Poll: How would you like to live?
Coral reef?
Open ocean?
Bottom dweller? Yuck!
Milk
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Aquatopia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2017, 10:01 AM
RE: Aquatopia
(11-02-2017 03:45 AM)Vera Wrote:  FullCirlce, I read somewhere you're not allowed to scubadive there? Or is it just diving, but swimming is okay? They also nearly disappeared some time ago and are especially vulnerable to climate change Sad

That’s correct, we were snorkeling.
Because the lake is surrounded by tall trees sunlight only reaches parts of it at any one time. As the shadows move across the jellyfish follow the sunlight.

I didn’t know they had nearly disappeared. Sadcryface2

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2017, 11:01 AM
He said they recovered this time (it was a short-lived temperature variation - a mere 2 degrees, but more than 20 million died, so they are obviously very vulnerable (as are we, but some are too blind to see. We seem hellbent on earning the greatest Darwin Award ever. Dodgy )

Oh, oh, but guys... guess what this is?

[Image: wDsvkkiRq-FojYCPM551PtSi-TOXh1mIUgXg4BAY...c5e592cfd9]

Give up?

a pufferfish skeleton Yes

And this is just for funsies Big Grin

[Image: f4a3d31c91f7d0200efb52bd1677893a.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
11-02-2017, 10:13 PM
Can I be the coral reef? Is that allowed?

Of course at this point I'd be dying, so I'd like to go back in time to when the coral reefs were healthy.

I don't have the courage to be an ocean creature.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post