Are Christians Selfish?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2011, 10:17 AM
RE: Are Christians Selfish?
Hey, TheKetola.

Quote:As a Libertarian, I thoroughly go against all the things that work to undermine the foundation of our nation, the Constitution, and the art of progression. Christianity has proved that it is my enemy in those regards, so I shall be its' enemy in regards to the propoganda lies they spew.

That's just good old fashioned fearmongering.

You are incorrect, that is an observation I see over and over again, in history books and in the public media, and even in my own neighborhood! There is no fear-mongering occuring, this is a very real event that has and continues to occur, to say otherwise is to be completely oblivious, or you subsitute reality with your own (another common event I observe, but this happens in general, not more frequently among specific groups as far as I have seen).

No, I'm not incorrect. You have set Christians up as an enemy, exaggerated the threat they represent and suggested they need to be stopped for those esaggerated reasons lest we all lose those things you suggest are under threat. That's what fearmongering is.

As for, "that is an observation I see over and over again, in history books and in the public media, and even in my own neighborhood!" Really? A lot of Russian Orthodox attacking the constitution in your neighbourhood? Unitarians? The United Church of Canada? You said Christians. Not some Christians. Not some Christians you know. Not A, B and C sects of Christianity. Not A, B and C congregation. But Christians. That is exaggerating the threat represented by Christianity.

I'm not saying that all Christians are angels, but the idea that the entirety of Christianity is a propaganda-spewing anti-American, anti-constitution and anti-progress organisation is pretty indefensible.

So, I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with your comment that I'm oblivious or substituting reality.

But I'll give you a chance at redemption. If you can show me exactly how Christianity has, "has proved that it is my enemy in those regards," those regards being, "undermine the foundation of our nation, the Constitution, and the art of progression," then I will concede the point.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2011, 05:29 PM
RE: Are Christians Selfish?
Christians are no more or less selfish than any other group
Christianity is all made up stuff from the 4th century
It all makes perfect sense when you place the perspective of man-made social control over the population.
No hell, no heaven, to god, no savoir, no original sin, no resurection, etc.
Just man controlling man in the most brutish methods imaginable.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply