Are all of humanity's problems caused by fear?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2013, 11:19 AM
RE: Are all of humanity's problems caused by fear?
I think fear keeps us in check.

Where would I be today if I wasn't scared to death of free-falling to my death? Probably standing utop a building as a gentle breeze comes along and forces me off the edge making me free fall to my death.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2013, 01:18 PM
No. Most of our problems arise from scarcity.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
15-01-2013, 01:42 PM
scarcity of intelligence

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
15-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Fear? Haha, no. The WBC is to blame. Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-01-2013, 04:00 PM
No right now all of humanities problems are caused by a large division in the wealth so that most of it only ends up in the hands of a small group of people who monopolize the economies.
15-01-2013, 04:20 PM
So, BC, how's that PhD in psychology coming along? Smartass (great post, btw)

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
15-01-2013, 11:04 PM
(15-01-2013 04:20 PM)aurora Wrote:  So, BC, how's that PhD in psychology coming along? Smartass (great post, btw)

Actually, I took so many Psych classes in college for my electives that I almost ended up minoring in it. It's very similar to Philosophy (which I was majoring in) in that you can say anything and can never really be proven wrong (as long as you are good at arguing your point).

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
15-01-2013, 11:08 PM
(15-01-2013 11:04 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(15-01-2013 04:20 PM)aurora Wrote:  So, BC, how's that PhD in psychology coming along? Smartass (great post, btw)

Actually, I took so many Psych classes in college for my electives that I almost ended up minoring in it. It's very similar to Philosophy (which I was majoring in) in that you can say anything and can never really be proven wrong (as long as you are good at arguing your point).
I have no doubt you would be! It's not too late, you know. I can see it now, The Atheist Psych Sleepy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
15-01-2013, 11:40 PM
It's no surprise that psychology is similar to philosophy. It was born of philosophy. And in my opinion, the reason why philosophy has failed miserably for 2500 years is the absence of psychological tools in the philosopher's quiver.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-01-2013, 12:13 AM
(15-01-2013 11:40 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  It's no surprise that psychology is similar to philosophy. It was born of philosophy. And in my opinion, the reason why philosophy has failed miserably for 2500 years is the absence of psychological tools in the philosopher's quiver.

I find that philosophy has "failed" for so long because no one is willing to pay someone else for prolonged thinking. It produces no products to sell and you can't scam someone into laying on your couch and paying you money to talk about the meaning of life in relation to their mother. That or maybe it's because only one of the two fields can legally give you drugs.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."