Are There Too Many or Too Little Female Protagonist Roles?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2017, 02:57 PM
RE: Are There Too Many or Too Little Female Protagonist Roles?
And damn those uppity double posts! Mother of all little - and big - wimmin! Censored

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2017, 12:40 AM
(01-08-2017 02:52 PM)Vera Wrote:  Damn those uppity wimmin Drinking Beverage

[Image: DGDA9FzXkAEZrj_.jpg:large]

Shouldn't the full title of the Jerome K Jerome book be Three Women in a Boat: To Say Nothing of the Bitch?

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

[+] 2 users Like Norm Deplume's post
14-08-2017, 12:51 AM
I can see where you are coming from. I have never seen this as an issue but to some folks it is. Here is my opinion on the matter.

As I researched what it would take to write a novel, many authors say to write what you would like to read. I took this to heart as I started writing my own short stories and am now working on my own book that will leave the faithful like this: Weeping Sadcryface2 Angry .

Many writers also want to make their novels historically accurate to the social and political climate of that time. Many do not know how to break away from the love triangles and female leads. It may be important to carry the story line or the writer's add it in there for a plot twist or felt the story was lacking a woman's voice in the story. Harry Potter would definitely lack in quality if Hermione was not there.

If there were more original female protagonist stories that are written well and in many genre's, cool. I welcome it.

A book I recommend that has a female protagonist is The Distant Hours by Kate Morton. I have only read half of it before forgetting it's existence during a move. It was really well written and love the flow of the book. Ship of Magic by Robin Hobb is great too if you are into Fantasy. David Weber's On Basilisk Station is a great read as well (Female protag, no hint of love triangle as of yet.)

"What sort of God would promise us a land like this?" - Zensunni lament