• 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2012, 06:17 AM
RE: Apparently, I'm psychic...
HA!

I knew you were going to say this.

HAHAHAHA, I told you I was psychic...

Tongue

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
01-12-2012, 12:54 PM
(20-11-2012 03:36 PM)Luminon Wrote:  Let's say, either I have something real, or I have something that it's real enough to account for all the unusual phenomena, which is not bad either.

If there are special properties, circumstances and other facts necessary to design the test, they must be disclosed as soon as possible and the test must be re-designed accordingly and repeated. I am in favor of a closer and more gradual and lenient cooperation of practitioners and scientists, because I know the practitioners or psychics. Most of them doesn't know what they're doing, they just do it. They don't have the language to understand or explain anything in technical or scientific terms. And that really doesn't help anyone to design a repeatable test. Perhaps such a cooperation is more costly and takes more time, but it also helps to educate and to weed out the frauds. I'd suggest a practitioner should first show the proof to a scientist personally, with necessary controls but on a private, informal basis and simultaneously the former should learn something about the scientific method and related field. That might be a good beginning.
Can't say I disagree with this approach, although it will be hard to find scientists who are interested in working with people who are usually either frauds or mentally ill.

You say you know people who claim to have psychic powers. What abilities do they claim to possess and have you witnessed and verified them yourself?

(20-11-2012 03:36 PM)Luminon Wrote:  And I sometimes get a lot of experience. To manage and interpret that experience, I use the framework of Theosophy. I find it very helpful to make sense of it.
Do you care to elaborate on this?

(20-11-2012 03:36 PM)Luminon Wrote:  Today my Philosophy teacher said something... That agnosticism agrees with what is known, but the unknown is free to be explored, or something like that.
That's not what agnosticism usually means, especially because "what is known" is firstly subject to change and secondly subject to interpretation.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
04-12-2012, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 06:51 PM by Luminon.)

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
14-12-2012, 11:46 PM
(04-12-2012 06:46 PM)Luminon Wrote:  The second form of clairvoyance is something else. The former is an instinctive ability we lose as we get civilized.
Is there any evidence to support the latter claim?

(04-12-2012 06:46 PM)Luminon Wrote:  It's not easy to describe, unless you know the multiple worlds/multiple bodies model. There are two basic kinds of such psychics or psychism, primitive astral (emotional) psychism and advanced mental psychism.
There were times when I knew several of the former and they're the more common ones. Mostly they do channeling, automatic writing or drawing, some can see aura and having a few Reiki degrees are very common. However, I believe it's not strictly reliable, not exactly controllable by will, it seems wired to the older, instinctive parts of brain. I can see how it might malfunction when trying to observe it rationally. Many of these people are les or more irrational, or feely goody at best. That's why we don't make contact anymore, for years.

The second form of clairvoyance is something else. The former is an instinctive ability we lose as we get civilized. The latter is a new, higher form that humanity develops, this time consciously, in which case it may be reliable. Of these people, I know personally only one and she is very diffcult to pin down. If we humans are composite beings of multiple bodies of multiple kinds of matter/worlds, then she is a very much an integrated composite being, capable of feeling and acting in this and higher world.
She has a skill of kinesology (muscle tension test) she uses routinely for "number crunching", but other than that there is no single distinct ability I could easily describe. You'd have to know the model and even then it's rather bizarre. You can imagine her as an oracle, a role of a normal gossipy housewife that is ocassionally used by some higher, divine entity as an instrument to do lots and lots of work in this material world. Which means she is very busy. Money, fame and publicity (or even scientific advancement) mean nothing to her, she has her own agenda from the "higher-ups". Usually make use of her almost omniscient oracle-like counsel, I just ask the right and simpliest questions and she gives answers usually yes/no in terms of numeric beneficiality ratios (or deeper testing if the question is wrong), then I make my decisions. So far, she was always right about things - and I usually ask about some very important real life decisions. She helps me out a few times per year and I help her out when I can.

Anyway, there are also people like me. I have Asperger's, which comes with sensory integration diffculties. I don't hallucinate things, but some my neuron circuits trigger much more easily than in normal people. Which means I perceive consciously some things that normal people's brain filters out, without conscious decision. For example, some fabrics touch is unbearable to me, mainly velvet. Always wondered about it. Anyway, I'm sensitive enough to perceive something more, something that again, fits dead-on on the Theosophic model of multiple worlds/multiple bodies. Over the years I've observed things in a hundred random ways, little and big events, that affected both me and people around me, on this etheric level, independently, in advance. Which led me to conviction that it is an objective phenomenon.

Also, besides touch sense I spend a lot of time in rooms with sitting people. (classes) Which is a good place to train aura vision. had a nice observations a couple of times, but not most, it's not easy. I need to find out if it's just some kind of retinal fatigue or not. I might describe the experience to some expert.

When it comes to specific "special powers" like levitation or bending spoons, I don't know what to make of these. There is no specific mechanism that might make this possible or impossible in my theory. The theory mentions similar things only marginally, considering them merely an unpredictable side effect of a much more important thing - a personal and world development.
(04-12-2012 06:46 PM)Luminon Wrote:  It uses the standardized multiple worlds/multiple bodies model. There is a good website on it, with small flaws. The author did a good job of compiling everything, but he didn't study evolution so he disagrees with it, so please nevermind that. Other than that the article sums it up pretty well.
I think you already know what my response to this is going to be, so I'm going to save myself the time of typing it out. In case you don't, here are some clues: skepticism, evidence, falsifiability, testability, predictions, scientific method, etc.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
21-12-2012, 06:23 AM
(14-12-2012 11:46 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I think you already know what my response to this is going to be, so I'm going to save myself the time of typing it out. In case you don't, here are some clues: skepticism, evidence, falsifiability, testability, predictions, scientific method, etc.
Yes, these are essential methods that will have to be used. The problem is, I don't think we're at this stage yet. To get there, first we must put the material together, prepare it for a systematic study.
Why we need to study it? Because we need to know if it has a potential to describe or predict reality, a scientific potential.
How do we find out? By achieving three necessary things.
1) Knowledge of science, multiple disciplines, mainly physics, astronomy, cosmology, neurology, psychology, and perhaps a few social sciences.
2) Knowledge of the gathered and unified esoteric material, most preferably the Theosophic model.
3) The ability to correlate the two between each other in a curious, constructive, creative way, not "get this crap out of my way" way.

What is easier, which should one learn first? I believe we need a scientist like David Bohm, who is willing to have a friend like Jiddu Krishnamurti, and is willing to learn from him. There are possibilities, that the esoteric worldview will be found mostly false or mostly true, but I think most likely it will look like that it is neither. It might be a valid source of inspiring thought to make new scientific discoveries, but the language of science is specialized and it will be difficult to prove that a particular type of a particle corresponds let's say with a particular esoteric type of matter. The public, laymen and new students will probably be convinced that it fits and the older conservative scientists will vehemently oppose this view. But there will be at least one person who can tell for sure.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
13-07-2013, 02:08 AM
(06-11-2012 11:52 AM)Boota Wrote:  I work in a factory, making transmissions for cars. On one of the lines I work on there is a job where you have to put a shim underneath the clutch assembly. There are dozens of different thicknesses of shims, but six main shims we use. They are on a rack and when the pallet carrying the transmission comes up the line a scanner reads it and tells us which shim it needs by lighting up a shim on the rack. It has a considerable delay, however.

I didn't realize I was doing this, but a co-worker was watching me without my knowledge and he came over and asked, "How are you doing that?"

"Doing what?"

"I just counted and for fifty-five in a row you grabbed the right shim before it lit up. Are you psychic?"

I had no idea I was doing any such thing. Other than his word for it I have no proof that I was. The shims are completely random with no discernible pattern. I wasn't thinking about anything, just working like a machine. But I had to consider his question. Was I psychic?

"Well, if I am I cannot think of a more worthless psychic power," I told him. "If it can't save a life or win a lottery for me what good is it?"

That would just be my luck. Psychic powers prove to be real and THAT'S the one I get. Perfect.

I don't think you are a psychic and never was.. I think it is more to do with training. I worked also in a car factory before and after sometime I worked also like a robot, not thinking what part I was taking but it was always the correct one when I did in several rows.

It all becomes part of your reflexes in the end. This is thanks to neuroplasticity and the repeating of your work. Therefore when someone works somewhere for sometime his brain gets automated - it becomes like a part of reflexes..

Nothing paranormal here..

"What do you hope to accomplish by coming here, mortal? You have something that belongs to me and I want it." - Dr. Malcolm Betruger.
Will be away from 4.4.2013 to 20.4.2013.
13-07-2013, 05:33 AM
(13-07-2013 02:08 AM)Lukas1986 Wrote:  Nothing paranormal here..

Other than necroposting, trying to communicate with spirits long since departed from the forums... Dodgy

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-07-2013, 06:02 AM
Apparently, I'm psychic...
(13-07-2013 05:33 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(13-07-2013 02:08 AM)Lukas1986 Wrote:  Nothing paranormal here..

Other than necroposting, trying to communicate with spirits long since departed from the forums... Dodgy

Yabut, isn't it fun going down memory lane and seeing how cute all those kids were back then?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
13-07-2013, 07:42 AM
(13-07-2013 06:02 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(13-07-2013 05:33 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Other than necroposting, trying to communicate with spirits long since departed from the forums... Dodgy

Yabut, isn't it fun going down memory lane and seeing how cute all those kids were back then?

Ahh... no.

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-07-2013, 08:30 AM
Apparently, I'm psychic...
(13-07-2013 07:42 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(13-07-2013 06:02 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Yabut, isn't it fun going down memory lane and seeing how cute all those kids were back then?

Ahh... no.

I knew you'd say that. Dance, puppet! Dance!!!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My