Pro life
undecided
[Show Results]

Are athiests pro-choice?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2013, 04:35 PM
RE: Are athiests pro-choice?
(13-04-2013 04:29 PM)smidgen Wrote:  I have always been pro choice. Even when I was a Christian I was.

Since I'm been here I've been told many different things. First of course that there is no stereotype for an atheist. We are all different with our own beliefs. Then I talk about being a Republican, well I get told that's not normal for an atheist. I post my opinion on different issues and pretty much get told the same thing. Then I scratch my head and say wtf, I thought their was no normal atheist then I get told I'm not normal for an atheist. I don't get it. Of course I've also been called stupid because I have a different opinion that most on this forum.

You're a Republican?

I too support the reformation into a Republic!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
13-04-2013, 06:24 PM
(13-04-2013 04:29 PM)smidgen Wrote:  ...
that there is no stereotype for an atheist. We are all different
I've also been called stupid because I have a different opinion that most on this forum.

So I guess that means we are all stupid.

Therein lies the truth.

Thumbsup

Meanwhile...
(Both debaters are secularism-ists. Long but worth watching)

13-04-2013, 08:06 PM
(13-04-2013 03:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 12:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm neither. I strongly believe in women's reproductive rights. Period. "Pro-life" is really anti choice.

To me there is nothing to discuss.

Yeah, what she said. Where's the poll option of "I don't have a uterus so it ain't my fucking call and I should just keep my motherfucking mouth shut." Old men incapable of bringing a baby to term should just keep their fucking pieholes shut, lest Girly calls them on their own idiocy shit.

Word.

But yeah, I do think it really does mean anti-choice, and also "We're gonna choose for you." I can understand if a woman thinks she would not want an abortion, no matter what the situation, or in certain situations. That's fine. What I cannot understand is when a person wants to make that decision for another person, because it's not their business.

And while I think any couple should discuss any reproductive issues, I also think that, at the end of the day, it's the woman's call what goes on in her uterus.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
13-04-2013, 08:36 PM
(13-04-2013 03:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 12:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm neither. I strongly believe in women's reproductive rights. Period. "Pro-life" is really anti choice.

To me there is nothing to discuss.

Yeah, what she said. Where's the poll option of "I don't have a uterus so it ain't my fucking call and I should just keep my motherfucking mouth shut." Old men incapable of bringing a baby to term should just keep their fucking pieholes shut, lest Girly calls them on their own idiocy shit.

I love ya GM!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

14-04-2013, 04:18 AM
(12-04-2013 08:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  One of my sisters-in-law works in women's health clinic. She is feminist, pro-choice, ex-Catholic.

She has said, though, that when she sees a woman coming in to the clinic for her third abortion, she wants to take a baseball bat and whomp her upside the head.

In her view, abortion is not an ethical choice for birth control.

Hard for me to disagree with that.

If an abortion is not wrong the first two pregnancies, why would it be wrong on the third? I don't understand this reasoning. It seems you and you sister in law have a limit on the immorality you are willing to tolerate before you want to unleash the baseball bat of justice.
14-04-2013, 04:33 AM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2013 04:36 AM by DeepThought.)
(14-04-2013 04:18 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If an abortion is not wrong the first two pregnancies, why would it be wrong on the third? I don't understand this reasoning. It seems you and you sister in law have a limit on the immorality you are willing to tolerate before you want to unleash the baseball bat of justice.

Thing is, moron...

That there are MUCH easier convenient methods.

Abortion is meant as a last resort. Usually abortions are very stressful for women (psychologically and physically).

If a woman is going to the clinic every 3-4 months they need to get their head examined.

And.. you really should put in a little bit of effort to understand what is being said instead of being a shallow idiotic jerk.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
14-04-2013, 04:37 AM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2013 04:40 AM by Free Thought.)
(14-04-2013 04:18 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 08:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  One of my sisters-in-law works in women's health clinic. She is feminist, pro-choice, ex-Catholic.

She has said, though, that when she sees a woman coming in to the clinic for her third abortion, she wants to take a baseball bat and whomp her upside the head.

In her view, abortion is not an ethical choice for birth control.

Hard for me to disagree with that.

If an abortion is not wrong the first two pregnancies, why would it be wrong on the third? I don't understand this reasoning. It seems you and you sister in law have a limit on the immorality you are willing to tolerate before you want to unleash the baseball bat of justice.

"Okay ladies and gentlemen, role up, role up, I am here with a VERY special offer; if you get 3 abortions in a row, that's right, not one, not two, but THREE, you win a special prize! What is this prize you ask? It is the simply wonderful, amazing, stupendous Take-Away-Yer-Brain Assisted Lobotomy Kit, Baseball bat Edition™, 'Why?' you may be asking yourself: well, here's the answer; because you did not learn your lesson the two previous times! Now remember kiddies, use fucking protection! Thumbsup"

The views of the jokes Salesman character do not necessarily reflect the views of the Company

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
14-04-2013, 05:39 AM
(14-04-2013 04:18 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  ...
unleash the baseball bat of justice.

D'huh!

The baseball bat is not aiming for the curve ball of morality.

It's targeting the slow ball of stupidity.

Smartass

(I gave myself a Smartass 'cause I wrote the above without researching any basebally-things and it's a subject I know fuck all about)

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
14-04-2013, 06:29 AM
I am both pro-choice and pro-life. I think women should have the choice to have an abortion if they feel it is necessary, but I don't support their decision in some cases.
The so-called "pro-lifers" are nothing of the sort. They think a woman should have their lives destroyed just to save a clump of cells (note that most abortions are performed when the fetus is nothing more than a "few" cells).

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
14-04-2013, 06:37 AM
(13-04-2013 06:24 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-04-2013 04:29 PM)smidgen Wrote:  ...
that there is no stereotype for an atheist. We are all different
I've also been called stupid because I have a different opinion that most on this forum.

So I guess that means we are all stupid.

Therein lies the truth.

Thumbsup

Meanwhile...
(Both debaters are secularism-ists. Long but worth watching)

Thank you. I thought about leaving but their are a few here I really like so I think I'll stick around a while longer. Wink
I will have to watch it when I have more time.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes smidgen's post