[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
15-12-2016, 10:45 AM
RE: Appliances You Can Live Without
(15-12-2016 10:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Here's mine:

Sewing machine
Garbage Disposal
Curling Iron
Electric Can Opener

Yeah, I can live without an electric can opener. I have a coffee maker and a microwave on my counter, and that's it.

I can also live without a food processor, a mixer, an electric skillet, and a clothing steamer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
15-12-2016, 10:47 AM
(15-12-2016 10:45 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(15-12-2016 10:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Here's mine:

Sewing machine
Garbage Disposal
Curling Iron
Electric Can Opener

Yeah, I can live without an electric can opener. I have a coffee maker and a microwave on my counter, and that's it.

I can also live without a food processor, a mixer, an electric skillet, and a clothing steamer.

Good points! I don't need any of those things either.
15-12-2016, 10:51 AM
I also don't really need a hair dryer. I have long hair but I wash it at night and let it air dry. My bf doesn't like that I get the pillowcases wet though Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
15-12-2016, 11:11 AM
Snicker-snicker. I have five sewing machines, three of them are industrial. I use them professionally so sewing machines are how I make a living. Gotta have those.

The can opener is the only one on your list I could do without.

I have a great toaster/oven thingy that just I love! I like to toast little things or heat them up so I use this......v

[Image: Home_toasterovens-waring-wto150.jpg]

That way I don't have to turn on the big ol oven. Some things I don't want to put in the microwave because it makes it all limp and blah so I stick them in that little oven. It's especially great for a slice of left over pizza. And I have a piece of toast almost every day. I love this appliance. It's my second one. When this one dies I'll go get another.

I gotta have a hair dryer too. My hair dries really stupid if I don't straighten it. I have low IQ hair. Laugh out load

I also love my electric toothbrush. I couldn't live without that either. My teeth are very important to me. I have nice teeth and I wanna keep it that way.

Other than that I don't really have that many small appliances. I don't drink coffee but my husband does and he uses a hand held, non electric French press so we don't have a fancy electric coffee maker.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
15-12-2016, 11:23 AM
I don't need anything to curl or straighten my hair, a blowdryer, a coffee maker, a vacuum, an electric can opener, a garbage disposal, a sewing machine... pretty much just the things mentioned in this thread; I can't think of much else right now... Hm...
[+] 1 user Likes AnaBunny's post
15-12-2016, 11:26 AM
All I need is a stove/oven, dish washer and washer/dryer for clothes. Fuck washing dishes by hand, it sucks so much.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
15-12-2016, 11:27 AM
(15-12-2016 11:11 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Snicker-snicker. I have five sewing machines, three of them are industrial. I use them professionally so sewing machines are how I make a living. Gotta have those.

The can opener is the only one on your list I could do without.

I have a great toaster/oven thingy that just I love! I like to toast little things or heat them up so I use this......v

[Image: Home_toasterovens-waring-wto150.jpg]

That way I don't have to turn on the big ol oven. Some things I don't want to put in the microwave because it makes it all limp and blah so I stick them in that little oven. It's especially great for a slice of left over pizza. And I have a piece of toast almost every day. I love this appliance. It's my second one. When this one dies I'll go get another.

I gotta have a hair dryer too. My hair dries really stupid if I don't straighten it. I have low IQ hair. Laugh out load

I also love my electric toothbrush. I couldn't live without that either. My teeth are very important to me. I have nice teeth and I wanna keep it that way.

Other than that I don't really have that many small appliances. I don't drink coffee but my husband does and he uses a hand held, non electric French press so we don't have a fancy electric coffee maker.

As a fan of Project Runway, I would love to learn how to sew. But I think my garments would come out all lopsided. So unless I had a customer with one fat arm and one leg longer than the other, I don't think I'd be very successful Laugh out load
15-12-2016, 11:47 AM
I LOVE project Runway, but have little interest in learning how to sew. lol

I could live without a hair dryer, or curling iron - I am pretty low maintenance.
No electric opener, garbage disposal, etc. Our house is old and doesn't have a lot of storage for 'extra' appliances.
I use my food processor to make nut butters, so I would miss that!

My husband would answer oven/stove. lol

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
15-12-2016, 12:55 PM
All but one.

Unless you're counting laptops and phones as appliances, so barring the fridge, I am entirely app-free (applications and appliances).

And I don't use my phone if I can avoid it.

Thinking about it, I don't really need to have drinks cooled so perhaps I can eschew the fridge too... that's worth mulling over.

Good question.

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post