Apple season

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2012, 02:36 PM
RE: Apple season
(08-11-2012 02:14 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-11-2012 12:09 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  It's Stoner-speak for making new plant starts from the clippings of a mother plant. :smokin"

I'm not sure you can take apple clippings and have them root, maybe he means grafting?

I'm anxiously awaiting his response!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2012, 07:05 PM
(08-11-2012 02:14 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-11-2012 12:09 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  It's Stoner-speak for making new plant starts from the clippings of a mother plant. :smokin"

I'm not sure you can take apple clippings and have them root, maybe he means grafting?

Probably more like layering. Think you're right that clippings probably ain't gonna work with trees and woody plants and you'll have to use some sorta layering technique, but apparently they got this rooting gel now instead of just powder and it works on cannabis clippings. ... Fucking stoners are modern day Mendel's. Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-11-2012, 07:44 PM
(08-11-2012 07:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-11-2012 02:14 PM)Dom Wrote:  I'm not sure you can take apple clippings and have them root, maybe he means grafting?

Probably more like layering. Think you're right that clippings probably ain't gonna work with trees and woody plants and you'll have to use some sorta layering technique, but apparently they got this rooting gel now instead of just powder and it works on cannabis clippings. ... Fucking stoners are modern day Mendel's. Big Grin
You just gave me a great idea. I have some rooting gel. Think if I put it on my root it'll work like androgel? Consider

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
08-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Missing fresh apples in Canada already! Honey crisp. So delish, eh?
[+] 1 user Likes Tigu's post
08-11-2012, 08:33 PM
(08-11-2012 07:44 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(08-11-2012 07:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Probably more like layering. Think you're right that clippings probably ain't gonna work with trees and woody plants and you'll have to use some sorta layering technique, but apparently they got this rooting gel now instead of just powder and it works on cannabis clippings. ... Fucking stoners are modern day Mendel's. Big Grin
You just gave me a great idea. I have some rooting gel. Think if I put it on my root it'll work like androgel? Consider

It'd only compound your problem. Then you'd have like 3 penises and nowhere to put any of them.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Actually, rooting a cutting is exactly what I mean. At the right time of year apple trees root fairly easily with the techniques we have nowadays. Takes a little knowhow, but not that hard to learn.

Just visiting.

-SR
08-11-2012, 09:18 PM
.....not that grafting isn't also an option, BTW.

Just visiting.

-SR
08-11-2012, 10:13 PM
grapples are weird, it's like biting into a a grape with no give that mixes banana apple and grape together.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
09-11-2012, 06:58 AM
(08-11-2012 09:18 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  .....not that grafting isn't also an option, BTW.

I'll research the options.

With grafting you can do some fun things - like put several different fruit on the same root stock.

Maybe I'll make one tree out of the lot of them. I can't eat that many apples anyway, the deer get most of them lol.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man