Apples and Oranges

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2012, 03:50 PM
RE: Apples and Oranges
(24-04-2012 03:45 PM)wtfbbq Wrote:  
(24-04-2012 03:38 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  5) Because of faith.
So naturally, I would then have to ask

(6) What sort of faith do you refer to in (5)?
My faith is in a Christian God.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2012, 04:01 PM
I like where this is going, post faster Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 3 users Like nach_in's post
24-04-2012, 04:04 PM
(24-04-2012 03:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  (7) My faith is in a Christian God.
Numbers! Lets not forget the numbers. So now we should be nearing the end of the whys (or into a circle) but either way, to move on:

(8) And why do you have faith in the Christian God?
24-04-2012, 04:07 PM
um...

You say "I believe in predestination"
I say "Why?"
You say "Harry Potter"
I say "Why you believe Harry Potter?"

You say "Why you try to reframe debate, Harry Potter is not up for questioning."
I say Weeping

Seriously KC... it's my one major gripe with you Tongue Everything's out of the Bible... everything refers back to the Bible. Questioning the Bible is not only allowed, it's encouraged! As long as your questions are "how the heck can I make this fit with what's in front of my eyeballs and steadfastly refuses to go away"...

... sorry if that sounded harsh...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-04-2012, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2012 04:10 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(24-04-2012 04:01 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I like where this is going, post faster Big Grin

You just want to ruminate on it, you ruminant, you. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http...Bg&dur=328

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-04-2012, 04:31 PM
(24-04-2012 04:07 PM)morondog Wrote:  Seriously KC... it's my one major gripe with you Tongue Everything's out of the Bible... everything refers back to the Bible. Questioning the Bible is not only allowed, it's encouraged! As long as your questions are "how the heck can I make this fit with what's in front of my eyeballs and steadfastly refuses to go away"...
LOL! It's my one major gripe with KC, too. The explanation of "it's in the bible" is infuriating. As if the damned book is completely factual and we are just pretending it isn't there. Most of my conversations with KC have led me to laughing my ass off after reading our entire posts back to back. Humorous in a good way, though. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes arbmouser's post
24-04-2012, 04:38 PM
(24-04-2012 04:01 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I like where this is going, post faster Big Grin
This probably will be a slow conversation, I'll be checking from time to time for when KC gets back on that. (I think we're just in the starting phase although I haven't really done this before)
24-04-2012, 04:52 PM
(24-04-2012 04:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

You just want to ruminate on it, you ruminant, you. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http...Bg&dur=328
shhhh... I mean... moooo Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
25-04-2012, 02:37 AM
Both sides are axiomatic and neither side wants to admit it. This topic is a big fucking yawn that KC is exploiting for more attention whoring. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-04-2012, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2012 09:29 AM by kingschosen.)
(24-04-2012 04:07 PM)morondog Wrote:  um...

You say "I believe in predestination"
I say "Why?"
You say "Harry Potter"
I say "Why you believe Harry Potter?"

You say "Why you try to reframe debate, Harry Potter is not up for questioning."
I say Weeping

Seriously KC... it's my one major gripe with you Tongue Everything's out of the Bible... everything refers back to the Bible. Questioning the Bible is not only allowed, it's encouraged! As long as your questions are "how the heck can I make this fit with what's in front of my eyeballs and steadfastly refuses to go away"...

... sorry if that sounded harsh...
Quote:
Quote:Seriously KC... it's my one major gripe with you Tongue
Everything's out of the Bible... everything refers back to the Bible.
Questioning the Bible is not only allowed, it's encouraged! As long as
your questions are "how the heck can I make this fit with what's in
front of my eyeballs and steadfastly refuses to go away"...
LOL!
It's my one major gripe with KC, too. The explanation of "it's in the
bible" is infuriating. As if the damned book is completely factual and
we are just pretending it isn't there. Most of my conversations with KC
have led me to laughing my ass off after reading our entire posts back
to back. Humorous in a good way, though. Smile
Gonna have to go ahead and call BS on this.

I challenge you to find ONE instance in where I argue theologically against a non-theological argument.

Questioning theology is fine, and I encourage it; however, when the topic or questions at hand are about theology, questioning the foundation of the theology is non-sequitur.

Asking a question that concerns Christianity and then retorting that the Christian authority is false is not a valid argument nor a fair way to debate.

Now, if the question is about the validity of the Bible, then yes, debating it is perfectly fine.

I like analogies, so here goes:

Man 1: Hey, what are you guys talking about?
Man 2: We're debating whether or not the insect - the ladybug - should be classified as a beetle or a bug.
Man 3: Yeah, this insect has been a problem for us insect people.
Man 1: Yeah, I heard about this. But, you're both wrong because ladybugs are actually arachnids.
Man 2: Well, I've heard that debate as well, but that's not what we're talking about. You see, we believe that they are insects.
Man 1: So, where are you getting your information?
Man 3: Oh, we get it from the "Insect Authority".
Man 1: That book is false because it was written by insect people.
Man 2: But we're insect people and we're talking about insects. Whether or not the book is false or not is irrelevant because we believe it is true, so we are basing our information on what it says.
Man 1: Everything you say is invalid because the "Insect Authority" is false.
Man 3: Maybe in the arachnid world, but in the insect world, we have a valid debate based on what the "Insect Authority" says.
Man 2: Yeah, what you're talking about doesn't have anything to do with what we're talking about.
Man 1: I can't talk to you two. All you want to do is talk about what the "Insect Authority" says.
Man 3: Well... yeah... because that's what we're talking about. If you want to talk about the insect vs arachnid debate just let us know.

(24-04-2012 04:04 PM)wtfbbq Wrote:  
(24-04-2012 03:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  (7) My faith is in a Christian God.
Numbers! Lets not forget the numbers. So now we should be nearing the end of the whys (or into a circle) but either way, to move on:

(8) And why do you have faith in the Christian God?
Sorry for the late response. I really don't post after 5PM CST.

(9) Because I had a radical conversation.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]