Are We Learning From History?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2017, 04:00 PM
RE: Are We Learning From History?
(27-03-2017 09:32 AM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  (Every time I bring up the US is possibly an empire, why does everyone suddenly get upset at that analogy? Seems pretty accurate, not by much for the times we live in, but it makes sense.)

The US is an empire that has overthrown the governments of more than 70 foreign States and murdered or attempted to murder more than 60 foreign heads of State.

The 70 foreign States the US has overthrown does not include the number of times the US has overthrown governments, for example the US overthrew the Greek government twice, the Iraqi government 3 times and Honduras 14 times.

To acknowledge that the US is an empire, one must also acknowledge that they have personally benefited from the evil that the US has done, and that's the problem.

The enemy numbered six hundred - including women and children - and we abolished them utterly, leaving not even a baby alive to cry for its dead mother. This is incomparably the greatest victory that was ever achieved by the Christian soldiers of the United States. -- Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2017, 04:02 PM
RE: Are We Learning From History?
(11-04-2017 04:00 PM)Mircea Wrote:  
(27-03-2017 09:32 AM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  (Every time I bring up the US is possibly an empire, why does everyone suddenly get upset at that analogy? Seems pretty accurate, not by much for the times we live in, but it makes sense.)

The US is an empire that has overthrown the governments of more than 70 foreign States and murdered or attempted to murder more than 60 foreign heads of State.

The 70 foreign States the US has overthrown does not include the number of times the US has overthrown governments, for example the US overthrew the Greek government twice, the Iraqi government 3 times and Honduras 14 times.

To acknowledge that the US is an empire, one must also acknowledge that they have personally benefited from the evil that the US has done, and that's the problem.
As a working historian I can only quietly smile and shrug.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post