Are Race Realist onto something?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2016, 07:47 PM
RE: Are Race Realist onto something?
(01-10-2016 07:33 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Why is this in the "Science" section?

Maybe because there is no race realist section?

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like tomilay's post
01-10-2016, 07:53 PM
(01-10-2016 06:00 PM)1994californication Wrote:  First of all I'm black and don't hold any hateful or prejudiced views towards other black people but one can't help but notice how poverty and crime stricken most black dominated neighborhoods are when compared to white ones.And the fact the most African countries(South Africa doesn't count) are also poverty stricken and war torn.I can't help but wonder if these Race Realist we scoffed at and dismissed as racist could be right about black people being more predisposed to aggression and lower IQ's then other races.You can only ignore the elephant in the room for so long before you start looking foolish.

The short answer to your question is no.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
01-10-2016, 07:56 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2016 08:45 PM by DLJ.)
The ability to pre-judge is a necessary survival trait. No point denying that we all have that capability.

The ability to objectify using our pattern recognition software assists with risk analysis (cognitive dissonance ... fight / flight / freeze) and sexual selection (cognitive ease ... lust, beauty etc.).

But also, the ability to discern the individual from the stereotype, to subjectify using our Theory of Mind software assists with kin selection and reciprocity.

Reductio:
First of all I'm white and don't hold any hateful or prejudiced views towards other white people but one can't help but notice how poverty and crime stricken most Southern Italian dominated neighborhoods are when compared to Northern ones. And the fact the most Italian provinces (Lombardy doesn't count) are also poverty stricken and crime-ridden.

I can't help but wonder if these Race Realist we scoffed at and dismissed as racist could be right about Sicilians people being more predisposed to aggression and lower IQ's then other races. You can only ignore the elephant in the room for so long before you start looking foolish.

Exhibit A:

Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
01-10-2016, 08:04 PM
No. They're not onto something. At all.
[+] 4 users Like ViolexTV's post
01-10-2016, 08:07 PM
(01-10-2016 07:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What's that smell?

What the rock is cooking ?

(i'm long past taking this thread seriously)

[Image: giphy.gif]
28-12-2016, 04:24 PM
(01-10-2016 07:01 PM)1994californication Wrote:  
(01-10-2016 06:19 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  You started with "I don't hold any prejudiced views towards black people" and ended with "You can only ignore the elephant in the room for so long before you start looking foolish.".

You also left out the part where I said I'm black,but even I'm not stupid enough like most liberals are about the plight and self destruction of the black community in america

Black people can be ignorant too.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
28-12-2016, 04:28 PM
If OP is black then so am I.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
28-12-2016, 04:48 PM
Poverty and violence often go hand in hand. That crime statistics show that black people commit an amount of crime that is disproportionately high, relative to their population, is because the black population is disproportionately poor, relative to their population.
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
22-01-2017, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2017 07:51 PM by Callinectes.)
So, it turns out that in the decades post-emancipation all the way up to the CRM, banks and property developers would only offer certain property to black citizens, designed to sequester them away from the white population in ghettos. And because they didn't want to put much real estate up for this purpose, they chopped up properties with walls to make smaller, more numerous homes. They also massively overcharged with terrible interest rates. Black buyers had no choice but to accept these prices since other properties would not be sold to them, so multiple or extended families would often buy one property together in order to afford a home at all.

So then we have lots of people crammed into far fewer buildings than they need. This is bad for physical and psychological health. It is also bad for schools, as there would still only be as many schools in these regions as you would except, but with two, three, four times as many students needing to attend. Crammed classrooms is bad for funding and maintenance, but worse than that, students could only attend half-days. One half of the student body fills up the school in the morning, the other half comes in for the afternoon. This is for practical reasons of space. So their education suffers massively. It also means that a lot of children have no choice but to spend hours of the day on the street. Their parents? Working multiple jobs to afford the mortgage, leaving them unable to supervise children who can't be in school grounds. Unsupervised gangs of children on the street are very susceptible to crime, both causing and being victims of, and, in conjunction with the poor education foisted upon them, are less likely to find work, more likely to acquire criminal records, and wind up in the cycle of regular imprisonment. When they have kids, being in prison exacerbates all these problems on the next generation, with fewer positive influences on their lives, and fewer breadwinners and supervising adults in their lives.

Working multiple jobs to pay sky-high mortgage rates also leaves their parents with less time and money to spend on basic maintenance of their homes. All these people end up through no fault of their own living in squalid, poverty-ridden conditions. The white public only sees that as soon as blacks move into a neighbourhood it becomes run down and crime-ridden, satisfying the prejudices they already hold and leading to further support of these policies, as they don't want any blacks moving into their own streets and bringing with them crime, property damage and plummeting property values. This is where the phrase "there goes the neighbourhood" comes from.

All of this is intended and planned by racist white authorities. Deliberately engineered poverty. These consequences were, to them, entirely desirable, and because poverty is self-perpetuating the effects continue to echo down to the present day.

If there is no bigger meaning, then the smallest act of kindness is the greatest thing in the world.

Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being, it is up to all of us to become his moral superior.

| (• ◡•)|  (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
[+] 4 users Like Callinectes's post
22-01-2017, 05:47 PM
(22-01-2017 03:31 PM)Callinectes Wrote:  So, it turns out that in the decades post-emancipation all the way up to the CRM, banks and property developers would only offer certain property to black citizens, designed to sequester them away from the white population in ghettos. And because they didn't want to put much real estate up for this purpose, they chopped up properties with walls to make smaller, more numerous homes. They also massively overcharged with terrible interest rates. Black buyers had no choice but to accept these prices since other properties would not be sold to them, so multiple or extended families would often buy one property together in order to afford a home at all.

So then we have lots of people crammed into far fewer buildings than they need. This is bad for physical and psychological health. It is also bad for schools, as there would still only be as many schools in these regions as you would except, but with two, three, four times as many students needing to attend. Crammed classrooms is bad for funding and maintenance, but worse than that, students could only attend half-days. One half of the student body fills up the school in the morning, the other half comes in for the afternoon. This is for practical reasons of space. So their education suffers massively. It also means that a lot of children have no choice but to spend hours of the day on the street. Their parents? Working multiple jobs to afford the mortgage, leaving them unable to supervise children who can't be in school grounds. Unsupervised gangs on children on the street are very susceptible to crime, both causing and being victims of, and, in conjunction with the poor education foisted upon them, are less likely to find work, more likely to acquire criminal records, and wind up in the cycle of regular imprisonment. When they have kids, being in prison exacerbates all these problems, with fewer positive influences on their lives, and fewer breadwinners and supervising adults in their lives.

Working multiple jobs to pay sky-high mortgage rates also leaves their parents with less time and money to spend on basic maintenance of their homes. All these people end up through no fault of their own living in squalid, poverty-ridden conditions. The white public only sees that as soon as blacks move into a neighbourhood it becomes run down and crime-ridden, satisfying the prejudices they already hold and leading to further support of these policies, as they don't want any blacks moving into their own streets and bringing with them crime, property damage and plummeting property values. This is where the phrase "there goes the neighbourhood" comes from.

All of this is intended and planned by racist white authorities. Deliberately engineered poverty. These consequences were, to them, entirely desirable, and because poverty is self-perpetuating the effects continue to echo down to the present day.

I was scrolling down rapidly in order to write almost exactly what you did, above. Even the parts about the prison pipeline/cycle. Well done!

It's amazing to me that this history is so readily available, and yet so few seem to know it. They did, quite literally, deliberately set up that system-- even in the case of veterans returning from the two World Wars, where intense and often violent discrimination marked their return, and money for housing and education was disparately apportioned to soldiers based on skin color after WW2.

I had an argument with someone (now banned) here recently, explaining that no, it was not the nations of Africa's fault that there was so much tribalism, warfare, and poverty there, because they were doing as well as anyone (including several empires) until European colonialism devastated and plundered their countries... and continue to do so through corporate proxies which enforce poverty and prop up dictators allied with their corporate interests, today.

Since I know Mr. Banned is probably still reading these pages but unable to comment, I feel the need to point out (a pet peeve of his) that it is 2017 and not 1946. Or 1817. C'mon, it's Current Year, man!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post