Are all religions equal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2011, 07:14 PM
RE: Are all religions equal?
Or the contrary as a medical study that I am terribly afraid I do not have the link for (but I think I saw on this forum) suggested. Anybody remember a thread where the creator posted a link to a study linking the effects of prayer in risky situations to the relationship of death and found that those who didn't pray or had someone praying for them were more likely to survive?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2011, 02:42 AM
I have read of studies that show that prayer has no measurable effect at all. I haven't read of the one that you are mentioning.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
01-03-2011, 03:46 AM
What we believe does not change reality.
It may change our actions , our bodies(placebo) but that's about it.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
01-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Quote:Anybody remember a thread where the creator posted a link to a study linking the effects of prayer in risky situations to the relationship of death and found that those who didn't pray or had someone praying for them were more likely to survive?
Those who didn't pray had a higher chance of survival? Was it statistically significant and has it been repeated?

I remember something about this. Didn't the researchers speculate that the higher death rate, of those who were prayed for and who knew that they were being prayed for, could be because of a ''performance pressure''?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
01-03-2011, 07:48 PM
It was a small percentage, easily a fluke, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
02-03-2011, 12:57 AM
That is why it needs to be repeatable. Flukes happen. Science needs to rule out flukes. Repeatability is the only way to rule out flukes.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.