07-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Are Racism and religious fundamentalism the biggest problems in the USA
I think so
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2014, 04:43 PM
RE: Are Racism and religious fundamentalism the biggest problems in the USA
(07-03-2014 04:36 PM)Aleprauchanist Wrote:  I think so

Get rid of Racism and Religious Fundamentalism and replace them with Ignorance on all fronts, I'll agree. I don't see much difference between either of them and ignorance.

Ignorance keeps getting people into high offices whom are intent on fucking things up for everyone else, it drives racism and is the very bases of religious fundamentalism, in my opinion.

Alone racism and Religious Fundieism aren't fatal to a nation, especially not a developed one. They are problems, yes but nowhere near the biggest.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-03-2014, 04:46 PM
Why are you harping on race so much?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
07-03-2014, 04:48 PM
(07-03-2014 04:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Why are you harping on race so much?

Well if you made a harp from different races, why not show it off and do some harping?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-03-2014, 04:52 PM
(07-03-2014 04:48 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(07-03-2014 04:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Why are you harping on race so much?

Well if you made a harp from different races, why not show it off and do some harping?

[Image: lolololol.gif]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
07-03-2014, 05:32 PM
I think the biggest problem is the wholesale legal bribery and purchasing of our elected officials by corporate interests and lobbyists in the post Citizens United landscape.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-03-2014, 05:36 PM
(07-03-2014 05:32 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I think the biggest problem is the wholesale legal bribery and purchasing of our elected officials by corporate interests and lobbyists in the post Citizens United landscape.

This is much of it, yes. Also the ignorance that allows it to continue.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
07-03-2014, 05:38 PM
(07-03-2014 04:43 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(07-03-2014 04:36 PM)Aleprauchanist Wrote:  I think so

Get rid of Racism and Religious Fundamentalism and replace them with Ignorance on all fronts, I'll agree. I don't see much difference between either of them and ignorance.

Ignorance keeps getting people into high offices whom are intent on fucking things up for everyone else, it drives racism and is the very bases of religious fundamentalism, in my opinion.

Alone racism and Religious Fundieism aren't fatal to a nation, especially not a developed one. They are problems, yes but nowhere near the biggest.

I agree. I think our biggest problem is ignorance - in all the forms it takes. Racism, anti-intellectualism, anti-evolution, anti-science. The depressing part is I don't know how you break the cycle, when people seem to enjoy wallowing in their ignorance, as long as they can feel superior to someone else.
07-03-2014, 05:38 PM
In my opinion biggest problems in the world(not just usa) is stupidity, hatred and desire to dominate. Remove those and we are in heaven.
07-03-2014, 05:44 PM
Racism is something that is going to happen wherever you have cultures clashing. It's really easy to point at a country like the U.S. that has an incredibly diverse makeup and point the finger at Americans and say "Look at them! They have so many problems with racism in their country!" when you come from a country where basically everybody is the same ethnicity. Last time I checked, Arabic people were not highly thought of in London with the huge influx of Arabic people that now live there. I have a ton of friends in Ireland, and there was a large immigration of Polish people there for several years, and that didn't go over too well with a lot of Irish people.

Sadly, racism is a part of human nature. When people get surrounded by people of another culture in large numbers, it pretty much always results in an increase in tensions between the two. People fear what they don't understand, which is why when cultures collide on a large scale, people lash out because they feel threatened.

So for people who constantly bash the U.S. and Americans in general for problems with racism in our country, I say if you're going to point the finger at Americans and act like your country would never have such a problem, then bring in a crapload of people from another culture and see what happens. It's always easy to be a coward and criticize others from a distance when you don't share that same situation.

BTW could somebody please tell me a country that has the diversity of the U.S. and does not have problems with racism?

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain