Are You Ready if Shit Hits The Fan?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2017, 07:07 AM
RE: Are You Ready if Shit Hits The Fan?
(01-05-2017 06:42 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If you're proven wrong you're going to be very hungry, and forced to beg or steal your dinner....... How's that better???

Or dying. I'm not out to prove them wrong as in them surviving a few additional weeks on poverty rations. My question is, if all goes to shit, what's the incentive to survive at all? To vegetate a few additional months or years?

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
01-05-2017, 07:12 AM
(01-05-2017 07:05 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(01-05-2017 06:21 AM)abaris Wrote:  If you're living in tornado alley, you should do some preparations also.

You should extend this to say that if you live in areas which are subject to tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, droughts, fires, earthquakes, tsunamis, landslides, or blizzards, you should do some preparations.

Luckily I live in an area where none of these problems are an issue.

Better be quiet about that or EVERYBODY will be moving there...

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
01-05-2017, 07:13 AM
(01-05-2017 07:07 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(01-05-2017 06:42 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If you're proven wrong you're going to be very hungry, and forced to beg or steal your dinner....... How's that better???

Or dying. I'm not out to prove them wrong as in them surviving a few additional weeks on poverty rations. My question is, if all goes to shit, what's the incentive to survive at all? To vegetate a few additional months or years?

You're assuming an unsurvivable event - which is far less likely than a survivable one.

Most survivalist types prepare for the events that are recoverable from......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
01-05-2017, 07:18 AM
(01-05-2017 07:12 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(01-05-2017 07:05 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  You should extend this to say that if you live in areas which are subject to tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, droughts, fires, earthquakes, tsunamis, landslides, or blizzards, you should do some preparations.

Luckily I live in an area where none of these problems are an issue.

Better be quiet about that or EVERYBODY will be moving there...

Tongue

That could raise my property value!

Big Grin
01-05-2017, 07:20 AM
Preppers should read Lucifer's Hammer by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
01-05-2017, 07:46 AM
(01-05-2017 07:18 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(01-05-2017 07:12 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Better be quiet about that or EVERYBODY will be moving there...

Tongue

Big Grin

Now if you are also more than one tank of gas worth away from any major city...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
01-05-2017, 07:49 AM
(01-05-2017 07:18 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(01-05-2017 07:12 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Better be quiet about that or EVERYBODY will be moving there...

Tongue

Big Grin

That's only good if you're planning on moving.

I can't get excited about paying higher property taxes.,

Sad

01-05-2017, 08:44 AM
(01-05-2017 07:13 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You're assuming an unsurvivable event - which is far less likely than a survivable one.

Survivable as in what? As in eating canned noodles for the rest of your sorry existence?

You put the bar pretty high with your thread title of the shit hitting the fan. That's not assuming a flood or an earthquake or some other event that will blow over within a few days or weeks, that's obviously assuming something bigger.

If there's no society left, everyone's left to their own devices. Some maybe a bit later than others. If that's a desirable prospect, one that warrants hording like a squirrel, be my guest. It's not my idea of a desirable life.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
01-05-2017, 08:55 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2017 09:11 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
Not really. I don't even know how to make a damned fire. No

But if shit does hit the fan, is humanity really worth preserving? I'm not sure. It would mean we haven't been doing enough to prevent conflict in the first place, so in that sense, we kind of get what we deserve. However, there are those who don't deserve it, such as children getting caught in the crossfire.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
01-05-2017, 09:19 AM
(01-05-2017 07:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  Now if you are also more than one tank of gas worth away from any major city...

I'm less than 20 miles from downtown Philadelphia. If there is a nuclear war, I'm good because I'll be dead.

Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post