Are Christian Schools Always Bad?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2014, 09:39 PM
RE: Are Christian Schools Always Bad?
(11-10-2014 05:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 09:01 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  

I really liked this 'promo' on PBS about that show.

A must watch for those trying to understand Luminon (and a plethora of others around here).

Thank you, both.

Yes

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2014, 10:14 PM
Not at all, it's frequent plenty of them are better than public school, especially if it's an area with very poor public schools you would be making a case by case comparison of. And not all of them are scientifically illiterate since plenty of Catholic teaching, not always, these days is willing to be up to date with sciences. God will be an underling message and religious classes are taken.

But oddly, any friend I ever had who went to a catholic school in childhood was severely anti-religious. Perhaps that was them acting out as people claim, and after their teen years the indoctrination rekicked in, but I wouldn't know.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-10-2014, 09:58 AM
I went to Catholic Schools in New York City from Kindergarten to 12th grade, 13 years. I'm from a fairly rough area and really this was the only choice for my family. The public schools had levels of violence that were unacceptable.

Firstly, I was a firm non-believer, or agnostic, by age 13 and so were my circle of friends all in the Catholic school. We had enough intelligence and common sense to guide us. I can't speak for most that went through the Catholic school system.

Secondly, the funny thing is we actually had a number of Hindu and Muslim students. As I said, the public schools back then were like war zones, really bad. The public schools are much better now by leaps and bounds. I went in 1990.

At the end of the day it's really what the parents teach the kid about beliefs that can guide him or her.