Are Atheists Zombies?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
15-08-2014, 05:51 PM
RE: Are Atheists Zombies?
(15-08-2014 05:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  How did I miss this thread?

Yes, yes, all us heathens are zombies.

Your question is answered. You may go now.

And a proud member of the Portland Zombie Walk of 2014. Here's a bunch of us.......[Image: 96917-standard.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2014, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2014 06:50 PM by hbl.)
(15-08-2014 05:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No. No scholar says that.
Paul NEVER quotes a gospel, so we know they did not exist for him to use.

Of course scholars date the gospels before the Neronian persecutions as it wouldn't make much sense to have gospels written by martyred Apostles. None of the 2nd generation Apostles said they wrote the gospels either, but Polycarp and Clement of Rome said they knew John and Peter personally. They got the message from the first Apostles that were eyewitnesses.

Considering Paul didn't spend that much time with authors of the 4 gospels, it would not be reasonable to assume he had those texts with him. But 1 Cor. 15, "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures. And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time." (vv.1-8).

Paul spent 15 days with Peter he said in Gal. 1 and also spent time with James. And in Gal. 2 he spent time with John as well.

Remember, almost all peer reviewed and accredited work by scholars date the books of the NT except Revelation before the Neronian persecutions. This is common knowledge.

I am surprised someone as daft as you don't know this, but are just making stuff up in your mindless brain.

The other data point that I like is you can quote all the verses of the NT from the early church fathers in the late first and 2nd centuries except for 11 verses. So you got to ask yourself where do you place the writings of the gospels? You can't place them any later than 1st century and it would be weird to place them after the Neronian persecutions because the Apostles would have imparted these truths before they died to the 2nd generation Apostles and first churches.

I really think you are more stupid than stupid than you really letting on.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-08-2014, 06:50 PM
Nice story bro, needs more zombies.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-08-2014, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2014 07:10 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(15-08-2014 06:45 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(15-08-2014 05:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No. No scholar says that.
Paul NEVER quotes a gospel, so we know they did not exist for him to use.

Of course scholars date the gospels before the Neronian persecutions as it wouldn't make much sense to have gospels written by martyred Apostles. None of the 2nd generation Apostles said they wrote the gospels either, but Polycarp and Clement of Rome said they knew John and Peter personally. They got the message from the first Apostles that were eyewitnesses.

Considering Paul didn't spend that much time with authors of the 4 gospels, it would not be reasonable to assume he had those texts with him. But 1 Cor. 15, "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures. And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time." (vv.1-8).

Paul spent 15 days with Peter he said in Gal. 1 and also spent time with James. And in Gal. 2 he spent time with John as well.

Remember, almost all peer reviewed and accredited work by scholars date the books of the NT except Revelation before the Neronian persecutions. This is common knowledge.

I am surprised someone as daft as you don't know this, but are just making stuff up in your mindless brain.

The other data point that I like is you can quote all the verses of the NT from the early church fathers in the late first and 2nd centuries except for 11 verses. So you got to ask yourself where do you place the writings of the gospels? You can't place them any later than 1st century and it would be weird to place them after the Neronian persecutions because the Apostles would have imparted these truths before they died to the 2nd generation Apostles and first churches.

I really think you are more stupid than stupid than you really letting on.

Not one scholarly reference as usual. The original gospels had no names of apostles attached, which you would know if you had ever taken a class.

Galatians 1:12
"I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ."

So Paul directly contradicts EXACTLY what you just claimed about him, and what he thought and did. How is it you didn't know this ? Have you never read the NT ?

Just more proof you never really studied the NT, or ever took a real class in it. Yet despite the fact you got this important point WRONG, you actually think anyone is going to listen to anything you say about anything, especially hell ?

Sucks to be you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-08-2014, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2014 07:15 PM by hbl.)
(15-08-2014 06:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The original gospels had no names of apostles attached
"I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ."
So Paul directly contradicts EXACTLY what you just claimed about him, and what he thought and did.

A gospel should not start off with, "I am John these are my words..." It is not be centered on John, but on the various accounts to be shared with to all. So it is not made about John or Matthew or Mark. Even so Luke wrote in Acts that Acts was part two of his former work of Luke. John mentions himself at the cross. We know this to be John as the disciple whom Jesus loved most. Mark places himself as naked running in the streets when Jesus was captured. And Matthew writes like a tax collector emphasizing Jesus as king. Luke was very thorough like a doctor that he is. Mark was very basic in his writing though emphasizing Jesus as suffering servant. We know, therefore, their authorship are these 4 eyewitness Apostles that record it. We know the gospels could not have been written after the 2nd generation Apostles because they quote gospels entirely. It wouldn't make much sense to place the gospels after the Apostles were martyred for who is in a better position to know these things than the Apostles.

"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received" (1 Cor. 15.3) Paul was persecuting Christians for believing in Jesus. Then he was converted when he saw Jesus resurrected. He spent 15 days with Peter. It is safe to say they talked about more than just the weather. And likewise James and John had interactions with Paul too. It wouldn't make sense for all that Paul knows about Jesus is by his encounter with Jesus resurrected. Remember Jesus said to Paul why do you persecute me? Paul is fully aware of his hostility to Christians before he gave his life to Christ.

Your problem is you read the Bible in a twisted fashion by the evil spirit in your innerman that reflects your hostility to your Creator. That's why you are going to Hell (Rev. 22.18,19). That's why your view of things is quite horrid.

I have the same revelation as Paul knowing Jesus is God. That doesn't mean I don't see other things as evidence other than the intuitive gifting to my spirit of knowing the truth of Jesus resurrected and died on the cross for the sins of the world and of Hell for unregenerates, etc.
15-08-2014, 07:17 PM
(15-08-2014 07:11 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(15-08-2014 06:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The original gospels had no names of apostles attached
So Paul directly contradicts EXACTLY what you just claimed about him, and what he thought and did.

A gospel should not start off with, "I am John these are my words..." It is not be centered on John, but on the various accounts to be shared with to all. So it is not made about John or Matthew or Mark. Even so Luke wrote in Acts that Acts was part two of his former work of Luke. John mentions himself at the cross. We know this to be John as the disciple whom Jesus loved most. Mark places himself as naked running in the streets when Jesus was captured. And Matthew writes like a tax collector emphasizing Jesus as king. Luke was very thorough like a doctor that he is. Mark was very basic in his writing though emphasizing Jesus as suffering servant. We know, therefore, their authorship are these 4 eyewitness Apostles that record it. We know the gospels could not have been written after the 2nd generation Apostles because they quote gospels entirely. It wouldn't make much sense to place the gospels after the Apostles were martyred for who is in a better position to know these things than the Apostles.

"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received" (1 Cor. 15.3) Paul was persecuting Christians for believing in Jesus. Then he was converted when he saw Jesus resurrected. He spent 15 days with Peter. It is safe to say they talked about more than just the weather. And likewise James and John had interactions with Paul too. It wouldn't make sense for all that Paul knows about Jesus is by his encounter with Jesus resurrected. Remember Jesus said to Paul why do you persecute me?

Your problem is you read the Bible in a twisted fashion by the evil spirit in your innerman that reflects your hostility to your Creator. That's why you are going to Hell (Rev. 22.18,19).

No references still. That fact that someone is mentioned does not mean they wrote anything. Anyone can claim anything. "We" know nothing about anything you CLAIM. You have inferred your crap assumptions, and have no proofs, or referneces as usual. I just proved YOU claimed things about Paul which HE said were not true. You think you are the expert. You didn't even know what Paul said in Galatians. Judgmental troll. Sucks to be you. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-08-2014, 07:21 PM
(13-08-2014 11:10 PM)hbl Wrote:  Fair question: are atheists zombies?

Run for your lives!

How didya guess? I am indeed a zombie, but no worries, your safe! Laughat
Consider

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
15-08-2014, 07:24 PM
(15-08-2014 07:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That fact that someone is mentioned does not mean they wrote anything. Anyone can claim anything. "We" know nothing about anything you CLAIM. You have inferred your crap assumptions, and have no proofs, or referneces as usual. I just proved YOU claimed things about Paul which HE said were not true.

Who is in a better position to know that the tradition given to their authors?

People can claim anything, but people don't willingly die for what they know is a lie.

Your assumptions have no evidence.

Paul was persecuting Christians for their beliefs so Paul did know. When he saw Jesus he was converted. He said he spent 15 days with Peter the very Peter who denied Jesus 3 times, with John whom was the disciple Jesus loved most, and James, Jesus' brother converted when he saw Jesus.

Most scholars admit this is Paul's genuinely recorded experience by Paul.
15-08-2014, 07:28 PM
(15-08-2014 07:24 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(15-08-2014 07:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That fact that someone is mentioned does not mean they wrote anything. Anyone can claim anything. "We" know nothing about anything you CLAIM. You have inferred your crap assumptions, and have no proofs, or referneces as usual. I just proved YOU claimed things about Paul which HE said were not true.

Who is in a better position to know that the tradition given to their authors?

People can claim anything, but people don't willingly die for what they know is a lie.

Your assumptions have no evidence.

Paul was persecuting Christians for their beliefs so Paul did know. When he saw Jesus he was converted. He said he spent 15 days with Peter the very Peter who denied Jesus 3 times, with John whom was the disciple Jesus loved most, and James, Jesus' brother converted when he saw Jesus.

Most scholars admit this is Paul's genuinely recorded experience by Paul.

People die for all kinds of reasons. Are you saying the 9/11 bombers make Islam true ?
Paul was an inventor of the new cult. He was it's salesman. He had good reason to lie. He was collecting MONEY to buy his way back into favor in Jerusalem. That alone is a reason to lie. More "most scholars" shit. Prove it.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Re: RE: Are Atheists Zombies?
(15-08-2014 03:32 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(15-08-2014 02:10 PM)Impulse Wrote:  An omnipotent god is confined to this being "the only way".

It would take great arrogance on your part to say that which is infinitely greater than you is confined.

God chooses the best way and so it is His only way. Why would you want Him to pick a lesser way? Why bring God down to your base standards?

Jesus is the way, the truth and life and no man comes to the Father but by Him.

Jesus is either God, a lunatic or a liar. Since He wasn't a lunatic and never lied, He is God.

Those aren't the only valid options of Jesus but you're getting warmer.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson