Are ad hominem queens the new drama queens?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2014, 09:21 PM
RE: Are ad hominem queens the new drama queens?
(07-07-2014 09:15 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 09:13 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Good luck with that.
We tried to get the admins to make cjlr and Free Thought vets to avail.
I don't think they appreciated being dictated too my Girly and myself and probably felt we already had too many vets as is.
You might be in for a shot now that a slot has opened up thanks to Dom's two faced bitchiness though. Suck up to KC, he's the one that decides.

The clubhouse is filled mostly with threads vets, staff and ex-staff don't want the rest of the forum to see, personal shit etc..

Guess that leaves me permanently out after today. Lol. Ah well.

Glad to know it wasnt actually my Near sacrificing virgins and shit. Tongue

Nope, no virgins are sacrificed. Just small goats (if I interpreted what they said correctly... I assumed it was baby goats...).

It's basically a combination of maturity and popularity.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
07-07-2014, 09:23 PM
(07-07-2014 09:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 09:15 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Guess that leaves me permanently out after today. Lol. Ah well.

Nope, no virgins are sacrificed. Just small goats (if I interpreted what they said correctly... I assumed it was baby goats...).

Dang, no vet status for me Sadcryface was hoping it was based on time spent being active. I've wasted so much time Weeping
Tongue Laugh out load

Shoot, my immaturity is showing again Confused

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
07-07-2014, 09:26 PM
(07-07-2014 09:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 09:15 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Guess that leaves me permanently out after today. Lol. Ah well.

Well as long as its -baby- goats.

Have to end the cries of babies to be effective after all.
07-07-2014, 09:29 PM
(07-07-2014 09:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It has been said time and time again that this forum isn't for everyone and if you don't like it you know where the door is.

Yes, and that is said precisely in the context of the forum allowing the very same swearing, sexual language and personal attacks that the whiners are crying about.

Drinking Beverage

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
07-07-2014, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2014 09:38 PM by Hughsie.)
Hmm, if anyone wants to know why 'trolls' never seem to get banned they should read this thread a little more carefully. There are two sides of an argument both accusing each other of being trolls (when neither one is), there also seems to be references to a rather large proportion of theists being accused of being trolls. Point is, as no-one can even agree on what a troll is banning them is a little difficult. Plus, as muffs pointed out, the forum was literally founded on a policy of promoting free speech as much as possible. It is impossible to curb some people's freedom without curbing everyone's, and as much as some people point to others and want their freedom to express themselves restricted, no-one ever seems to want their own restricted at the same time.

Anyways, Taq, I have a question for you, it's a polite and serious question so I'm hoping for an equally polite and serious response. Why do you attack trolls? If a troll is someone who wants to cause discord by provoking attacks at themselves, then attacking them would seem to play directly into their hands. It would be similar to saying "some guy tried to mug me but I taught him a real lesson, I gave him all my stuff, I sure showed him".

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 4 users Like Hughsie's post
07-07-2014, 09:33 PM
(07-07-2014 09:29 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 09:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It has been said time and time again that this forum isn't for everyone and if you don't like it you know where the door is.

Yes, and that is said precisely in the context of the forum allowing the very same swearing, sexual language and personal attacks that the whiners are crying about.

Drinking Beverage

Yes I know.

[Image: oscar.png]
07-07-2014, 09:37 PM
Yeah, because all of the banned theist "trolls" were banned for swearing, sexual language, and personal attacks. I'm sure that's gotta be what's bothering folks......

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
07-07-2014, 09:55 PM
My question how did it even get like this? At first it was like how do ad hominem queens work. Then next minute its like as if we walked into camden at night. Seriously what happened, why can't we get along?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-07-2014, 09:59 PM
(07-07-2014 09:37 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Yeah, because all of the banned theist "trolls" were banned for swearing, sexual language, and personal attacks. I'm sure that's gotta be what's bothering folks......

Did someone here make that claim and I missed it? Strawman much?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
07-07-2014, 10:01 PM
[Image: 36_12_20.gif~c200]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post