Are You Ordained?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2016, 08:24 PM
RE: Are You Ordained?
(19-03-2016 05:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 04:30 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm an ordained Dudeist. I can preform marriages here in the state of Oregon. Thumbsup

http://dudeism.com/ordination/

I am now. Thumbsup

Me too! Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2016, 08:24 PM
(19-03-2016 02:45 PM)jabeady Wrote:  In what "church"? If so, have you read your holy book?

Like, I'm ordained in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, but I haven't read all of the book. I know I'm supposed to say "Arrrgghh!" a lot, and I *might* be able to perform marriages, but that's about it.

Southern baptist.

Southern baptist are big on god speaking through children. I was ordained at a young age (14yo) and participated in teachings, sunday school lessons, and even gave witness at revivals. Nothing rallies those infected with faith like a child talking to them from the pulpit about their relationship with christ. Disgusts me now looking back at it. I even told outright lies about feeling jesus in my soul, and hearing god whisper to me...they ate it up like candy. it was an empowering experience, the more they were enthralled, the wilder my experiences became....I see now how it is easy to suckle at the tit of mankinds utter gullibility to basic persuasion techniques for personal financial gain. Every time I see Joel Osteen's creepy fucking smile I shudder, and wonder how they can look at his face, listen to his words and not have an instant gag reflex...and realize he is milking them for every penny he can...

[Image: es6oib.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
20-03-2016, 08:27 PM
"Do not swallow anything Satan is trying to ram down your throat. Jesus cums first." (Joel Osteen)

Fixed.

Tongue

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
20-03-2016, 08:35 PM
Ordained Dudeist here too

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
21-03-2016, 08:08 AM
I actually went to school for my ordination, you internet pikers. Dodgy
Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
21-03-2016, 09:57 AM
(21-03-2016 08:08 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I actually went to school for my ordination, you internet pikers. Dodgy
Drinking Beverage

Sucker.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
21-03-2016, 10:41 AM
Being "ordained" or having a degree in theology is like being an expert in Harry Potter or Star Wars. What exactly are you an expert in?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-03-2016, 10:45 AM
(21-03-2016 10:41 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Being "ordained" or having a degree in theology is like being an expert in Harry Potter or Star Wars. What exactly are you an expert in?

Applied Bullshit.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
21-03-2016, 05:19 PM
(21-03-2016 10:41 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Being "ordained" or having a degree in theology is like being an expert in Harry Potter or Star Wars. What exactly are you an expert in?

Expert in Mythology Big Grin

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
21-03-2016, 06:21 PM
I remember buying a PhD in something religious when I first joined TTA.
I can remember what tho. So I'm ordained in something. Maybe i can pray about what it was in ? Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post