Are Internet Forums for Old People?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2013, 05:21 PM
RE: Are Internet Forums for Old People?
(14-08-2013 03:06 PM)Logisch Wrote:  well, that's only the people that vote Tongue there are many lurkers.

But i suppose that certainly makes for some interesting results for those who did vote.

Without any other data? Well... Do you think either older or younger visitors specifically are more likely to vote? I wouldn't think so, so it seems reasonable to assume that's representative.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Us 20 somethings are still old enough to know the value of conversation and debate....I swear the average age of a YouTube commenter must be about 8...that or the average IQ must be about 50.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-08-2013, 07:09 PM
(14-08-2013 11:02 AM)mylittlepretender Wrote:  Alexa has recently put age data behind subscription fees, but I remember seeing how sites that use a tradional message board format usually have an older userbase. The young people are spending their time on youtube, twitter or tumblr rather than boring old forums.

Does anyone else think this is the case?

You mean statistically? If so, I don't know. Are you asking an academic question? Or are you asking if you are welcome here? As a young person?

If it's the latter. You are both welcome and you may be valuable! Depends on your attitude.

If you choose to explore this venue, because you are interested and want to learn: You will find it very challenging an helpful as well. If you want to make fun of us "old folks", we (old folks) will need tooth picks. Because we will, easily, chew you up and spit you out!

Is it a "Boring old forum!?" Oh no dude! This is life and death! It's god, sex, death, whatever you want it to be! We got your atheist's! And your queers! Got Niggers, Crackers, idiots and Jews, here! Got lovers and haters!

And to my friends who are "Queers, Crackers, Niggers, Idiots or Jews" Hell, even you awful atheist's. I hope that you realize that sometimes I use a turn of phrase for dramatic effect. My love to all "Queers, Crackers, Niggers and Jews"! It's the Idiots that worry me!
14-08-2013, 07:12 PM
No, no they are not *giggles*
14-08-2013, 07:44 PM
(14-08-2013 07:09 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  We got your atheist's! And your queers! Got Niggers, Crackers, idiots and Jews, here! Got lovers and haters!

Awwww yeah.

... this is my signature!
14-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Re: Are Internet Forums for Old People?
I would agree if this was said by a midway through highschool student. I think the cutoff is that range of younger folks now are not commonly going to be forum users.

Btw, on Facebook I had a 14yr old who is my friends little brother ask what disc golf was. Some things just seen to come and go in few generations.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-08-2013, 08:42 PM
The average age of members of a forum depends on the topic of the forum. Forums about games,atheism,songs,technology,ect. will have a lower average age of members than lets say a forum about fishing,crafts,physics

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
14-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Q. Are internet forums for old people?

A. Chas.

SmileHeart
14-08-2013, 10:06 PM
(14-08-2013 09:14 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Q. Are internet forums for old people?

A. Chas.

SmileHeart

You just got written out of my will, dearie. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
14-08-2013, 10:25 PM
(14-08-2013 10:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 09:14 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Q. Are internet forums for old people?

A. Chas.

SmileHeart

You just got written out of my will, dearie. Drinking Beverage

Sad Heart