Are Race Realist onto something?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2017, 06:05 PM
RE: Are Race Realist onto something?
Post hoc ergo proper hoc is sloppy thinking.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2017, 01:13 AM
(22-01-2017 05:47 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(22-01-2017 03:31 PM)Callinectes Wrote:  All of this is intended and planned by racist white authorities. Deliberately engineered poverty. These consequences were, to them, entirely desirable, and because poverty is self-perpetuating the effects continue to echo down to the present day.

It's amazing to me that this history is so readily available, and yet so few seem to know it. They did, quite literally, deliberately set up that system-- even in the case of veterans returning from the two World Wars, where intense and often violent discrimination marked their return, and money for housing and education was disparately apportioned to soldiers based on skin color after WW2.

It's... you know, the exact same planned poverty happened in South Africa. I am ashamed to say that I've only recently been finding out the extent of it. In White Society in South Africa the myth goes something like this "Under Apartheid we treated the black people really badly. But that was really the politicians' faults, they came up with the system, most ordinary whites didn't like it but went along with it out of respect for the law. But then Nelson Mandela (cue trumpets) came along and saved everyone in South Africa and joy came to the world. Now we're all friends. Apartheid is a thing of the past. It was a bad thing but not that bad."

I happened to casually pick up a book about causes of poverty in South Africa a few months ago, read it and... yeah. It's a real fuck up. The South African economy depended on cheap labour to power mines and agriculture, and the cheap labour was provided by deliberately impoverishing the entire black population. When you're dirt poor, you'll work for practically nothing. This translated into massive profits for industry. The system only broke down after massive popular resistance, because the aces were held by the people in power. The army, the cops, the entire government was hell bent on maintaining the wonderful profits sustained by black poverty.

It may be because I was Zimbabwean, but this was not taught to me in any history class ever. White South Africans in general seem desperate to preserve their self identity as the good guys, so they don't talk about it (or even seem aware of it) themselves. I think something similar happens in America?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
23-01-2017, 01:30 AM
(23-01-2017 01:13 AM)morondog Wrote:  White South Africans in general seem desperate to preserve their self identity as the good guys, so they don't talk about it (or even seem aware of it) themselves. I think something similar happens in America?

It is very much the same in the United States, the whitewashing of White Supremacy's legacy.

Among the books I can most highly recommend on this planet is Lies My Teacher Told Me, a review of US high school history books by a college professor in the deepest darkest of our Deep South (Mississippi).

Here it is as a text file, if you'd prefer to just read it online for free.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
23-01-2017, 01:32 AM
(23-01-2017 01:30 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(23-01-2017 01:13 AM)morondog Wrote:  White South Africans in general seem desperate to preserve their self identity as the good guys, so they don't talk about it (or even seem aware of it) themselves. I think something similar happens in America?

It is very much the same in the United States, the whitewashing of White Supremacy's legacy.

Among the books I can most highly recommend on this planet is Lies My Teacher Told Me, a review of US high school history books by a college professor in the deepest darkest of our Deep South (Mississippi).

I have a hard copy of that book, and it is a most excellent read. Thumbsup

The author does have another book more focused specifically on this subject however.

[Image: 51bgsIAt8QL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
23-01-2017, 01:40 AM
(23-01-2017 01:32 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(23-01-2017 01:30 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  It is very much the same in the United States, the whitewashing of White Supremacy's legacy.

I have a hard copy of that book, and it is a most excellent read. Thumbsup

The author does have another book more focused specifically on this subject however.

Sounds like the apartheid dompas system, where black people had to have a pass in order to be in certain areas after dark.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-01-2017, 01:42 AM
(23-01-2017 01:32 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I have a hard copy of that book, and it is a most excellent read. Thumbsup

I also have read that. I considered mentioning it, but I've been making an effort to make shorter posts, recently. I do tend to ramble on.

Sundown Towns has an extensive section on how those lily-white country folk benefit from the Prison Industrial Complex while using that prison to masquerade their county population status as containing minorities. It was a disturbing read as I sat in a prison library in a small, mostly-white country village of a couple of thousand people, and an approximately equal number of African-American prisoners. Undecided

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
23-01-2017, 01:43 AM
(23-01-2017 01:30 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  

Downloaded, looks like an excellent read Smile

23-01-2017, 01:46 AM
(23-01-2017 01:42 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I also have read that. I considered mentioning it, but I've been making an effort to make shorter posts, recently. I do tend to ramble on.

Sundown Towns has an extensive section on how those lily-white country folk benefit from the Prison Industrial Complex while using that prison to masquerade their county population status as containing minorities. It was a disturbing read as I sat in a prison library in a small, mostly-white country village of a couple of thousand people, and an approximately equal number of African-American prisoners. Undecided

I understand, and Lies is an easier general read. I imagine that it's a bit easier to wade into 'my history education was bullshit' rather than 'holy shit, shit is super fucked!' right off the bat.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
23-01-2017, 03:08 AM
(22-01-2017 05:47 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  It's amazing to me that this history is so readily available, and yet so few seem to know it.

Nothing amazing in it, as one of my history books said - if you wan to ask what taxes farmers paid you must be aware of fact that they paid taxes. In that vein you could know that your ancestors weren't nicest people on the planet but you don't know enough to ask meaningful questions and school is not in hurry to provide you with knowledge, rather it want you to believe in certain narrative. Narrative which casts even most despised actions in benign light.

It is the same thing as in Poland - not many people know that Poland was imperialistic country oppressing it's own people. Sure, people know or "know" that farmers didn't have good life but that's about it. There is also a myth of Poles being righteous victims and moral victors - they are victims all right but righteous part is in question as post war pogroms of Jews show. It's hardly surprising if school focus on building narrative that is in line with common misconceptions. Only higher education allow to glimpse truth but not everyone does it and in any case it can be too late then - mind formed to think "Poland good, rest bad" won't accept info conflicting with such.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
23-01-2017, 03:13 AM
(22-01-2017 03:31 PM)Callinectes Wrote:  Blah.

Mate, why bring this horrid old thread back to life? Who are you?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.