undecided
[Show Results]

Are athiests pro-choice?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2013, 01:49 AM
RE: Are athiests pro-choice?
I think many people ONLY focus on the "baby killing."

"Pro-choice" should be looked at as "the RIGHT for people to make decisions, in regards to their health, on their OWN." Nobody should be allowed to tell another they are wrong for making a specific decision. They should not be punished for doing what is right for themselves.

If someone doesn't like abortions, then they shouldn't get an abortion.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Peanut's post
12-04-2013, 01:55 AM
(12-04-2013 01:45 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I'd also like to state - for any anonymous viewers - that pro-choice means precisely that. "In favor of a choice". This means I'm entirely in favor of a woman or couple deciding to keep their child if they wish. Pro-choice does not solely mean "pro-abortion". In a funny kind of way, it also means "pro-life". We're merely in favor of there being a choice available. What that choice is, ultimately, is of no concern to us.
"CHOICE" being the key word.
I couldn't have said that part better myself Smile

Thumbsup

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
12-04-2013, 01:55 AM
(12-04-2013 01:49 AM)Peanut Wrote:  I think many people ONLY focus on the "baby killing."

"Pro-choice" should be looked at as "the RIGHT for people to make decisions, in regards to their health, on their OWN." Nobody should be allowed to tell another they are wrong for making a specific decision. They should not be punished for doing what is right for themselves.

I'm so glad you finally posted a picture of your pretty face. Smile

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
12-04-2013, 02:10 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 02:21 AM by Peanut.)
(12-04-2013 01:55 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 01:49 AM)Peanut Wrote:  I think many people ONLY focus on the "baby killing."

I'm so glad you finally posted a picture of your pretty face. Smile

OFF TOPIC! (I'm on my phone, so I can't figure out the smiley.) Wink

12-04-2013, 07:42 AM
(12-04-2013 01:04 AM)CaffinatedPuppy Wrote:  Did I miss something? I'm totally not getting what is going on??
You misspelled the word "atheist" in the title of this thread.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
12-04-2013, 07:51 AM
In general, probably. I hate abortion. I can't stand it, and I can't stand the idea of it. But people should have the right to an abortion safely, legally, and without being seen as a monster. They aren't.

Semper requiremus veritatis.
[+] 3 users Like FrostyMan's post
12-04-2013, 07:55 AM
(12-04-2013 01:39 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think people misinterpret pro-choice as pro-baby killing.
pro-choice is exactly that, you are in favor of people being able to make up their own damn minds on the situation and not dictate for them how they should run their lives.

I accept that people have different (even though they're wrong) opinions to me and I can't tell them how they are to run their lives as I don't expect them to tell me to run mine.

Abortion, I can't even imagine, must be an extremely hard decision, especially for a young lady, as it is without society ramming down their throats what horrible people they are. It's like, you're not in their situation, how the fuck do you know what they're going through back the fuck off!

This is the point worth re-emphasizing. Pro-Choice does not = Pro-abortion

Just like atheist does not = Pro-Satan worship or evil bastard/bitch or immoral vagrant or any other such nonsense spun by idiots.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
12-04-2013, 08:00 AM
One of my sisters-in-law works in women's health clinic. She is feminist, pro-choice, ex-Catholic.

She has said, though, that when she sees a woman coming in to the clinic for her third abortion, she wants to take a baseball bat and whomp her upside the head.

In her view, abortion is not an ethical choice for birth control.

Hard for me to disagree with that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like Chas's post
12-04-2013, 08:04 AM
(12-04-2013 08:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  One of my sisters-in-law works in women's health clinic. She is feminist, pro-choice, ex-Catholic.

She has said, though, that when she sees a woman coming in to the clinic for her third abortion, she wants to take a baseball bat and whomp her upside the head.

That mother fucker needs SCIENCE!

Or at least sex-ed.

And yes, I concur with the notion that using abortion as birth control, is bordering on immoral. Not just because it is a controversial procedure, but because repeated abortions can't be healthy for the individual receiving them. It is immoral just because she is doing bodily harm to herself.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
12-04-2013, 08:34 AM
(12-04-2013 08:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  One of my sisters-in-law works in women's health clinic. She is feminist, pro-choice, ex-Catholic.

Like all things, there will be those that abuse the system.
But why should those that really do need the system be stripped of that right because of a few bad eggs?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post