Apparently I am Deceived.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2012, 01:06 PM
RE: Apparently I am Deceived.
(16-12-2012 09:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Simple. He never created it perfect. No where does it say that in the Bible. Everything is "good' and has a purpose.
He does lose a wrestling match. So much for a perfect record.

Sorry, couldn't help myself Smile

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2012, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2012 01:14 PM by Vosur.)
(18-12-2012 12:16 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  If God doesn't allow imperfection, then everything He creates is perfect, which is parallel to God.
He could be creating both perfect and imperfect things. For example, he could have created humans in our current state while removing the desire to kill others or implementing a mechanism to prevent us from killing members of our own species.

That aside, "perfect" is in no way synonymous or "parallel" with "God".

For fuck's sake, I'm playing redundant word games again. Dodgy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
18-12-2012, 01:22 PM
(18-12-2012 12:16 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 05:24 PM)Janus Wrote:  How the hell would you know! You have a hotline to God or something?
If God doesn't allow imperfection, then everything He creates is perfect, which is parallel to God. Since we are not perfect or parallel to God, it's evident that God created imperfection. If He created perfection, He would be creating Himself.

We were never created perfect because we have moved into imperfection - that is impossible for a perfect being.

This is some of the most twisted logic I have ever read!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
18-12-2012, 02:29 PM
If the conclusion is inflexible, it stands to reason that the logic and reason leading to the conclusion must be flexible.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post
18-12-2012, 04:26 PM
(17-12-2012 01:24 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 10:09 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  So just why would this perfect god allow imperfection? Why not create everyone like himself, just perfect? We wouldn't have to put up with his whinging that things aren't perfect if he'd made us like him in the first place.

God must have been bored, which means he ain't perfect. If he ain't perfect, he ain't a god.

So god don't exist.

Wow!

Sometimes I feel almost as clever as HOC!
Because that would be God creating God. He didn't want that.

I'll admit I haven't read through the whole thread. He [god] didn't want to create other beings like himself, who could make their own stuff? Are you saying that he wanted lessor beings that he could control?
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-12-2012, 04:29 PM
(18-12-2012 04:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 01:24 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Because that would be God creating God. He didn't want that.

I'll admit I haven't read through the whole thread. He [god] didn't want to create other beings like himself, who could make their own stuff? Are you saying that he wanted lessor beings that he could control?
I'm speaking mostly about the bible and all the rules contained there. I'm not trying to b snarky or rude (I could see what I wrote could be taken this way).

I'm actually curious tho. God didn't create people an equal to him, but instead created people who would just follow him?
18-12-2012, 04:53 PM
(18-12-2012 04:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 01:24 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Because that would be God creating God. He didn't want that.

That's exactly what KC is saying.

According to KC, god ceated two kinds of people - the chosen ones who follow him, and the crap that goes to hell. And god knows exactly who is who when he creates them.

So god likes to create imperfect beings, most of whom he takes pleasure in watching on their path to hell.

How someone as nice as KC can believe something so sick I will never understand.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-12-2012, 04:57 PM
(18-12-2012 04:53 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(18-12-2012 04:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'll admit I haven't read through the whole thread. He [god] didn't want to create other beings like himself, who could make their own stuff? Are you saying that he wanted lessor beings that he could control?

That's exactly what KC is saying.

According to KC, god ceated two kinds of people - the chosen ones who follow him, and the crap that goes to hell. And god knows exactly who is who when he creates them.

So god likes to create imperfect beings, most of whom he takes pleasure in watching on their path to hell.

How someone as nice as KC can believe something so sick I will never understand.
Well, no. God doesn't take pleasure in evil or damnation. It's the cause and effect of evil that had to be in order to fulfill Christ's purpose.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
18-12-2012, 05:11 PM
(18-12-2012 04:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(18-12-2012 04:53 PM)Dom Wrote:  That's exactly what KC is saying.

Well, no. God doesn't take pleasure in evil or damnation. It's the cause and effect of evil that had to be in order to fulfill Christ's purpose.

So, are you saying that god knew all along he'd create Christ? Why not just make everyone like himself to begin with, why bother creating lessor beings at all?
18-12-2012, 05:19 PM
(18-12-2012 05:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-12-2012 04:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Well, no. God doesn't take pleasure in evil or damnation. It's the cause and effect of evil that had to be in order to fulfill Christ's purpose.

So, are you saying that god knew all along he'd create Christ? Why not just make everyone like himself to begin with, why bother creating lessor beings at all?
God's omniscience and God's plan always existed. One didn't exist before the other as they are both infinite. Each was, and always is; no variation from the plan is conceivable.

As to why He planned it the way He planned it... I don't know. I can't answer that.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]