Pro life
undecided
[Show Results]

Are athiests pro-choice?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2013, 08:35 PM
RE: Are athiests pro-choice?
(14-04-2013 04:36 PM)Vera Wrote:  Another thing I don't give a fuck about, is your culture. You can insult whatever you want how much you want.
Our, my deer. Our. Try and stand outside as much as you like, the headlights have never the less captivated you.

Quote:Piling insults on a member of this forum (that you don't even know) on the other hand? Pathetic.
The only pathetic thing about me, is my penis. I'm hung like an ant, you see. That's probably the crux of the issue. All us trolls are of similar endowment.

Quote:And if you bothered to actually read my posts, you'd find out that there isn't a single insult in them. Can you say the same about yours?
You don't need to draw upon your vocabulary of expletives to be insulting, my dear.

Quote:Or any point at all?
Only the one I cover with my ten gallon hat.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2013, 08:45 PM
(14-04-2013 08:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-04-2013 07:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Depends on what section of the forum you post...

I believe it is intuitively obvious to even the most casual observer that if we all simply agreed with 'Muffs the forum would tick along extremely smoothly.Drinking Beverage

We should try it for a week and see how it goes.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
14-04-2013, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2013 09:08 PM by amyb.)
(14-04-2013 03:35 PM)TheBarkingSnail Wrote:  
(14-04-2013 12:10 PM)amyb Wrote:  ^Each are responsible, but only one has to carry it in their body for nine months.
"Each are responsible, but.." - Your argument thus ends. You're done. Fuck off. So fucking what? That's a biology lesson. You can cut the shit, and leave off with the first six syllables. And, I quote, "Each are responsible".

Okay, let me rephrase since my wording was unclear:
Each are responsible for the fertilization, NOT the full pregnancy.

ONLY the woman carries in her fucking uterus for 9 months. That's why I think the contribution is not at all equal. As I said before, if the man could carry it, then he should be able to have a legal say in the matter. If not, he can fuck off (or knock up someone else). Men have billions of sperm, women have a fair amount of eggs, too. It's not like blastocyst is usually the only chance of someone ever having kids, especially if the people in question don't want kids. I think kids should be wanted by both parents, and they should have them when both parties are ready and willing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-04-2013, 09:24 PM
(14-04-2013 09:02 PM)amyb Wrote:  
(14-04-2013 03:35 PM)TheBarkingSnail Wrote:  "Each are responsible, but.." - Your argument thus ends. You're done. Fuck off. So fucking what? That's a biology lesson. You can cut the shit, and leave off with the first six syllables. And, I quote, "Each are responsible".

Okay, let me rephrase since my wording was unclear:

ONLY the woman carries in her fucking uterus for 9 months. That's why I think the contribution is not at all equal. As I said before, if the man could carry it, then he should be able to have a legal say in the matter. If not, he can fuck off (or knock up someone else). Men have billions of sperm, women have a fair amount of eggs, too. It's not like blastocyst is usually the only chance of someone ever having kids, especially if the people in question don't want kids. I think kids should be wanted by both parents, and they should have them when both parties are ready and willing.

But isn't that kind of like saying the guy is only responsible for the conception and thereafter it's not half his DNA, half his responsibility, not half his child? Can't have it both ways, either it's a virgin conception or there are two people involved fullstop.
I understand that not every child is wanted, by whichever party, but why is it when the guy does want the child he's the one who's screwed, women can make a choice, the guy in the end isn't able to stop that.

Bleh, can't even put into words what I'm trying to say..

Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare.
14-04-2013, 09:26 PM
@Chas and Muffs,

Have you both gone bonkers or have I missed something? What just happened? I thought the smartass smiley would've tipped anyone off who missed my little joke. By disagreeing with DLJ I mooted my own statement. You can't logically take an opposing position, which is what I was poking fun at. I'll refer to you Pierce.

14-04-2013, 09:30 PM
(14-04-2013 09:26 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  @Chas and Muffs,

Have you both gone bonkers or have I missed something? What just happened? I thought the smartass smiley would've tipped anyone off who missed my little joke. By disagreeing with DLJ I mooted my own statement. You can't logically take an opposing position, which is what I was poking fun at. I'll refer to you Pierce.

Huh? Shocking You took me seriously? Laughat

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
14-04-2013, 10:09 PM
(14-04-2013 09:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-04-2013 09:26 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  @Chas and Muffs,

Huh? Shocking You took me seriously? Laughat

Ha! Not in that way. Tongue

14-04-2013, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2013 12:10 AM by amyb.)
(14-04-2013 09:24 PM)VoXNiHiLi Wrote:  
(14-04-2013 09:02 PM)amyb Wrote:  Okay, let me rephrase since my wording was unclear:

But isn't that kind of like saying the guy is only responsible for the conception and thereafter it's not half his DNA, half his responsibility, not half his child? Can't have it both ways, either it's a virgin conception or there are two people involved fullstop.
I understand that not every child is wanted, by whichever party, but why is it when the guy does want the child he's the one who's screwed, women can make a choice, the guy in the end isn't able to stop that.

But the discussion is about abortion, not about child support payments. I never said I think child support is great, I said in a perfect world, every child carried to term would be wanted by both parents. I think the child support system and also the way the justice system favors women in custody cases a lot of the time, etc, is quite fucked though, yeah. And I don't think anyone's DNA should matter (therefore, I reject the "half his DNA" thing), and fuck Maury Povich and everyone that's ever been on shows like that trying to figure out who their babydaddy is. I think the stigma attached to abortion is a large part of the problem here, too. If both parties don't want the kid, if there is no partner, if the woman doesn't even know whose it is and can't afford it, maybe she should consider abortion more seriously. Again, if she decides she wants kids later, she can get pregnant on purpose, or adopt.

It just seems to me, where abortion is concerned, people make a lot of emotionally based arguments, or ones that seem to say childbirth is a woman's punishment for being sexually active.

I have a friend, he didn't plan his first son. He tried arguing with me on facebook that what if they'd aborted ___, wouldn't that suck? The kid in question is 15 now and on my FB-friends list! I think it's not a sound argument at all, that the kid could end up being a good person or whatever. Had he been aborted, he never would have had friends, loved ones, feelings, his own personality. And this is a bullshit argument. But then dude goes on to say "if a woman doesn't want babies, she shouldn't be having sex." A WOMAN. The woman shouldn't be having sex. This boggles my mind because recreational sex is a thing and it's the whole reason behind birth control: people like having sex, and don't necessarily only do it to procreate. I mean, old people have sex, infertile people have sex. If sex was about making babies, then pregnant women wouldn't have sex anymore. They'd be all like, "Well, we humped successfully, glad THAT'S out of the way." I think if a woman says she doesn't want kids, she can't afford them, doesn't like them, wants time for her career, even if doesn't want any fucking stretchmarks, these are all valid reasons to terminate a pregnancy IMO.

I just don't understand the way people care more about fetuses and blastocysts than they do about women and (post-birth) children. I also have trouble understanding why people care so much about having biological children, but that's a different discussion I suppose.
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
14-04-2013, 11:51 PM
(14-04-2013 10:10 PM)amyb Wrote:  
(14-04-2013 09:24 PM)VoXNiHiLi Wrote:  But isn't that kind of like saying the guy is only responsible for the conception and thereafter it's not half his DNA, half his responsibility, not half his child? Can't have it both ways, either it's a virgin conception or there are two people involved fullstop.

But the discussion is about abortion, not about child support payments. I never said I think child support is great, I said in a perfect world, every child carried to term would be wanted by both parents. I think the child support system and also the way the justice system favors women in custody cases a lot of the time, etc, is quite fucked though, yeah. And I don't think anyone's DNA should matter, and fuck Maury Povich and everyone that's ever been on shows like that trying to figure out who their babydaddy is. I think the stigma attached to abortion is a large part of the problem here, too. If both parties don't want the kid, if there is no partner, if the woman doesn't even know whose it is and can't afford it, maybe she should consider abortion more seriously. Again, if she decides she wants kids later, she can get pregnant on purpose, or adopt.

It just seems to me, where abortion is concerned, people make a lot of emotionally based arguments, or ones that seem to say childbirth is a woman's punishment for being sexually active.

I have a friend, he didn't plan his first son. He tried arguing with me on facebook that what if they'd aborted ___, wouldn't that suck? The kid in question is 15 now and on my FB-friends list! I think it's not a sound argument at all, that the kid could end up being a good person or whatever. Had he been aborted, he never would have had friends, loved ones, feelings, his own personality. And this is a bullshit argument. But then dude goes on to say "if a woman doesn't want babies, she shouldn't be having sex." A WOMAN. The woman shouldn't be having sex. This boggles my mind because recreational sex is a thing and it's the whole reason behind birth control: people like having sex, and don't necessarily only do it to procreate. I mean, old people have sex, infertile people have sex. If sex was about making babies, then pregnant women wouldn't have sex anymore. They'd be all like, "Well, we humped successfully, glad THAT'S out of the way." I think if a woman says she doesn't want kids, she can't afford them, doesn't like them, wants time for her career, even if doesn't want any fucking stretchmarks, these are all valid reasons to terminate a pregnancy IMO.

I just don't understand the way people care more about fetuses and blastocysts than they do about women and (post-birth) children. I also have trouble understanding why people care so much about having biological children, but that's a different discussion I suppose.

Well, that's because women first and only role in society is to serve as reproductive machines for men to own. Women are naturally and universally sex slaves duh!

Sad

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
15-04-2013, 12:17 AM
^ Pretty much seems that way. The friend of mine (using the word "friend" loosely) went on to tell me that, basically, if a woman gets pregnant, her life, her feelings, her dreams and goals no longer matter: she has now become a baby cannon and lost her personhood. I just can't quite understand the love affair with the fetus, I guess.

And I don't know, I feel like all the reproducing going on is getting out of hand. So many people in the world already. I'd just rather people take care of the people out there in the world before insisting on making more all the time. I'd also like to see the stigma attached to childfree/childless people go away (and yes there is one. People all like they're sad for you if you're female, and act like you're gay or a pedo if you're male. I've seen it happen).
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post