Are ad hominem queens the new drama queens?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2014, 02:45 PM
RE: Are ad hominem queens the new drama queens?
(05-07-2014 02:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-07-2014 01:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  5 hours and 27 minutes?

What do I win?

Wink

3 days of Tequila and DudePretendingtoBeABuddhist in the Pit. No clothing or ugly wigs allowed.

Now that's a scarey thought.
I was going to ask him to post a pic sans wigarroo. It make him look like the Mona Lisa.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2014, 03:15 PM
(05-07-2014 08:24 AM)Dom Wrote:  Looking at the forum as of late, it occurred to me that there is a new kind of drama queen flourishing.

Like the old type drama queens, these people rejoice in getting lots of attention for acting out.

Instead of wallowing in all the wrongs done to them, these new drama queens revel in ad hominems.

The more ad hominems issued, the more memes included, the more forum space taken up with these, the more attention our queens get.

How long will it take until one of them enters this thread? Place your bets!

these people rejoice in getting lots of attention for acting out. Um yeah, and sadly several here, give them just-what-they-want.

I've read a lot of the older and newer threads that were genuinely good conversations, but they fizzle out in no time. Consider

Ahh, but let a troll start a two sentence thread, and there's 20 pages of ego-feeding attention, in just a few hours. Oddly, the ones who complain the most about the trolls, rather than put them on ignore, continue hand-feeding them daily. It's ridiculous and pathetic, on both sides.

Might as well roll out the red carpet and give them their own forum. Dodgy
TTA = The Trolling Atheist. Argue

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 9 users Like CindysRain's post
05-07-2014, 03:25 PM
(05-07-2014 02:08 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  The drama queen came in on post #1.

Funny how Dom trolls for flames, gets flames, and then runs crying to make a new thread to troll for flames in. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Jesus loves me. ... Fucking fool.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-07-2014, 05:17 PM
(05-07-2014 03:15 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  these people rejoice in getting lots of attention for acting out.

Yes, you can tell by the way they spam the same trolling horseshit thread over and over again.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
05-07-2014, 09:34 PM
(05-07-2014 02:08 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  The drama queen came in on post #1.

Funny how Dom trolls for flames, gets flames, and then runs crying to make a new thread to troll for flames in. Lather, rinse, repeat.

If I wasn't a Vet and thus not be held accountable to some sort of vet "CoC"(k) and not have to worry about causing KC more crap at the moment of which he needs it least I would tell you Taq that the thing you have to understand about Dom is that she's a hypocritical two faced bitch who can say whatever she wants about ad hominen's it doesn't make it any less truthful. She likes to complain and whine about others behaving in a certain way yet she is the one making matters much worse when she should just stay the fuck out because she's unwanted and causes nothing but grief. This thread being a good example of provocation aimed at certain members of which I'm not buying into her bullshit because I'm a better person than her because I'm not a scheming backstabbing bitch and I'll let her dig her own grave.

That's what I would say if I wasn't bound by vet coc(k) anyway.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-07-2014, 10:17 PM
(05-07-2014 03:15 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  I've read a lot of the older and newer threads that were genuinely good conversations, but they fizzle out in no time. Consider

Ahh, but let a troll start a two sentence thread, and there's 20 pages of ego-feeding attention, in just a few hours. Oddly, the ones who complain the most about the trolls, rather than put them on ignore, continue hand-feeding them daily. It's ridiculous and pathetic, on both sides.

Can I just say that I love you right now. Heart

Problem is that those feeding the trolls and then whining about them seem to lack the mental capacity to understand the irony of their actions. It really does get painful. Undecided

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 5 users Like Hughsie's post
06-07-2014, 12:57 AM
(05-07-2014 10:17 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Can I just say that I love you right now. Heart
Problem is that those feeding the trolls and then whining about them seem to lack the mental capacity to understand the irony of their actions. It really does get painful. Undecided

Painful indeed. Frusty Bangin

I accept your Heart, and return the same because you get it! Heart Thumbsup

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like CindysRain's post
06-07-2014, 02:21 AM
(05-07-2014 10:17 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  ...

A coupla things (at the risk of fulfilling Cindy's prophecy) ...

1) Righteous indignation...

I find this one's style underwhelming and their content vapid. Easy solution... I put him on my ignore list 8 months ago.

But I can still see responses to their replies and will happily take the rebukes that I might get when defending the people who have my respect (e.g. Kim) who have been attacked for no good reason.

2) I care about this forum and about the image of atheism. Taq is exemplifying all the 'bad' we hear about angry atheists.

I have no problem with him behaving this way (freedom of expression n'all) but I do not want it to become the norm.
Have you noticed how easily encouraged he is if he gets a "Yay" Taq, go for it" comment?

I can't be the only Mod getting PMs complaining about him and asking if this is what we want the forum to be. Some of these people (whose opinions genuinely interest me) have stopped coming here because of him.

An organisation's (or a society's) culture is formed from the collective individuals' behaviours. Individual behaviour is a result of the combination of Organisational Ethics and Individual Ethics.

As a Mod, now, I have a responsibility to encourage / promote the organisational ethics derived from Seth's intent / vision (even when I don't agree with it) ... noblesse oblige.

Sure, I like to tease him but it's with a view to the perception of the external observer... showing how the community deals with petulant teenagers like Taq... with feigned frustration, irony and something else very clever that I can't think of right now. Dodgy

If he develops a fan club, then this behaviour will become the cultural norm. If you want that... you can keep it.

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
06-07-2014, 03:57 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 04:01 AM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(06-07-2014 02:21 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-07-2014 10:17 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  ...

A coupla things (at the risk of fulfilling Cindy's prophecy) ...

1) Righteous indignation...

I find this one's style underwhelming and their content vapid. Easy solution... I put him on my ignore list 8 months ago.

How much of a coward do you have to be to talk about people and not mention their names.

Quote:But I can still see responses to their replies and will happily take the rebukes that I might get when defending the people who have my respect (e.g. Kim) who have been attacked for no good reason.

That hasn't happened, moron.

Quote:2) I care about this forum and about the image of atheism. Taq is exemplifying all the 'bad' we hear about angry atheists.

Coming from the pussy who plus-reps every troll who comes in here.

Quote:I have no problem with him behaving this way (freedom of expression n'all)

Then shut the fuck up and quit your whining, liar.

Quote:but I do not want it to become the norm.
Have you noticed how easily encouraged he is if he gets a "Yay" Taq, go for it" comment?

I've noticed how you make bullshit like that up and try to pass it off as fact, liar.

Quote:I can't be the only Mod getting PMs complaining about him and asking if this is what we want the forum to be. Some of these people (whose opinions genuinely interest me) have stopped coming here because of him.

And aparently YOU want this forum to be overrun with trolls every day.

Quote:An organisation's (or a society's) culture is formed from the collective individuals' behaviours. Individual behaviour is a result of the combination of Organisational Ethics and Individual Ethics.

Oh, brother.

Quote:As a Mod, now, I have a responsibility to encourage / promote the organisational ethics derived from Seth's intent / vision (even when I don't agree with it) ... noblesse oblige.

You don't have a responsibility to whine about rules you don't like, or to attempt to bend the forum rules to your troll—toadying inclinations.

Quote:Sure, I like to tease him but it's with a view to the perception of the external observer...

....so you admit YOU are the troll here.
Quote:showing how the community deals with petulant teenagers like Taq...

Fuck you, you gutless whiny pussy.

Quote:with feigned frustration, irony and something else very clever that I can't think of right now. Dodgy

If he develops a fan club, then this behaviour will become the cultural norm. If you want that... you can keep it.

How funny that you try to talk about me as if I wasn't here. Coward.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
06-07-2014, 05:18 AM
:peanuts:

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post