Are You Serious???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2014, 09:49 PM
Are You Serious???
What happens to the brain when you're in a situation where the police want you to pull over, but because of warrants, or drugs in the vehicle, or drunk driving, or you just robbed a convenience store, or whatever, goes through the mind that convinces one that they can escape the police in a vehicle pursuit in urban area? It boggles the mind. A woman ended up dead this morning, thinking she could outrun the police. Sad, but crazy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2014, 09:53 PM
RE: Are You Serious???
Well... fear plays a huge part in irrational behavior.

Outrunning the cops (with guns, no doubt) is pretty crazy. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
01-05-2014, 09:59 PM
(01-05-2014 09:49 PM)TheBear Wrote:  What happens to the brain when you're in a situation where the police want you to pull over, but because of warrants, or drugs in the vehicle, or drunk driving, or you just robbed a convenience store, or whatever, goes through the mind that convinces one that they can escape the police in a vehicle pursuit in urban area? It boggles the mind. A woman ended up dead this morning, thinking she could outrun the police. Sad, but crazy.

I've done it. All it required was a more detailed knowledge of the neighborhoods back in the day.

#sigh
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-05-2014, 10:00 PM
There's a guy who is famous in the tiny town I grew up in for robbing the bank and trying to escape the police on a tractor. Well that's how the gossip went. I wonder if there's a news report. I should look it up!

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
01-05-2014, 10:36 PM
If she only killed herself I'd say that's a great success.

My cousin whom I grew up with is currently in jail (only a year older than me) for stealing a car and leading the cops on a 200km chase.
It's New Zealand, where the fuck are you gonna run too?
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
02-05-2014, 05:30 AM
I was the passenger on the back of a motorcycle fleeing from the police years ago. I never, ever want to do that again.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
02-05-2014, 07:02 AM
(02-05-2014 05:30 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I was the passenger on the back of a motorcycle fleeing from the police years ago. I never, ever want to do that again.

This is the Kill-Switch.

[Image: stock-footage-shutting-off-a-running-mot...-audio.jpg]

Flipping this instantly kills the engine, sort of like yanking the keys out of a car's ignition. It won't cause lose of control, it will simply cut engine power to the wheel.

(On a side note, this picture has to be of a mid-90's era Honda, as it's almost identical to what's on my 93' Nighthawk & 93' XR250L and my brother's 96' Magna Deluxe)

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
02-05-2014, 07:44 AM
Do you expect criminals to just roll over for the police?
02-05-2014, 07:50 AM
(02-05-2014 07:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 05:30 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I was the passenger on the back of a motorcycle fleeing from the police years ago. I never, ever want to do that again.

This is the Kill-Switch.

[Image: stock-footage-shutting-off-a-running-mot...-audio.jpg]

Flipping this instantly kills the engine, sort of like yanking the keys out of a car's ignition. It won't cause lose of control, it will simply cut engine power to the wheel.

(On a side note, this picture has to be of a mid-90's era Honda, as it's almost identical to what's on my 93' Nighthawk & 93' XR250L and my brother's 96' Magna Deluxe)

Thanks. kinda hard for the passenger to reach. I think it was a Magna, IIRC.
at 85 mph, down the center lane in town, with state police doing lights and sirens on our tail, I was holding on for dear life, with my eyes squeezed shut.

And back to Girly's comment. It helps to know where you are. We were stopped on a dead end street.....lucky to be alive.

One of those moments in life when you realize you are dating the wrong person.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
02-05-2014, 07:58 AM
(02-05-2014 07:50 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  One of those moments in life when you realize you are dating the wrong person.

I couldn't help but laugh at this, I'm sorry Laugh out load

Atir aissom atir imon