April 4th Lunar Eclipse.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2015, 06:56 AM
RE: April 4th Lunar Eclipse.
(30-03-2015 06:03 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  The next Lunar Eclipse in the current Tetrad will take place April 4th. This will be a "total" lunar eclipse. Well, barely total. This eclipse will be taking place in the Earth's upper umbra shadow instead of the usual center umbra shadow which means short totality time. This eclipse is predicted to be in totality for at max, 12 minuets, if even that. This also may give the moon a more pinkish glow than the usual red. It takes longer to bake a pizza in the oven than this eclipse will last in totality so make sure your ready and watching.

More Info

Times

Is the world ending already? I was planning to... fuck it, I was planning to do nothing then, and I don't want my not doing anything interrupted!! Angry

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2015, 07:59 AM
(01-04-2015 06:56 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 06:03 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  The next Lunar Eclipse in the current Tetrad will take place April 4th. This will be a "total" lunar eclipse. Well, barely total. This eclipse will be taking place in the Earth's upper umbra shadow instead of the usual center umbra shadow which means short totality time. This eclipse is predicted to be in totality for at max, 12 minuets, if even that. This also may give the moon a more pinkish glow than the usual red. It takes longer to bake a pizza in the oven than this eclipse will last in totality so make sure your ready and watching.

More Info

Times

Is the world ending already? I was planning to... fuck it, I was planning to do nothing then, and I don't want my not doing anything interrupted!! Angry

It's a safe bet your nothingness will not get interrupted.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
04-04-2015, 07:29 AM
I missed the total eclipse due to cloud cover. I caught some of the penumbral eclipse. Did anyone do better than me?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
04-04-2015, 08:48 PM
Got lucky, didn't know it was on and I was walking across the bridge last night after work and some random lady pointed it out. Completely red and really tiny. Wont be another lunar eclipse till 2018.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
05-04-2015, 10:29 PM

More Info

Times

Saw it in Colorado. We had clear skies. The moon looked really small though. Smaller than usual.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick