Apparently I'm a satan worshipper (Omegle)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2012, 12:37 PM
RE: Apparently I'm a satan worshipper (Omegle)
Trolls put a lot of work into all their craziness.
With Fundies, it rolls out of them naturally and consistently, unless of course they often quote contradictory bible verses and then you'll only get constant inconsistency.

Plus, you can make a troll think and they pause trying to cover the tracks of their craziness with even more craziness.
You can't get a fundie to think. They are on cruise control with no one in the drivers seat.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Rahn127's post
30-07-2012, 04:18 PM
(30-07-2012 12:02 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(30-07-2012 12:00 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I think you just got trolled.
I considered this possibility as well, but it's nearly impossible to tell the difference between the two (Poe's Law). Based on the way she replied to different people, I'm fairly certain that she wasn't trolling.

I don't mean to offend you, but what makes you think that she's trolling in the first place? Is it because you think that her belief system is crazy compared to your own or is it something entirely different?

Nah, it has nothing to do with his beliefs vs my beliefs or whose beliefs are wackier.

It's just his approach to you, in general, was trollish. It sounds like he's playing a part. It's almost slap-stickish how he call you a Satan worshiper. I've played that troll before. It's the extreme belief troll and/or the ignoring troll ie stick to an opposing belief while offering the most outlandish dialogue you can think of based on the other person's belief system; when confronted, ignore any and all rebuttal and accuse the person of something that he would consider equally outlandish.

It's really a fun role to play if you're bored and want to see people get all worked up.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
30-07-2012, 04:53 PM
(30-07-2012 04:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-07-2012 12:02 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I considered this possibility as well, but it's nearly impossible to tell the difference between the two (Poe's Law). Based on the way she replied to different people, I'm fairly certain that she wasn't trolling.

I don't mean to offend you, but what makes you think that she's trolling in the first place? Is it because you think that her belief system is crazy compared to your own or is it something entirely different?

Nah, it has nothing to do with his beliefs vs my beliefs or whose beliefs are wackier.

It's just his approach to you, in general, was trollish. It sounds like he's playing a part. It's almost slap-stickish how he call you a Satan worshiper. I've played that troll before. It's the extreme belief troll and/or the ignoring troll ie stick to an opposing belief while offering the most outlandish dialogue you can think of based on the other person's belief system; when confronted, ignore any and all rebuttal and accuse the person of something that he would consider equally outlandish.

It's really a fun role to play if you're bored and want to see people get all worked up.

Yet, in a previous incarnation, I knew people like that so I'd lean the other way and say its probably a real person. Although I don't know Omegle, so maybe that is the type of place to troll.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
30-07-2012, 05:15 PM
(30-07-2012 12:01 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(30-07-2012 11:55 AM)kim Wrote:  On the Origin of Species Undecided

WTF is right. I wracked my brain ... I'm still not seeing what he might be thinking is racist. Unsure

Strange that someone is studying something in the hope of enriching their life, yet refuses to check out all aspects of life -some of which may or may not be perceivably counter to one's path of enrichment.

I mean, shit; I've read Mein Kampf. At least I know what went on in that twisted freak's mind. To me, the most important thing is; I didn't let someone else tell me their interpretation of it.

That really is the one dangerous thing about information; letting someone else decide for you relevance and accuracy.

I have heard some of the fundies say the sub title to Species is something like "Preservation of the favored races" and like everything else they just accept what the witch doctors say rather than check it out on their own. They all have an issue with the book but not one has read it.Drinking Beverage

See 04:56:

30-07-2012, 10:57 PM
(30-07-2012 04:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Nah, it has nothing to do with his beliefs vs my beliefs or whose beliefs are wackier.

I can see your point, but there are several things that don't add up if this was the case. Here are three presuppositions that we should be able to agree on.

#1. The partner you get while searching on Omegle is based both on chance and the search settings you have. While searching for people who are interested in "Animals" you will never find someone with the interest "Cars" and vice versa. But even so, the partner you get within your same interest group is still completely random.

#2. Omegle is much like chatroulette, when you go to the videochat, the overwhelming majority of partners you get are guys who are jerking off. In the same manner, when you search for a partner to text with, the majority will be (at least for me) people asking "asl?" who disconnect if you are a male person.

#3. This particular girl talked to me and several other people randomly over a timespan of two days while remaining consistent in the way she talks

troll
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

From these presuppositions we can conclude that she didn't know who I was before I said anything other than "Hello/Greetings/Hi/...", because the partner she gets to talk to is random. Furthermore, we can conclude that Omegle isn't a common place for trolls, but rather for people who want to show off their genitals and for those who are looking for a sexual partner. Trolls are users who seek to provocate people in public (i.e. YouTube, reddit, 4chan, etc.) and get negative and/or agressive responses. What's interesting about this is that her intention doesn't seem to be trolling at all, but to have a genuine conversation with someone who shares her own belief. It wasn't until the second day that she admitted to be an aryan Catholic to anyone. When you read through all the chatlogs chronologically, you can see a certain development.

Stranger: Hello
You: Evening
Stranger: Religious?
You: Yes. What about you?
Stranger: I am a Catholic
Stranger: You?
You: Catholic as well
Stranger: Which sect
You: Aryan catholics
Stranger: Me Too!
You: That's great!
Stranger: Awesome!
You: Where did you learn about it?
Stranger: It is soo hardntomfind fellow true blievers!
Stranger: My parents told me about them.
Stranger: I never knew I was soo special.
Stranger: They gave me the Bible and forced me to read it.
I don't know about you, but does this give you the impression that she was trying to troll anyone? Keep in mind that at this point we have already talked over 6 times and she didn't cause me to react in an agressive manner for once. Again, I don't want to offend you, but the whole "I never knew I was so special" thing sounds a lot like your "I'm elected by god" belief. The difference is that she thinks she's elect because she's aryan.

Furthermore, after I pretended to be of the same religion and bashing her, she became even more defensive about her belief and didn't even want to mention her particular branch of Christianity (at first).
Stranger: Hello
You: Hey!
Stranger: Religious?
You: I'm a Christian and you?
Stranger: Catholic
You: Cool. What branch?
Stranger: .....
Stranger: The true branch.
You: Which is ... ? Protestant?
Stranger: Protestant are not catholics
You: Oops, my bad
Stranger: Yeah
Stranger: I am a special type
It just doesn't add up. Trolls don't seek attention from a single person in a private chat and they usually don't get defensive about what they spout out. To me, this girl sounds just like every other brainwashed/indoctrinated person I've talked to, the difference is that her belief is even more irrational.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
30-07-2012, 11:52 PM
She may be genuine then. I just don't know where y'all dig these people up. I've seriously never encountered Christians like the ones y'all post about.

And, don't worry... you're not going to offend me by not agreeing with my belief or comparing it to others that you find whacky.

I've been here awhile. I know what to expect. I know you're just being polite, and I can respect that... I just don't want you to walk on eggshells when addressing my Christianity, my beliefs, or me as a person.

I'm pretty stalwart.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
31-07-2012, 12:00 AM
Don't worry KC, we won't hold back... If we deem it necessary, we'll rip you a new one, just like any other Christian.

Big Grin

Tongue

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 4 users Like Filox's post
31-07-2012, 12:11 AM
(31-07-2012 12:00 AM)Filox Wrote:  Don't worry KC, we won't hold back... If we deem it necessary, we'll rip you a new one, just like any other Christian.

Big Grin

Tongue

[Image: 5238.blogs-_2800_2_2900_.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
31-07-2012, 07:44 AM
Someone should invite her to the Satan worshippers lair... Evil_monster

I'm sure she'd have the time of her life hanging out here! Smile

One thing I find extremely amusing is the

trails she leaves in her chat. It's so freaking cute (not in the I'd consider dating this girl way, just in the human self-expression way.)
It's like you can hear her thinking. Silence says more than a thousand words. Especially when you can use your imagination to fill in the gaps. Big Grin

That just cracks me up.

Personally I wouldn't mind chatting with her if she could hold a fairly level headed conversation. A site like this would probably be too confrontational. I doubt she could handle it - though I've been surprised before.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
31-07-2012, 04:48 PM
We hold black mass every full moon at midnight in crocket park

You'll need a black robe, false idols, and it's BYOBaby to sacrifice

Welcome Fellow Satanist

"'Tis the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it." - Aristotle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA