Apparently, I'm psychic...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2012, 01:25 AM
RE: Apparently, I'm psychic...
(12-11-2012 12:31 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The brain is a wonderful and complex thing. You have probably been doing the job for too long and can spot what you need. There are differences in things that we don't spot for quite a while. Once you have it though, it is just there.
Like sexing a chicken or spotting a plane. Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2012, 01:43 AM
alright we can test this.

Which middle finger am I holding up?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
12-11-2012, 01:56 AM
(12-11-2012 01:43 AM)ddrew Wrote:  alright we can test this.

That's easy, both of them. ... bitch. Big Grin

12-11-2012, 02:02 AM
(12-11-2012 01:56 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 01:43 AM)ddrew Wrote:  alright we can test this.

That's easy, both of them. ... bitch. Big Grin

hahaha... you failed... totally WRONG... go drink some more and try again.
remember i'm tricky.. Consider

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
12-11-2012, 02:31 AM
(12-11-2012 02:02 AM)ddrew Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 01:56 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That's easy, both of them. ... bitch. Big Grin

hahaha... you failed... totally WRONG... go drink some more and try again.

ManlyGirl says I've had enough. ... My next guess is neither you fucker.

12-11-2012, 03:20 AM
(12-11-2012 02:31 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 02:02 AM)ddrew Wrote:  hahaha... you failed... totally WRONG... go drink some more and try again.

ManlyGirl says I've had enough. ... My next guess is neither you fucker.

bout damn time.. geeze .. 2 guesses... your getting rusty in your old age.

13-11-2012, 06:05 PM
(06-11-2012 11:52 AM)Boota Wrote:  I had no idea I was doing any such thing. Other than his word for it I have no proof that I was. The shims are completely random with no discernible pattern. I wasn't thinking about anything, just working like a machine. But I had to consider his question. Was I psychic?

"Well, if I am I cannot think of a more worthless psychic power," I told him. "If it can't save a life or win a lottery for me what good is it?"

That would just be my luck. Psychic powers prove to be real and THAT'S the one I get. Perfect.
It gets worse than that. Most of psychic forces disappear under rational scrutiny. It's like trying to see in a mirror how do you look with your eyes closed. Or trying to remember what your last thought would be before getting asleep.
If you can still pull off the trick after your co-worker told you, then that would be really something. My guess is you'd have to forget and get immersed in work so your psychic powers start working again.
Maybe I spoiled your psychic powers by telling you the above, in that case I'm sorry, nevermind Big Grin

Anyway, I get intuitive hints quite often, but just a few seconds before they actually happen. Usually things like what number is going to get generated on my e-reader gamebook app (after I pressed the button), or who am I going to walk into on my way to the dorm bathrooms. The intuition is there, it's just so subtle that I rarely act upon it, if there is anything to do about it. It's not very helpful, but it saves me some surprises. I keep not doubting about it, hoping it will grow into some more useful ability.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
15-11-2012, 04:10 AM
(12-11-2012 01:25 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 12:31 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The brain is a wonderful and complex thing. You have probably been doing the job for too long and can spot what you need. There are differences in things that we don't spot for quite a while. Once you have it though, it is just there.

Like sexing a chicken or spotting a plane. Big Grin

I am not sure what spotting a plane is. You are probably correct. I have been into keeping birds (parrots) for quite a few years now. I know it is going to sound odd to you, but I can tell just by facial expression whether a bird is happy, sad, angy, or jealous. Bird, despite having a beak instead of a mouth actually smile. So, even if not obvious to everyone your brain can spot extremely small differences if you do the task long enough.
15-11-2012, 09:20 AM
(13-11-2012 06:05 PM)Luminon Wrote:  It gets worse than that. Most of psychic forces disappear under rational scrutiny.
Oh, I wonder why that is ... Angel

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
15-11-2012, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2012 12:36 PM by Luminon.)
(15-11-2012 09:20 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 06:05 PM)Luminon Wrote:  It gets worse than that. Most of psychic forces disappear under rational scrutiny.
Oh, I wonder why that is ... Angel
Besides delusions,confirmation bias and scams...
If something depends on your brain doing a special function, you can`t do something opposite without disruption. Classical scientific tests are also rather stressing, as Kanarev said, scientific truth is never born in dispute. Subtle human-dependent phenomena need friendly environment to grow into testability. I would recommend methods used by John Heron,like a method of co-operative inquiry or Heron`s beard,a method of management of ambiguous experience.

Anyway we are better off testing just people who cllaim their abilities work always no matter what is happening. Like me,with me its solidly neurologic and independent on moods and all.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!