Apparently, I'm psychic...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2012, 12:06 AM
RE: Apparently, I'm psychic...
(06-11-2012 06:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Your Brain Knows a Lot More Than You Realize. You could be a chicken sexer or a plane spotter. Big Grin
Yup. That's what all the David Eagleman stuff on YouTube is about.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 12:21 AM
could it be that you learned to recognize what shim goes where faster than the scanner?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
07-11-2012, 04:02 AM
No. They are only varied by thousandths of an inch. The thickest and the thinnest look and feel exactly the same. Without the electronic verifier, which we have to use before installation to make sure we are using the right shim, we would have no way of knowing which one we had grabbed. If I was doing what he said I was grabbing the proper shim before the pallet settled into the work station and lit the proper light. Again, though, I only have his word for it, since I wasn't paying any attention.
07-11-2012, 04:14 AM
oh, in that case you might be some sort of mutant, maybe now it's an useless power, but your grand children could be gods among men!! :O

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
07-11-2012, 05:14 AM
55 people driving round thinking.......

"What is wrong with the transmission in this bastard?"

Cool

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
07-11-2012, 09:21 AM
(07-11-2012 05:14 AM)bemore Wrote:  55 people driving round thinking.......

"What is wrong with the transmission in this bastard?"

Cool

Bowing

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
07-11-2012, 09:25 AM
There's a British study floating around the forum somewhere that shows our brains can make a decision something like 4-6 seconds before we are consciously aware we've made the decision. If that's true, we are all psychic.

Sorry to steal the wind from your sail, Boota. Sad

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
07-11-2012, 10:19 AM
(07-11-2012 09:25 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  There's a British study floating around the forum somewhere that shows our brains can make a decision something like 4-6 seconds before we are consciously aware we've made the decision. If that's true, we are all psychic.

A decision between two simple, pre-determined choices in an experiment, yeah. Drinking Beverage

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
07-11-2012, 10:21 AM
(07-11-2012 10:19 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(07-11-2012 09:25 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  There's a British study floating around the forum somewhere that shows our brains can make a decision something like 4-6 seconds before we are consciously aware we've made the decision. If that's true, we are all psychic.

A decision between two simple, pre-determined choices in an experiment, yeah. Drinking Beverage

Yes...which fits well the OP's situation. Yeah. Drinking Beverage

12-11-2012, 12:31 AM
The brain is a wonderful and complex thing. You have probably been doing the job for too long and can spot what you need. There are differences in things that we don't spot for quite a while. Once you have it though, it is just there.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post