Are Christian Schools Always Bad?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2014, 02:14 PM
RE: Are Christian Schools Always Bad?
(10-10-2014 02:09 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  As long as indoctrination does not happen and sunday school is not pushed onto them by the teacher or peer pressure and is optional. It would be better then a ghetto school if the school is following the federal and state requirements.

If you send your kids to a religious school you need to accept a certain amount of religious education and events. My kids are required to take one religion class and go to mass with the school. No one is forcing them to believe or be involved outside of the one class and school mass, they just have to go through the motions at school.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2014, 02:35 PM
I don't think religious schools are that bad. I want to a Christian school and my siblings go to catholic school. They teach real science and have smaller class sizes than the public schools and the teachers actually seems to give a damn about the kids (no pun intended, it just happened). The public schools are MUCH worse most places than the catholic schools I've seen and gone to. But it really is a crap shoot. Some religious schools are good, some are bad.
10-10-2014, 04:36 PM
At age 5 there are no ghetto children from the bad side of town. Or did you mean to say country hicks from the stupid side of town or the trailer trash kids from the broken homes or maybe the brown skinned Mexicans from Juarez ?

Ok, if they actually are from Juarez, that is the bad side of town, but I'm sure you meant that your 5 yr old nephew would be going to school with other black children. Oh my, we can't have that. What will the neighbors think.

Unless this public school is in Detroit, you probably don't have a whole lot to worry about.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
10-10-2014, 04:55 PM
I went to a Catholic school from K-12. Kids that didn't who took education seriously wanted to go to my school. It was a good education and it has been said that the grades where much higher than in other schools. Science education was pretty good but I think I remember hearing the phrase "only a theory" once or twice. The real downside to my school was that it was an all boys school. I'm sure the Brothers had a field day. Lucky for me I had a bad attitude and didn't have a problem with telling teachers where to go if needed. Maybe the Brothers didn't see me as a target. I dunno.
There was a manditory religion class but it was usually about morality than about the bible. I suspect when you actually educate kids its best to stay away from the bible. We might have used our reason and concluded that it was bullshit.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
10-10-2014, 05:03 PM
I went to Catholic schools from sixth grade through HS graduation. While the education we received in some areas was pretty good there was the 'religion' requirement where we had to take religion courses every semester. One was 'Towards Marriage' - what a freaking joke that was.

Science and math instruction was somewhat lacking because teaching slots were often filled by whatever nun, brother, or priest was available to teach at during that time slot and not necessarily who was the best qualified.

I do have to say that I don't recall religion being brought up during the science classes I took. But then, I don't really remember much Algebra teaching coming from Sister Frances either. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-10-2014, 05:07 PM
(10-10-2014 01:37 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  The public schools have all been taken over by liberals. Glad to see your nephew got out out of there. Christian schools are always better then public ones.

No. Public schools have been taken over by politicians, conservative and liberal. Public schools are like a tennis ball that politicians keep slamming back and forth over the net every few years to get themselves elected and try to cure every social ill this country has. Public schools have also been inundated with conservative religious nuts who deny the facts of evolution and don't want it taught which is keeping the US from advancing in science.

My husband is a public school teacher....don't get me going. Angry

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
10-10-2014, 05:13 PM
(10-10-2014 05:07 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  ....don't get me going. Angry

TOO LATE!
10-10-2014, 05:43 PM
It is almost starting to feel like I am the only person here who was not brought up by a religious family and went to a religion school. lol.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
10-10-2014, 05:48 PM
(10-10-2014 05:43 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  It is almost starting to feel like I am the only person here who was not brought up by a religious family and went to a religion school. lol.

I wasn't either. My dad was a public school teacher and an atheist to boot.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-10-2014, 06:11 PM
(10-10-2014 02:14 PM)wazzel Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 02:09 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  As long as indoctrination does not happen and sunday school is not pushed onto them by the teacher or peer pressure and is optional. It would be better then a ghetto school if the school is following the federal and state requirements.

If you send your kids to a religious school you need to accept a certain amount of religious education and events. My kids are required to take one religion class and go to mass with the school. No one is forcing them to believe or be involved outside of the one class and school mass, they just have to go through the motions at school.

...I dont have kids. Sad

No woman has ever even let me take them out on a date before.

Weeping

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ