Are You Ready if Shit Hits The Fan?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2017, 10:07 AM
RE: Are You Ready if Shit Hits The Fan?
(28-04-2017 05:54 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 11:44 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I've got a tornado bag -- canned meats and veggies for about four or five days, assuming I can find it after an F4 or -5.

Other than that, I don't worry about it. If the shit really hits the fan, I'd live, or more likely die, by my wits.

For tornado planning - keeping some emergency supplies in 20mm shell boxes, painted bright fluorescent colors ( my choice is pink, because it contrasts against everything,) is a good way to go. Store them in the southwest corner of the basement. Not a bad idea to physically tie them down.

One thing people always overlook- some clean, dry clothing.you can vacuum bag a pair of sweatpants, a sweatshirt and a pair of socks and they won't take much room.

You can plan and plan and plan but your gun ho bullshit wont mean you will be around 5 billion years from now regardless. An F 5 if it hits your house wont give a fuck what kind of firearm you own.

Gun worshipers..... logic.

"I lost my job BUY MORE GUNS"
"It's snowing outside BUY MORE GUNS"
"Someone picked on my favorite sporting team BUY MORE GUNS"
"Liberals exist, BUY MORE GUNS"

Really, so you'd be one of those morons risking injury over property when if your stuff got stolen you could replace it, but if you die trying to defend that you cant be replaced? IDIOT.

Someone wants my stuff badly enough, I'd let them have it then call the police afterwords. Objects can be replaced, my life cannot be replaced.

I hope for your sake, you don't get yourself killed, but it wouldn't shock me either, because morons like you always say " I know what I am doing". It only takes one time to make a mistake with a gun.

Good luck Dirty Harry.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2017, 10:10 AM
(28-04-2017 09:55 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 02:02 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  To a lot of people, the survivalist mentality is something they consider something that whackos believe in.

To the survivalist, it's just about being prepared.

Where do you draw the line???

Do you consider someone who has 6 months worth of food on hand to be a rational, well planned person, a hoarder, or a whackadoodle???

I was a Boy Scout, (Always prepared) and a Coastguardsman (Semper Paratus - always ready) - so I'm pretty well set when the power goes out - for whatever reason...

We've got enough food, that we won't go hungry anytime soon.

How ready are you??

I do worry about a Nuclear war because that really would fuck life up bad. But so would a meteor like what killed the dinosaurs. Maybe we should not invest in mass murder which is what war is, and focus globally on solving issues of economic stability globally, issues of pollution and invest in some meteor deflection system.

But am I ready if a nuclear war? If either friend or foe get fucking stupid enough to start one, no thanks, make sure that nuke explodes over me and vaporizes me instantly, because I don't want to live in that aftermath.

I really hate how evolution has produced delusional power hungry fuckfaces that think beating the shit out of each other solves anything.

FUCK WAR!
The war bit, I try not to worry about. But like you, if it does, I'd rather be at ground zero in the first strike. Dying from radiation poisoning is pretty low on my list of " things to do"...

There are however, plenty of other threats to society that are very possible. Meteor strike, solar flare, global warming -- all could cause a breakdown of society that could be very nasty - but ultimately survivable --- with preparation.,....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
28-04-2017, 10:13 AM
(28-04-2017 10:07 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 05:54 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  For tornado planning - keeping some emergency supplies in 20mm shell boxes, painted bright fluorescent colors ( my choice is pink, because it contrasts against everything,) is a good way to go. Store them in the southwest corner of the basement. Not a bad idea to physically tie them down.

One thing people always overlook- some clean, dry clothing.you can vacuum bag a pair of sweatpants, a sweatshirt and a pair of socks and they won't take much room.

You can plan and plan and plan but your gun ho bullshit wont mean you will be around 5 billion years from now regardless. An F 5 if it hits your house wont give a fuck what kind of firearm you own.

Really, so you'd be one of those morons risking injury over property when if your stuff got stolen you could replace it, but if you die trying to defend that you cant be replaced? IDIOT.

Someone wants my stuff badly enough, I'd let them have it then call the police afterwords. Objects can be replaced, my life cannot be replaced.

I hope for your sake, you don't get yourself killed, but it wouldn't shock me either, because morons like you always say " I know what I am doing". It only takes one time to make a mistake with a gun.

Good luck Dirty Harry.

Dude...

I haven't mentioned guns at all in this post. They're not part of the issue, and it'd be nice if you stuck to the issue rather than going off on a nut on your pet agenda.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
28-04-2017, 10:16 AM
(28-04-2017 09:55 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  FUCK WAR!

It was far more interesting than Indiana. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
28-04-2017, 10:20 AM
(28-04-2017 10:10 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 09:55 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I do worry about a Nuclear war because that really would fuck life up bad. But so would a meteor like what killed the dinosaurs. Maybe we should not invest in mass murder which is what war is, and focus globally on solving issues of economic stability globally, issues of pollution and invest in some meteor deflection system.

But am I ready if a nuclear war? If either friend or foe get fucking stupid enough to start one, no thanks, make sure that nuke explodes over me and vaporizes me instantly, because I don't want to live in that aftermath.

I really hate how evolution has produced delusional power hungry fuckfaces that think beating the shit out of each other solves anything.

FUCK WAR!
The war bit, I try not to worry about. But like you, if it does, I'd rather be at ground zero in the first strike. Dying from radiation poisoning is pretty low on my list of " things to do"...

There are however, plenty of other threats to society that are very possible. Meteor strike, solar flare, global warming -- all could cause a breakdown of society that could be very nasty - but ultimately survivable --- with preparation.,....

You are one piece of work, how the fuck can you rightfully agree with me that you would not want to be around in that aftermath, but live your life every day stupidly thinking using a gun will end up with a happy ending every time you defend yourself with one? Hate to tell you bud, most of the time when you introduce a gun into a conflict, you are more likely to get injured or killed. Police and military are trained for stress shooting which is far different than someone who doesn't deal with stress every day.

I will never own a gun. I figure if someone wants me dead, they will most likely already have the drop on me and would not be able to pull a gun out and shoot back before they pull the trigger. It is more likely that you'll survive talking your way out of it or running away. Most people who pull a firearm on you are robbers and most of the time they simply want your money or property. Property can be replaced, your life cannot be replaced.

So if you can accept your death in a nuclear war, that is far more reasonable than putting property above your own life.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
28-04-2017, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2017 10:28 AM by Loom.)
...since when was this thread about guns (cept for how they might help in an emergency/apocalypse)? Can we please not derail this into another gun issue thread? >_<

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 4 users Like Loom's post
28-04-2017, 10:29 AM
(28-04-2017 10:13 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 10:07 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  You can plan and plan and plan but your gun ho bullshit wont mean you will be around 5 billion years from now regardless. An F 5 if it hits your house wont give a fuck what kind of firearm you own.

Good luck Dirty Harry.

Dude...

I haven't mentioned guns at all in this post. They're not part of the issue, and it'd be nice if you stuck to the issue rather than going off on a nut on your pet agenda.....

What are the 20mm shells you are talking about? Those are for ice cream makers? Oh that's right, bullets fire themselves without being in a firearm?

28-04-2017, 10:33 AM
(28-04-2017 05:54 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 11:44 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I've got a tornado bag -- canned meats and veggies for about four or five days, assuming I can find it after an F4 or -5.

Other than that, I don't worry about it. If the shit really hits the fan, I'd live, or more likely die, by my wits.

For tornado planning - keeping some emergency supplies in 20mm shell boxes, painted bright fluorescent colors ( my choice is pink, because it contrasts against everything,) is a good way to go. Store them in the southwest corner of the basement. Not a bad idea to physically tie them down.

YOU "For tornado planning-keeping some emergancy supplies in 20mm shell boxes"

So what, you buy boxes of bullets just to throw them away to keep the box itself? Seems like a waste of money to me. I don't know that much about bullets, but I am sure that size depending on brand can cost a pretty penny.

28-04-2017, 10:34 AM
(28-04-2017 10:16 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  It was far more interesting than Indiana. Drinking Beverage

You can say that about a lot of things.

I was raised in Indiana and my family used to catch insects for entertainment.

Hobo
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
28-04-2017, 10:41 AM
(28-04-2017 10:33 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 05:54 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  For tornado planning - keeping some emergency supplies in 20mm shell boxes, painted bright fluorescent colors ( my choice is pink, because it contrasts against everything,) is a good way to go. Store them in the southwest corner of the basement. Not a bad idea to physically tie them down.

YOU "For tornado planning-keeping some emergancy supplies in 20mm shell boxes"

So what, you buy boxes of bullets just to throw them away to keep the box itself? Seems like a waste of money to me. I don't know that much about bullets, but I am sure that size depending on brand can cost a pretty penny.
You can buy empty ammo boxes in a lot of places. They feed the ammo to their toys.