Are ad hominem queens the new drama queens?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2014, 10:08 PM
RE: Are ad hominem queens the new drama queens?
(07-07-2014 09:30 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Hmm, if anyone wants to know why 'trolls' never seem to get banned they should read this thread a little more carefully. There are two sides of an argument both accusing each other of being trolls (when neither one is), there also seems to be references to a rather large proportion of theists being accused of being trolls.

Not coming from me. There have been several strawmen thrown out here falsely claiming that I consider all or most theists to be trolls, which is pure, desperate bullshit.

Quote: Point is, as no-one can even agree on what a troll is banning them is a little difficult.

Do you know the origin of the term?

Quote: Plus, as muffs pointed out, the forum was literally founded on a policy of promoting free speech as much as possible. It is impossible to curb some people's freedom without curbing everyone's, and as much as some people point to others and want their freedom to express themselves restricted, no-one ever seems to want their own restricted at the same time.

There is a rule addressing folks who come here WITH THE EXPRESS PURPOSE of disrupting the forum: "Anyone who comes here with the sole intent of causing chaos and conflict is not welcome." Clearly people like Jeremy and Drich (among others) are here precisely to do just that.

Quote:Anyways, Taq, I have a question for you, it's a polite and serious question so I'm hoping for an equally polite and serious response. Why do you attack trolls? If a troll is someone who wants to cause discord by provoking attacks at themselves, then attacking them would seem to play directly into their hands. It would be similar to saying "some guy tried to mug me but I taught him a real lesson, I gave him all my stuff, I sure showed him".

Why does the staff let them run roughshod over the forum when it's clear they are here solely to disrupt?

Your theory might have held some weight were it not for the fact that they usually try to pretend I didn't post and instead attempt to keep others strung along and replying with the same rebuttals they have given ten billion times both to others, and to them.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2014, 10:11 PM
(07-07-2014 09:55 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  My question how did it even get like this? At first it was like how do ad hominem queens work. Then next minute its like as if we walked into camden at night. Seriously what happened, why can't we get along?

It got this way because the whole point of the thread was to passive-aggressively troll a cowardly sideways go at me instead of dealing with the problem of idiots like Jermy Wanker walking all over the forum.

07-07-2014, 10:16 PM
(07-07-2014 09:55 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  My question how did it even get like this? At first it was like how do ad hominem queens work. Then next minute its like as if we walked into camden at night. Seriously what happened, why can't we get along?

I said my peace on it. I don't really hate a lot of people on this forum. In fact, a great amount of you I treasure as the wonderful people that have shaped my maturity. I just spoke out because I was sick and tired of the vitriolic bullshit Taq employs to rag on people I actually care about (looking at you, DLJ and Rev).

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
07-07-2014, 10:27 PM
(07-07-2014 10:08 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Why does the staff let them run roughshod over the forum when it's clear they are here solely to disrupt?

Disrupt is all you do. You think it's keen, but it really just fucks up the whole flow of the forum because you do it all over the fucking place. Since you've been here we haven't had the chance at an interesting thread because of the stupid shit you post over and over again all over the place.

(07-07-2014 10:08 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  It got this way because the whole point of the thread was to passive-aggressively troll a cowardly sideways go at me instead of dealing with the problem of idiots like Jermy Wanker walking all over the forum.

No. The point of the thread was to address you and the way you disrupt every thread with a theist involved in a way that very few people appreciate. It was quite obvious, and quite deserved. Jeremy Walker was banned for having sock puppets, otherwise he's still be freely posting his stupid shit all over the forum alongside you. That is how it works. He broke a rule, he's gone. There's no rule against being a fucking prick douchebag, so you're still here.

I no longer give a fuck, Taq. I'd like you to be a positively contributing member of this forum, but you've proven yourself incapable of that so I'll just lay it out like I see it from now on, if and when I feel like you even deserve a response.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
07-07-2014, 10:32 PM
(07-07-2014 10:08 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Not coming from me. There have been several strawmen thrown out here falsely claiming that I consider all or most theists to be trolls, which is pure, desperate bullshit.

Well you have used the word 'troll' in reference to certain people in this thread. Specifically, here, here, here, here and here. And then there's all the times it has been directed at you on top of that but I cba finding them all.

(07-07-2014 10:08 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Do you know the origin of the term?

Origin or definition?

(07-07-2014 10:08 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  There is a rule addressing folks who come here WITH THE EXPRESS PURPOSE of disrupting the forum: "Anyone who comes here with the sole intent of causing chaos and conflict is not welcome." Clearly people like Jeremy and Drich (among others) are here precisely to do just that.

I've never seen anything by them that leads me to view them as trolls, generally they come across as people with an irrational viewpoint doing a supremely bad job of defending said viewpoint. That having been said though, I don't make a habit of reading their posts. If you do have posts that clearly show they have the sole intention of fucking shit up, I'm sure the Admins would be interested to see it.

(07-07-2014 10:08 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Why does the staff let them run roughshod over the forum when it's clear they are here solely to disrupt?

See above.

(07-07-2014 10:08 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Your theory might have held some weight were it not for the fact that they usually try to pretend I didn't post and instead attempt to keep others strung along and replying with the same rebuttals they have given ten billion times both to others, and to them.

Well, if a 'troll' someone who wants to be attacked, and you are attacking people who seem to not want to be attacked, has it ever occurred to you that they may not be trolls? To continue my 'mugger' analogy, if you think someone is trying to mug you so you offer them your stuff but they refuse, maybe they weren't a mugger to begin with.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
07-07-2014, 10:34 PM
(07-07-2014 10:27 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  

Disrupt is all you do. You think it's keen, but it really just fucks up the whole flow of the forum because you do it all over the fucking place. Since you've been here we haven't had the chance at an interesting thread because of the stupid shit you post over and over again all over the place.

Bullshit, liar. Go the fuck away, the adults are talking now.

(07-07-2014 10:08 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  It got this way because the whole point of the thread was to passive-aggressively troll a cowardly sideways go at me instead of dealing with the problem of idiots like Jermy Wanker walking all over the forum.

No. The point of the thread was to address you and the way you disrupt every thread with a theist involved in a way that very few people appreciate. [/quote]

EVERY thread? See, there you go again with your hysterical lying bullshit.. And yet Dom just lied by trying to deny it. Well done.

Quote: It was quite obvious, and quite deserved. Jeremy Walker was banned for having sock puppets, otherwise he's still be freely posting his stupid shit all over the forum alongside you. That is how it works.

Which is bullshit because he obviously was here for the SOLE purpose of disrupting the forum, CLEARLY in violation of the forum rules. THAT"S how it works if the mods were doing their job.

Quote: He broke a rule, he's gone. There's no rule against being a fucking prick douchebag, so you're still here.

Yeah, you too, pissant.

Quote:I no longer give a fuck, Taq.

Yeah, then shut the fuck up already.

07-07-2014, 10:36 PM
(07-07-2014 10:34 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Yeah, then shut the fuck up already.

No.

:cupofIdon'tgiveafuckyoucansuckmyballs:

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
07-07-2014, 10:40 PM
(07-07-2014 10:36 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 10:34 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Yeah, then shut the fuck up already.

No.

I don't like the little ones.

07-07-2014, 10:44 PM
(07-07-2014 10:40 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 10:36 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  No.

I don't like the little ones.

Well, beggars can't be choosers can they, you fuck-brained twat?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
07-07-2014, 10:46 PM
(07-07-2014 10:32 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 10:08 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Not coming from me. There have been several strawmen thrown out here falsely claiming that I consider all or most theists to be trolls, which is pure, desperate bullshit.

Well you have used the word 'troll' in reference to certain people in this thread. Specifically, here, here, here, here and here. And then there's all the times it has been directed at you on top of that but I cba finding them all.

Now you are talking about two different issues. I addressed your "there also seems to be references to a rather large proportion of theists being accused of being trolls", which is a common strawman that crybabies try to pin on me.

Quote:
(07-07-2014 10:08 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Do you know the origin of the term?

Origin or definition?

Origin. "Trolling for flames". Case in point, the OP here.

Quote:
(07-07-2014 10:08 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  There is a rule addressing folks who come here WITH THE EXPRESS PURPOSE of disrupting the forum: "Anyone who comes here with the sole intent of causing chaos and conflict is not welcome." Clearly people like Jeremy and Drich (among others) are here precisely to do just that.

I've never seen anything by them that leads me to view them as trolls, generally they come across as people with an irrational viewpoint doing a supremely bad job of defending said viewpoint. That having been said though, I don't make a habit of reading their posts.

So you admit you don't see because you're not looking.

Quote: If you do have posts that clearly show they have the sole intention of fucking shit up, I'm sure the Admins would be interested to see it.

And I'm not at all sure, as staff folks here have gone on record saying that they like having trolls here.

Quote:

See above.

Above what?

Quote:
(07-07-2014 10:08 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Your theory might have held some weight were it not for the fact that they usually try to pretend I didn't post and instead attempt to keep others strung along and replying with the same rebuttals they have given ten billion times both to others, and to them.

Well, if a 'troll' someone who wants to be attacked,

That's not what I'm saying.

Quote:and you are attacking people who seem to not want to be attacked, has it ever occurred to you that they may not be trolls? To continue my 'mugger' analogy, if you think someone is trying to mug you so you offer them your stuff but they refuse, maybe they weren't a mugger to begin with.

If someone is mugging you and you call a cop, and the cop tells you they like having muggers here, it's about time to start working things out for yourself.