Are Atheists Zombies?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
15-08-2014, 08:10 PM
RE: Are Atheists Zombies?
(15-08-2014 08:09 PM)hbl Wrote:  He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3.18.

And a partridge in a pear tree....

Sing it with me.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
15-08-2014, 08:19 PM
I’m glad you have come to read this answer. God wants you to become a Christian. He wants you to be saved from the consequences of your sins, no matter who you are, or what you have done.

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).

If you want to know God personally, if you want God’s forgiveness of your sins, if you want God to give you His gift of eternal life, He’s willing to save you no matter how many sins you have committed, no matter what you have done, no matter how long you have done it.

God’s way of salvation is called the Gospel – or the good news. There are some things in the Gospel you must know about and believe.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-08-2014, 08:24 PM
We must understand and be willing to admit that sin has separated us from God and keeps us from knowing and experiencing Him.

Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
Romans 3:10: “As it is written, there is no one righteous, not even one.”
Isaiah 53:6: “We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way.”
Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death” [spiritual separation from God now and eternally].

The Bible says no matter who we are, none of us have measured up to God’s standard, none of us will make it–that is, be accepted by God and allowed into Heaven on the basis of our good lives.

Here is how far we have failed to measure up to what God requires. Picture three people coming to the Grand Canyon being chased by an enraged mountain lion. One person says, “We’ll have to jump. We have no choice.” The problem is, the other side is a mile away. The first person runs as fast as he can and jumps 10 feet and falls all the way to the bottom and dies. The second person tries even harder and jumps 15 feet, but still is a long way from reaching the other side of the canyon. He, too, falls and dies. The third person is an Olympic broad jumper. He runs and jumps farther than all the rest, but still doesn’t come close to reaching the other side. Of the three people, even though two were better than the first, none came close to actually making it. The Bible says all of us “have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.”
15-08-2014, 08:30 PM
How to become a Christian
15-08-2014, 08:44 PM
What is sadly interesting about your threads, hbl, is that as a former Christian (and I was indoctrinated from childhood) ...I never name called people who didn't buy into the whole idea of Christianity. You ridicule atheists, and yet expect people to see Christianity as loving and accepting?

That's not witnessing, that's just peddling your religion. And not very well, I might add. lol

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
15-08-2014, 09:06 PM
(15-08-2014 08:30 PM)hbl Wrote:  How to become a Christian

You broke out the large, blue font for us?Praise the lord Hallelujah I feel alive like I've been returned from the dead like that one bearded zombie dude that said, "hey let's be nice to people for a change" and got nailed to a tree for it. (yeah that was Hitchhiker's Guide reference right there)

But seriously, breaking out the large, blue font. Couldn't think of any new way to yell conversion at the forum. It doesn't make you any more convincing, child. Sure as hell doesn't make me want to up and claim a god. If anything else, it makes you look like you're pulling at straws. Methinks you might wanna quit while you're ahead. Oh, and I second Deidre's comment.

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Miss Suzanne's post
15-08-2014, 09:08 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2014 09:17 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(15-08-2014 07:41 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(15-08-2014 07:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  They are the same. They BOTH thought they were right, and what they believed is NOT THE POINT. Fatima. Group delusion.

The why makes all the difference because we are talking about eye site. This must be accounted for. Yet group hallucinations are impossible and people don't willingly die for what they know is a lie.

Fatima is far off in the distance which can be construed as an illusion not a hallucination.

It's "eye sight", not "eye site". I see your education level is sorely lacking. I see why you are so deluded, and obsessed with this crap. No education. I see why you begin to parrot concepts others use, that you have never used before.

Your hallucination crap is a distinction without a difference. Thousands of people said they saw the sun dance. THAT is not "an illusion". It was a group hallucination. Your Jesus on the other hand, was just a series of outright lies.

No one cares what the Babble says. You have yet to demonstrate there is a god, or that Jebus really existed. Get busy please.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
15-08-2014, 09:15 PM
(15-08-2014 08:05 PM)hbl Wrote:  
All Atheists Go to Hell, Do not Pass Go

By learning to read God’s word through reading and praying, we gradually touch the spirit of the word. We become aware of the great distance which exists between our personal condition and the spirit of God’s word. Take, for instance, the passage in Philippians 3. 18-19, which reads: “For many walk, of whom I told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: whose end is perdition, whose god is the belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.” We may quite easily and correctly say that these are the enemies of God, whose end is perdition, but we have hardly touched the spirit of the writer of this Scripture passage. If we were to read through quickly, we would fail to touch the spirit of the writer. But if we were to pray and to read at the same time—if we were to put ourselves in the place and the heart of the writer—we would readily see how full of love is his heart.

"Do not fear them who can kill the body only rather fear Him who can destroy both the soul and body in hell" (Matt. 10.28). "Destroy" doesn't here mean annihilation, but in the lexicon: "render useless...to perish, to be lost, ruined...to lose...metaph. to devote or give over to eternal misery in hell...to put out of the way entirely, abolish." The unsaved can no longer do damage to the elect because they will be eternally separated from us like a prisoner locked in jail for life. "The hour is coming...unto the resurrection of life" and separated by a thousand years, some "unto the resurrection of damnation" (John 5.28-29). "He that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him" (John 3.36). "And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal" (Matt. 25.46). "In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the exclusion of the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power" (2 Thess. 1.8-9).

Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, says the Lord GOD, and not rather that he should turn from his way and live?" (Ez. 18.23). "For I have no pleasure in the death of any one, says the Lord GOD; so turn, and live" (Ez. 18.31). "Say to them, As I live, says the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live; turn back, turn back from your evil ways; for why will you die, O house of Israel?" (Ez. 33.11). God literally pleads with people. "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" (2 Pet. 3.9). "Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth" (1 Tim. 2.4). God being all loving implies that in any world He creates, He desires and strives for the salvation of every person in that world. But people who would freely reject His every effort to save them should not be allowed to dictate to God what worlds He would be free to create. Why should the joy and the blessedness of those who would freely accept God's salvation be precluded because of those who would stubbornly and freely reject it?

Stop spamming, troll. We know you can do Babble quotes. That's all you can do. No one cares about your Babble quotes.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
15-08-2014, 09:22 PM
(15-08-2014 09:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Your hallucination is a distinction without a difference. Thousands of people said they saw the sun dance.

When you claim you believe something but it is not true your belief is delusional. This is what the 9/11 suicide bombers have.

Seeing something far off in the distance is an illusion such as the sun dancing. It does not qualify as a hallucination because it has an objective reference which is the sun.

Therefore, the burden remains on you to find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings.
15-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Re: RE: Are Atheists Zombies?
(15-08-2014 09:22 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(15-08-2014 09:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Your hallucination is a distinction without a difference. Thousands of people said they saw the sun dance.

When you claim you believe something but it is not true your belief is delusional. This is what the 9/11 suicide bombers have.

Seeing something far off in the distance is an illusion such as the sun dancing. It does not qualify as a hallucination because it has an objective reference which is the sun.

Therefore, the burden remains on you to find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings.

What is different between it being illusions for the eye witnessed?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson