Are Epidurals an affront to Gods plan ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2014, 10:52 PM
RE: Are Epidurals an affront to Gods plan ?
Praying is an affront to God's plan.

"Dear sky daddy, please help me with X... Please heal Y... Please impeach Obama, etc."

You're the one's (I'm addressing xtians here) that believe that there's this big plan, and you want him to alter it to appease your personal wishes? Conceited much? Facepalm

The Holy Bubble is like a buffet: you take only what you like, and ignore the rest.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
06-04-2014, 10:58 PM
GirlyMan would not be alive today if ManlyGirl didn't get epidurals.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-04-2014, 12:19 AM
(06-04-2014 10:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  GirlyMan would not be alive today if ManlyGirl didn't get epidurals.

Were you coming out bum first?Shy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2014, 01:48 AM
My labor was bad. I had been told that epidurals were questionable, along with other pain relief options, like getting them lessened me as a woman. Oh yeah... I have had 2. Guess you guys didn't know that.

Well, between the abruption (really nice paired up with anemia... yeah, that's a thrill), the abnormal labor, the harder contractions lasting over 24 hrs, my body giving up, subsequent pitocin, more abnormal labor, sudden delivery just before c-section, then the placenta binding to me requiring manual removal.... I'm thankful for the epidural.

And for antibiotics, since I was back in the hospital with endometritis. :/

I guess God's punishment was supposed to have been harsher on me. Probably for being a rebellious wife.
[+] 2 users Like Charis's post
07-04-2014, 03:25 AM
I can't think of anything more primal than giving birth. I was ready to chew the umbilical cord and eat the afterbirth after an 18 hour breach delivery without pain meds in 1973. I had no human reactions or sounds left in me after 14 hours.

Can you imaging a god projecting that onto a person.

I am ecstatic that women can get the epidural.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
07-04-2014, 06:20 AM
(06-04-2014 08:41 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yeah well there is lots of stuff in that book no one listens to. I just wish they felt that way about the rest of it.

+1 million.

People happily jettison the parts they don't like and have convenient explanations for why those parts no longer apply. Given the myriad of different denominations and other sub beliefs out there, almost every part has been excused away at some point.

This leads me to believe that when a believer hand waves away a part they don't like and cling to another disturbing part, they must like that part. So, when someone eats shellfish yet complains about gay people, it's not because of the Bible; it's because they like hating gay people.

Sorry, I'm getting off topic. Yes, Sporehux, it's an affront to God's will. So is praying to God so that he'll get rid of cancer or stop a flood, as is getting medical procedures to stop the cancer or putting down sandbags to stop the flood.