Are all PC food containers banned or is it just for babies ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2014, 02:14 AM
Are all PC food containers banned or is it just for babies ?
I have a cooker of which a tiny part is food-grade PC. Yet I knew that PC was banned in the West and then I went for an online search.

I got this:

http://www.blcleathertech.com/blog/polyc...012/07/31/

which said that PC containers shouldn't be used to feed children.

I wasn't able to find that about adults.

Do you guys know ?

[Image: bee3ef62gw1ef7z86nx1ag201e01e3yq.gif]

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2014, 03:03 AM
RE: Are all PC food containers banned or is it just for babies ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisphenol_A

Quote:FDA’s current assessment (as of 12 April 2014) is that BPA is safe at the very low levels that occur in some foods. This assessment is based on review by FDA scientists of hundreds of studies including the latest findings from new studies initiated by the agency.[5] The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) reviewed new scientific information on BPA in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011: EFSA’s experts concluded on each occasion that they could not identify any new evidence which would lead them to revise their opinion that the presently known levels of exposure to BPA is safe; however, EFSA does recognize some uncertainties, and will as before continue to investigate them.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-04-2014, 06:31 AM
RE: Are all PC food containers banned or is it just for babies ?
BPA is in literally everything you touch. They use plastic tubes with BPA in the NICU and those babies are in fragile health.

Those studies where BPA was found to give you cancer is when it was injected into rats. The amount of exposure you get from eating or drinking out of bottles, plastic silverware, or plates is so negligible.

It's what hardens plastic. (Pppsst - it's on your cell phone that you hold all day long.)

Don't worry your pretty little head.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 2 users Like Cathym112's post