Are Americans Really THAT Violent

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2015, 05:41 AM
RE: Are Americans Really THAT Violent
(20-05-2015 03:15 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Biker, I feel the need to ask: how does the US stack up against the rest of the first world? Drinking Beverage

Being a bit classist there dude.....

You think there's an excuse for people to go about killing each other if they're poor???

I expect the same standards to apply everywhere.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2015, 05:55 AM
(21-05-2015 05:41 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(20-05-2015 03:15 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Biker, I feel the need to ask: how does the US stack up against the rest of the first world? Drinking Beverage

Being a bit classist there dude.....

You think there's an excuse for people to go about killing each other if they're poor???

I expect the same standards to apply everywhere.

I did not say such a thing.

I merely suggested that you compare the US to nations to which it is similar. I feel it would give a greater degree of clarity to the US's position were it compared to nations of similar status, rather than nations which are largely dissimilar to it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-05-2015, 06:13 AM
Similar HOW???

Why are you trying to segregate people by imaginary boundaries?

Do you really think that some people haven't been taught it's wrong to kill other people?

Or, are you trying to make excuses?

Or, do you just really feel a need to tell everybody how bad the US is???

pick one

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
21-05-2015, 06:29 AM
(21-05-2015 06:13 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Similar HOW???

Like country??

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
21-05-2015, 06:37 AM

Do you really think that some people haven't been taught it's wrong to kill other people?

pick one

Dodgy

Yep. I'm the bad guy attempting to segregate people with imaginary boundaries in order to see which nation has the most or worst serial killers. Yep, that was me all right.

Nations I would suggest as being sufficiently similar to the US for a meaningful comparison would be those rated among the so-called Developed or 'First' world; nations such as the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Japan, Aus, New Zealand, France, Germany, Belgium etc.
Such nations, like the US, tend to be relatively stable, unlike Colombia for instance which has several ongoing guerrilla insurgencies which skew things, plus they have similar levels of social infrastructure (medical and educational infrastructure for example) which aids comparison based purely on the nation (as the thread seemingly began as) Want to be able to eliminate variables which may cause exaggerated skews in comparison nations.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-05-2015, 07:07 AM
(21-05-2015 06:37 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  

pick one

Dodgy

Yep. I'm the bad guy attempting to segregate people with imaginary boundaries in order to see which nation has the most or worst serial killers. Yep, that was me all right.

Nations I would suggest as being sufficiently similar to the US for a meaningful comparison would be those rated among the so-called Developed or 'First' world; nations such as the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Japan, Aus, New Zealand, France, Germany, Belgium etc.
Such nations, like the US, tend to be relatively stable, unlike Colombia for instance which has several ongoing guerrilla insurgencies which skew things, plus they have similar levels of social infrastructure (medical and educational infrastructure for example) which aids comparison based purely on the nation (as the thread seemingly began as) Want to be able to eliminate variables which may cause exaggerated skews in comparison nations.

I'm not saying you're bad.

I'm saying you're making an unnecessary distinction based on "nationality".

People, are people.

It's as wrong to judge someone based upon where they're from, as what color they are.

Actions -- not imaginary distinctions - matter far more.

And it seems there's murdering muthafuckas everywhere.

No country has the market cornered.

21-05-2015, 07:13 AM
(21-05-2015 06:37 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  

pick one

Dodgy

That would be the scientific way to go about it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-05-2015, 10:15 PM
(20-05-2015 11:37 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(19-05-2015 10:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  No New Zealanders? Really?
There you go. A new goal in life awaits.

new...?
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
27-05-2015, 04:35 AM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2015 08:25 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(21-05-2015 07:07 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 06:37 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Dodgy

I'm not saying you're bad.

I'm saying you're making an unnecessary distinction based on "nationality".

People, are people.

It's as wrong to judge someone based upon where they're from, as what color they are.

Actions -- not imaginary distinctions - matter far more.

And it seems there's murdering muthafuckas everywhere.

No country has the market cornered.

Context matters, and the context on the ground in Columbia is a far cry from the context on the ground in most all of the United States. People's actions are not determined in a vacuum, their environments play a huge part; and you're comparing vastly different social, economical, and political environments. It's not making 'unnecessary distinctions', it's observing very real differences in circumstance and opportunity.

Plus, if you need to cite serial killers in Columbia to make the United States look good in comparison, I weep for us.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post