Are all religions equally harmful? (Islam)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2015, 08:40 PM
RE: Are all religions equally harmful? (Islam)
Certain religions are more "prominent" than others... i.e they're in the news a lot, and often for all the wrong reasons, so they're bound to get more attention from vocal atheists.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2015, 08:48 PM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2015 09:20 PM by TheGulegon.)
It depends! If the bibble said "thou shall not suffer a witch to be left un-tickled" I wouldn't have a problem! Dodgy

But whether it's a passage in a holy book, or a tradition handed down for generations by word of mouth, if it calls for killing, or doing cruel things to, those who don't follow the rules, it's dispicable, and needs extermination as if it were a cancer!

The only thing holding X-ianity back are modern laws! Better to get rid of it all together before it finds a way into some (more?) political power!

Find all posts by this user
18-02-2015, 09:33 PM
(18-02-2015 08:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-02-2015 08:11 PM)Blackout Wrote:  GirlyMan, most of those are white supremacist, not Christian. Care to explain?

That's an interesting question. How many white supremacist groups in the US do not identify themselves as God fearing Christians just doing the Lord's work?

I do not know, but I'll tell you right away that it is a myth white supremacism is based on Christianity. I took a look at stormfront and I've noticed there's topics about atheism and there's a significant amount of atheist members discussing non-belief in gods. I know the KKK is an American Christian apologist based group, but I don't know how many of them (White supremacist groups) are Christian. Even if they are, Christian faith is not the determinant contribution to white supremacism, but unfounded irrational belief in racial genetics and racial superiority/segregation.

I would say that white supremacism is in itself a religiously diverse group, they seem to hate Judaism and Islam with a passion but not all of them are Christian, some are pagans, agnostics, atheists, etc. (some people think Hitler was an atheist)

Correct me if I'm wrong as well but I think America never had (unlike Europe) problems with neo-nazi or white supremacist parties gaining too much votes and reaching positions of power.

Can you briefly explain how much do those groups impact society? Do they kill people? If so, how many? Do they impact politics? Are people called racists and bigots for opposing racial supremacism and white supremacists?

More importantly - How many of those organizations are legally classified as terrorist?

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
18-02-2015, 09:41 PM
(18-02-2015 09:33 PM)Blackout Wrote:  
(18-02-2015 08:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That's an interesting question. How many white supremacist groups in the US do not identify themselves as God fearing Christians just doing the Lord's work?

I do not know, but I'll tell you right away that it is a myth white supremacism is based on Christianity. I took a look at stormfront and I've noticed there's topics about atheism and there's a significant amount of atheist members discussing non-belief in gods. I know the KKK is an American Christian apologist based group, but I don't know how many of them (White supremacist groups) are Christian. Even if they are, Christian faith is not the determinant contribution to white supremacism, but unfounded irrational belief in racial genetics and racial superiority/segregation.

I would say that white supremacism is in itself a religiously diverse group, they seem to hate Judaism and Islam with a passion but not all of them are Christian, some are pagans, agnostics, atheists, etc. (some people think Hitler was an atheist)

Correct me if I'm wrong as well but I think America never had (unlike Europe) problems with neo-nazi or white supremacist parties gaining too much votes and reaching positions of power.

Can you briefly explain how much do those groups impact society? Do they kill people? If so, how many? Do they impact politics? Are people called racists and bigots for opposing racial supremacism and white supremacists?

More importantly - How many of those organizations are legally classified as terrorist?

Mmm...

During the 1910s - 1960s

Countless people were murdered and terrorized. It came to a head in the 1960s, then got driven under ground.

My dad's family were klan members, if you heard the way they spoke you'd think they were terrorists.

And every single one I knew personally as a kid, could quote the bible and completely believed god wanted them to do what they did.

While I might mourn a bit losing my mom's side of the family after my grandmothers death. I never wanted anything to do with my fathers side.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-02-2015, 09:45 PM
Also, Harry Truman was tied to klan. Many us governors had strong ties to them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Kla...s_politics

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-02-2015, 09:51 PM
(18-02-2015 09:33 PM)Blackout Wrote:  Correct me if I'm wrong as well but I think America never had (unlike Europe) problems with neo-nazi or white supremacist parties gaining too much votes and reaching positions of power.

Nope. Never been a problem here. That nasty Jim Crow business was just so much nonsense and much ado about nothing. A tempest in a teapot, nothing more.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-02-2015, 09:59 PM
Momsurroundedbyboys thanks for the info, I didn't know Truman was linked to the KKK, I'm quite surprised.

My question is how much Christian belief influences white supremacist ideologies - The KKK certainly has a strong Christian traditionalist component, but there's, according to GirlyMan's post, over 100 white supremacist groups and I doubt all of them are tied to a specific religion. More importantly there's a fundamental distinction to be made - White supremacists being Christians is a causality relation that starts with supremacism - White supremacists have a racial bias and are very conservative, therefore they usually pick the most conservative viewpoints for all of society's issues - Therefore, Christian belief is merely a result of traditionalist white supremacism. Christian belief derives from the ideology, but I doubt that Christianity itself is the the cause of white supremacism. Is there racial supremacism in the bible?

Islamic terrorism is based on religion (even if the media disagrees) and it starts with religion, it is based on a kind of supremacism that Islam demands. This is a fundamental difference, at least in my opinion. I don't think it is reasonable to argue that religion is the driving factor of racial supremacy, even if supremacists adopt the majority's religion - Curiously, in France you have a secularist anti-Semitic party (possibly supremacist to an extent) and in my country you have a Catholic friendly one (I'm guessing the Klan is protestant since it's the majority's religion in the US).

My question isn't if white supremacists are religious but how much of supremacism can really be attributed to religion. I see people blaming religion on terrorism because the holy book orders punishing certain people, but I don't see anyone blaming racial supremacy, probably because it is mostly caused by outdated and unfounded ideologies that started a few centuries ago and were developed by Adolf Hitler.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
19-02-2015, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2015 10:29 PM by GirlyMan.)
(18-02-2015 09:59 PM)Blackout Wrote:  More importantly there's a fundamental distinction to be made - White supremacists being Christians is a causality relation that starts with supremacism - White supremacists have a racial bias and are very conservative, therefore they usually pick the most conservative viewpoints for all of society's issues - Therefore, Christian belief is merely a result of traditionalist white supremacism. Christian belief derives from the ideology, but I doubt that Christianity itself is the the cause of white supremacism.

Interesting. So Christianity is the obvious scaffold to provide structure and cover for something far more atrocious. Obviously ain't the case with the Army of God though. Quite the opposite.

(18-02-2015 09:59 PM)Blackout Wrote:  Is there racial supremacism in the bible?

I'm not 100% sure but I think it tends to favor commie Jew bastards.

(18-02-2015 09:59 PM)Blackout Wrote:  My question isn't if white supremacists are religious but how much of supremacism can really be attributed to religion.

Like I said, this is an interesting question. Off to count.

#sigh
20-02-2015, 01:43 AM
(18-02-2015 07:40 PM)Free Wrote:  There is not one single redeeming quality in Islam.

No matter how far apart human beings are on matters of ideology.
On matters of faith and reason.
They can always come together.
For food.

[Image: Celebrating_Eid_in_Tajikistan_10-13-2007.jpg]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_al-Fitr

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.