Are You Ready if Shit Hits The Fan?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2017, 07:39 PM
Are You Ready if Shit Hits The Fan?
(27-04-2017 03:16 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Not including what is in the kitchen or the bug out bags we're currently sitting on about 20 months worth of food for 1 person at 1800 calories a day. The goal is 3 months for 6 people at 2400 calories a day. We're about 219,000 calories short of that right now. This is what we've currently got.

[Image: JYGHggP.jpg]

I have plenty of BBQ sauce and lots of neighbors. Some of them look like they have a bunch of calories in them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like KUSA's post
28-04-2017, 07:58 PM
RE: Are You Ready if Shit Hits The Fan?
I'm not even prepared for tomorrow morning. The zombie apocalypse will have to wait.
[+] 3 users Like big green mouth's post
28-04-2017, 08:09 PM
(28-04-2017 06:13 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Not considered "man portable" by anyone I'm familiar with.

Anzio's magazine fed bolt action 20 mm can be configured to weigh as little as 59 lbs. Their single shot rifle can weigh as little as 39 lbs. Not something I'd want to tote around, but it could be done by a big mother fucker.

[Image: 20mm022standingatangle-FP.jpg]

The real question is what is the FBI doing with theirs?

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
28-04-2017, 08:24 PM
Ya know - guys.....

As much as I appreciate artillery, this thread ain't about that...

Capise??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-04-2017, 08:32 PM
(28-04-2017 08:09 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  The real question is what is the FBI doing with theirs?

Maybe they figure they'd better have something for all the old Humvees we've been selling to the public.

'Murican Canadian
28-04-2017, 09:04 PM
Every time I fire up the grill I stuff a couple of pieces of rolled up 10 oz cotton duct in a piece of pipe and make some char cloth.

[Image: nXZ3skw.jpg]

I've been putting it in fire starting kits. Each kit has a lighter, waterproof matches, a ferro rod with striker, a roll of char cloth, some jute twine, a piece of fat wood, and some vasoline soaked cotton balls. It all gets sealed up in a mylar bag. I've sold about 100 of them.

[Image: QITkz7j.jpg]

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
28-04-2017, 09:41 PM
I have survival gear for down to 0ºF for all of us, which is all I need for southern California. I also know where all the swimming pools are in my neighborhood, for when my 50 gallon water heater runs out. We currently have 6 five gallon propane tanks (two are on our travel trailer, so I'd have to go get them). They're about a mile away, so I might have to use my little red wagon to transport them home. We also have a small propane grille and stove. That stove, we used to make coffee and breakfast for the neighbors the morning of the '94 Northridge earthquake, from which we were about 6 miles from the epicenter. Good times!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
29-04-2017, 04:32 AM
(28-04-2017 08:09 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 06:13 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Not considered "man portable" by anyone I'm familiar with.

Anzio's magazine fed bolt action 20 mm can be configured to weigh as little as 59 lbs. Their single shot rifle can weigh as little as 39 lbs. Not something I'd want to tote around, but it could be done by a big mother fucker.

[Image: 20mm022standingatangle-FP.jpg]

The real question is what is the FBI doing with theirs?
Sorry, I was referencing the 20mm mounts used by the USN.

As for the FBI, I can't say. But a certain state agency near me plans on using a "borrowed" .50 to disable vehicles if the need arises.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-04-2017, 08:07 AM
It is a good day to die. Angel

Fallout LARP has no real appeal so it really depends on the scenario.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-04-2017, 10:54 AM
Just wear a biohazard suit!

[Image: Ebola-Suits-Hazmat-001519418158.jpg]