Are You Left, Right, or Neutral?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2017, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2017 10:14 AM by jennybee.)
RE: Are You Left, Right, or Neutral?
Neutral....I'm neither acidic nor basic Wink Hobo

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
10-07-2017, 11:37 AM
I'm left/liberal/libertarian:

[Image: chart?ec=-5.88&soc=-7.54]

I honestly don't understand how it's possible to not have an opinion on a great many political issues, unless you simply don't know or care enough about it to make up your mind.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
10-07-2017, 11:42 AM
I consider myself a liberal democrat. So I lean to the left on most issues, social and economic.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
10-07-2017, 11:43 AM
Neutral... I prefer to approach things from a pragmatic perspective rather than a dogmatic one. The downside is that I tend to piss off most all my friends, regardless of their lean, whenever politics comes up.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 2 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
10-07-2017, 12:08 PM
(10-07-2017 11:37 AM)Emma Wrote:  I honestly don't understand how it's possible to not have an opinion on a great many political issues, unless you simply don't know or care enough about it to make up your mind.

It's not that I don't have an opinion. I do. Lots of them. On some issues, I have opinions that lean more to the left, on others they lean more to the right. However, by and large, I feel that liberal and conservative ideologies have drastically oversimplified their approaches to very complex issues in an attempt to appeal to the masses of a generally under-informed voting public.

And there are some issues that I intentionally do not take a stance at all. There are many issues faced by our country, our society and the world that are so complex that unless you possess a great deal of experience and specialized education, forming an opinion about them and attempting to influence how those issues get addressed is terribly imprudent. Instead, I try to ask questions and understand all the variables and learn about all of the interconnected issues and refrain from taking any side.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 2 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
10-07-2017, 01:19 PM
(10-07-2017 12:08 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  
(10-07-2017 11:37 AM)Emma Wrote:  I honestly don't understand how it's possible to not have an opinion on a great many political issues, unless you simply don't know or care enough about it to make up your mind.

It's not that I don't have an opinion. I do. Lots of them. On some issues, I have opinions that lean more to the left, on others they lean more to the right. However, by and large, I feel that liberal and conservative ideologies have drastically oversimplified their approaches to very complex issues in an attempt to appeal to the masses of a generally under-informed voting public.

And there are some issues that I intentionally do not take a stance at all. There are many issues faced by our country, our society and the world that are so complex that unless you possess a great deal of experience and specialized education, forming an opinion about them and attempting to influence how those issues get addressed is terribly imprudent. Instead, I try to ask questions and understand all the variables and learn about all of the interconnected issues and refrain from taking any side.

That's a fair point. However, you can have an opinion without making an effort to create change based on that opinion.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
10-07-2017, 03:13 PM
(10-07-2017 10:10 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Neutral....I'm neither acidic nor basic Wink Hobo
Ah, a perfect 7. Did you know that no acid has a pH higher than pure water?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2017, 04:38 PM
(09-07-2017 04:36 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  Simple question, I myself an neutral. For a variety of reasons after going from angry theist who gulped down every bit of conservative propaganda. Or the confused atheist who thought liberal were right. To the person now that looks at the world and realizes there are both good and bad ideas.

A conversation I had a while back with my parents prompted me to understand politics more. I was asked if I was 'Conversation or Liberal'.
To which I responded, "I am neither."

How does "neutral" differ from "moderate", in your understanding?

Usually when defining positions on a liberal-conservative scale, there are essentially two positions that get described as neither: "moderate", which can be at various points between the two, and "anarchist", which is essentially off the scale altogether.

FWIW, I tend to consider myself a social moderate (my definition of "moderate"), and a political anarchist. This is not, however, how I am necessarily perceived or defined by others.
C'est la vie. Yes

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
10-07-2017, 04:42 PM
(09-07-2017 04:58 PM)JesseB Wrote:  I for one do not think the US should have a 2 party system. I'm very much in favor of a multi party system, campaign reform too ect.
Hear, hear.

If there has to be a government, the modern parliamentary systems, with provision for forming coalitions among multiple parties, is far more representative than what the US system has developed into.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
10-07-2017, 04:53 PM
(10-07-2017 03:13 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(10-07-2017 10:10 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Neutral....I'm neither acidic nor basic Wink Hobo
Ah, a perfect 7. Did you know that no acid has a pH higher than pure water?

Aren't acids 1-6 on a scale of 1-14, with bases 8-14?

Huh