Archaeological evidence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2018, 12:18 PM
Archaeological evidence
Hi there I was just wondering what does every one think of the archaeological findings by Collins on tall El-Hammam he suggests that it is proof of the destruction of Sodom because the city was dated from around that time it was also the largest city on the planes and he claims the city was wiped out suddenly by a large amount of heat any decent repliess will be greatly appreciated Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2018, 12:47 PM
RE: Archaeological evidence
Quote:Steven Collins (born September 11, 1950) is an American archaeologist and a professor with the College of Archaeology at the unaccredited Trinity Southwest University in Albuquerque, New Mexico, an institution that states that biblical scripture is the "divinely inspired representation of reality given by God to humankind, speaking with absolute authority in all matters upon which it touches". Collins is also the Professor of Archaeology and Biblical History along with Professor of Biblical and Theological Studies at the accredited Veritas International University. He has been an archaeologist for 30 years, researching and teaching on Near Eastern archaeology and biblical studies. His work as a field archaeologist and Bible scholar, combine to tie the biblical record to the historical and archaeological evidence.

I dont know about Collins himself, but his "university" seems to be more of a church actually. What kind of light that may shed on Collins and his choice to work for said institution.....you be the judge.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
15-05-2018, 12:55 PM
There's very few ancient cities thousands of years old that weren't ransacked and burned. As a matter of fact, I can't think of one.

You do realize that archaeologists could find the shoes that Jebus wore, the house he lived in and the bed he slept in but it still wouldn't be evidence of a god or his allegedly magical son. The bible is embellished storytelling.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
15-05-2018, 12:55 PM
(15-05-2018 12:18 PM)‘Spudnik510 Wrote:  ...largest city on the planes...

Ages 6-12

[Image: Screen_Shot_2018-05-15_at_2.54.53_PM.png]

Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 8 users Like Full Circle's post
15-05-2018, 01:04 PM
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=...0XccOV56rj

Seems like even other batshit Bible literalists think Collins's interpretation of the evidence stinks.

fudge is the only divinity that matters
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
15-05-2018, 01:07 PM
(15-05-2018 12:55 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-05-2018 12:18 PM)‘Spudnik510 Wrote:  ...largest city on the planes...

Ages 6-12

[Image: Screen_Shot_2018-05-15_at_2.54.53_PM.png]

Big Grin

Bhahaha! I'm such a shitty speller I didn't even notice Spuds misspelling.... Wait, did I spell misspelling wrong? Are there two esses in misspelling? I don't know. I don't really give a fuck, all I know is that just because some Christian leaning archaeologist found evidence of an ancient burned city it's no more evidence of a biblical god than the city of Troy is evidence of Zeus. Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
15-05-2018, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2018 01:13 PM by Vera.)
(15-05-2018 12:18 PM)Spudnik510 Wrote:  any decent repliess will be greatly appreciated Smile

So would be decent questionss. Yet, strangely enough, I am not holding my breath Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
15-05-2018, 01:33 PM
(15-05-2018 01:08 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(15-05-2018 12:18 PM)Spudnik510 Wrote:  any decent repliess will be greatly appreciated Smile

So would be decent questionss.

I’d even settle for a good hypothesiss.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
15-05-2018, 01:53 PM
It seems like I recall Steven Collins is the archaeologists who has to move the Biblial dates arbitrarily around to make his assertions work. By the way, the college he works for is unaccredited and they are very connected with christianity. His dating of events messes with the bible to such an extent that almost 1000 years are missing or unaccounted for.

15-05-2018, 02:57 PM
Is it also true that Collins, and other bible thumping assholes like him, have found an ancient apple core with Eve's teeth marks in it?

Is there anything you won't believe?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post