Are atheists snobs?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2014, 09:16 AM
RE: Are atheists snobs?
I will not be a snob to religious people, I love them. I love uneducated people too, they have their story… and uneducated does not mean not smart. I won't be snobby to people who aren't smart either, though. I had a really dumb dog and I loved him so much- made me realize I can love dumb people, ha ha. What I do not have tolerance for, or at least struggle with, is outright ignorance. I can't stand that. That's when it is hard to tame my inner snobby beast. Shy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like LadyJane's post
11-09-2014, 09:18 AM
(11-09-2014 09:16 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I will not be a snob to religious people, I love them. I love uneducated people too, they have their story… and uneducated does not mean not smart. I won't be snobby to people who aren't smart either, though. I had a really dumb dog and I loved him so much- made me realize I can love dumb people, ha ha. What I do not have tolerance for, or at least struggle with, is outright ignorance. I can't stand that. That's when it is hard to tame my inner snobby beast. Shy

Ignorance is fine.

Wilfull ignorance, on the other hand...

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
11-09-2014, 09:21 AM
(11-09-2014 09:18 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 09:16 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I will not be a snob to religious people, I love them. I love uneducated people too, they have their story… and uneducated does not mean not smart. I won't be snobby to people who aren't smart either, though. I had a really dumb dog and I loved him so much- made me realize I can love dumb people, ha ha. What I do not have tolerance for, or at least struggle with, is outright ignorance. I can't stand that. That's when it is hard to tame my inner snobby beast. Shy

Ignorance is fine.

Wilfull ignorance, on the other hand...

That is what I meant by outright. I am uneducated in my word usage perhaps. I will no longer remain ignorant though. Tongue
[+] 6 users Like LadyJane's post
11-09-2014, 09:36 AM
(11-09-2014 09:03 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 06:39 AM)Dee Wrote:  Are devout theists snobs?

Yes they are. Believing everyone who doesn't believe what you believe in will be going to hell is religious snobbery. I tend to gravitate towards smart people who often are atheists. So I don't know if it's a cause or an effect. My best friends are smart people and mostly atheist or agnostic.

I dunno..I know a few dumb atheists.

My friends are very diverse. We don't generally when we meet up, discuss religion at all, in fact I didn't know most of them were religious at all until facebook.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-09-2014, 10:44 AM
(11-09-2014 09:03 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 06:39 AM)Dee Wrote:  Are devout theists snobs?

Yes they are. Believing everyone who doesn't believe what you believe in will be going to hell is religious snobbery.
I wouldn't call that snobbery...it's just an untrue belief.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
11-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Nah, I just happen to be better than everyone else. I'm not a snob or arrogant about this indisputable fact Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
11-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Well, do all educated people believe that those less educated are inferior beings? That's what snobbery is.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
11-09-2014, 11:34 AM
When I found and embraced Science of Mind in the 80's this philosophy FREED me from so many bindings and I often felt so much better than those still in bindings and still are...living in fear, guilt, shame, etc etc....it goes on and on.

When I would meet a new person who also embraced SOM philosophy, we had such a bond....

I don't have patience for most who don't think as I do....I tolerate them but spend no time with them to speak of. I don't abuse them but smile and go on.
11-09-2014, 12:33 PM
I'd like to consider myself educated -- not overwhelmingly so, but just enough to have a relative grasp on things. I, however, am not of the opinion that a person less educated than me is inferior. I do, however, believe that willfully ignorant individuals should seek help.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
11-09-2014, 02:20 PM
(11-09-2014 10:44 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 09:03 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yes they are. Believing everyone who doesn't believe what you believe in will be going to hell is religious snobbery.
I wouldn't call that snobbery...it's just an untrue belief.

LOL. It's an untrue belief that they're snobby about.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.