Are You Ready if Shit Hits The Fan?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2017, 12:02 PM
RE: Are You Ready if Shit Hits The Fan?
In the past ive done a small bit of preperation, got a few books on survival techniques and foraging/hunting and got myself a medium sized crossbow. I stacked silver and gold for a while but ive sold it all off in dribs and drabs now.

If there is some sort of economic reset, I think millions will die. So many people live paycheck to paycheck and less people are saving as compared to earlier generations. The vast majority in the western world have little idea on how to grow food and trap animals.

The total collapse of society though..... dunno if that is worth surviving, sure its instinctual, but you will experience some grim shit.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2017, 12:43 PM
Wow. What the hell are you guys expecting to happen that you're all hoarding stuff for some kind of apocalypse? Geez, you're as bad as the crazy christians waiting for jesus. Here's a thought, enjoy each moment, cause this is it folks. There isn't a second act. Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow may never come!

Live!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
28-04-2017, 12:55 PM
Nope.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
28-04-2017, 01:03 PM
When the nukes hit (not if, they're coming, my cat told me so), anyone who does not wish to live during the post apocalypse period please come visit me and volunteer to be added to my food storage. I figure willing cannibees (the recipient of cannibalism, is that a word?) will not put up as much of a fight as the ones still trying to live.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
28-04-2017, 01:04 PM
(28-04-2017 11:42 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 10:07 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Gun worshipers..... logic.

"I lost my job BUY MORE GUNS"
"It's snowing outside BUY MORE GUNS"
"Someone picked on my favorite sporting team BUY MORE GUNS"
"Liberals exist, BUY MORE GUNS"

You really, really need to give the fuck up Brian by turning nearly every thread into a soap box for your obvious anti-gun fanaticism. Yes... we ALL know how you feel about guns by now.

Just give it a rest mate FFS. No
Yeah, I'm a pro-gun control gun owner and I'm getting tired of this.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
28-04-2017, 01:04 PM
(28-04-2017 12:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Wow. What the hell are you guys expecting to happen that you're all hoarding stuff for some kind of apocalypse? Geez, you're as bad as the crazy christians waiting for jesus. Here's a thought, enjoy each moment, cause this is it folks. There isn't a second act. Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow may never come!

Live!

If I hadn't personally experienced what a collapsed country is like I might be inclined to not be paranoid.

'Murican Canadian
28-04-2017, 01:31 PM
(27-04-2017 04:00 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 03:46 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  A lot would have to fail all at once for hoarding to be justified, so I would call you excessively fearful but not irrational.

As for me, I am not prepared for anything except the status quo.

The Amish have a thing about storing a year's worth of food.

If the man of the house becomes unable to work ( a badly broken leg is frequently used as an example) - then if nothing else, his family won't go hungry.

If you do it right, it doesn't even really cost anything.

You just have to spend a bit of time making preparations.......

If you find that irrational, I hope you never have to find out otherwise.

Cuz being really hungry, and having to rely on charity would really suck ass...

Since I haven't worked in forever, the man is the sole bread winner.

We now have two years worth of his salary liquid so we can access it if needed (it's took us roughly 10 years to save it), sure we have needed to dip into that nest egg when the heater and roof needed replacing, but we replenished it pretty quickly.

So at the very least, we will keep the roof over our head, the lights/utilities on, Internet going and food. But we would need significantly trim our monthly expenses to cover the property tax and insurance. Which wouldn't be easy, but I think we could manage it.

Everything else that's beyond that, I could let go of.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-04-2017, 02:13 PM
(28-04-2017 11:22 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 11:05 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Find me a place in the USA where you can buy 20mm ammo....

http://www.cdvs.us/20mm-Vulcan-brass-cas...P2037.aspx

Brass isn't ammo bro....

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-04-2017, 02:33 PM
You saved two years salary while raising boys? You are THE GOD of financial skills.

I will sacrifice a chicken to you today.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
28-04-2017, 02:34 PM
(28-04-2017 02:13 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 11:22 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  http://www.cdvs.us/20mm-Vulcan-brass-cas...P2037.aspx

Brass isn't ammo bro....

Tongue

That's not brass it's brass cased percussion primed loaded 20 mm Vulcan Target Practice (TP) ammo. It is just a solid projectile opposed to an explosive or incendiary round but still functional 20 mm cannon ammunition. If you look down below that one they got some electric primed 20 mm Vulcan TP rounds, some API and even some sabot rounds with tungsten penetrators for $100 each, but those are Phalynx rounds which are a different spec than the Vulcan.

The TP rounds are the preferred rounds for use in Anizo Iron Works 20 mm Vulcan bolt guns. Here's one sitting next to their 50 BMG model.

[Image: 20mmwith50a-1.jpg]

[Image: Cartridge-Comparison-338-Lapua-50-BMG-20mm-Vulcan.jpg]

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]