undecided
[Show Results]

Are athiests pro-choice?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2013, 09:31 AM
RE: Are athiests pro-choice?
(14-04-2013 06:37 AM)smidgen Wrote:  
(13-04-2013 06:24 PM)DLJ Wrote:  So I guess that means we are all stupid.

Therein lies the truth.

Thumbsup

Meanwhile...
(Both debaters are secularism-ists. Long but worth watching)

Thank you. I thought about leaving but their are a few here I really like so I think I'll stick around a while longer. Wink
I will have to watch it when I have more time.

Forum. Noun
1. A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

This forum wouldn't be worthy of the name if we all agreed with each other.

Would it?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2013, 09:41 AM
(14-04-2013 09:31 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Forum. Noun
1. A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Would it?

I agree Tongue
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
14-04-2013, 09:42 AM
I don't know about atheists, but anarchists certainly lean that way. I know I'm certainly pro-post-term-abortion. I'm also pro-mass-graves. I'm also pro-mass-grave-memorial, for posterity's sake. I am thus, due to being pro-life, though not in the commonly politicized sense of being pro-life. Evil_monster
[+] 1 user Likes TheBarkingSnail's post
14-04-2013, 09:55 AM
(14-04-2013 09:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-04-2013 09:31 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Forum. Noun

Would it?

I agree Tongue
I disagree. And also think you're stupid. So there. Dodgy

Oh wait, I forgot that DLJ doesn't approve. Forget I said anything. Or that I was even here. [Image: ninja-disappearing-smiley.gif]

As for the original question, I think amy's perfect summation kinda made any further comments pointless.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
14-04-2013, 10:02 AM
(14-04-2013 09:55 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(14-04-2013 09:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  I agree Tongue
I disagree. And also think you're stupid. So there. Dodgy

Oh wait, I forgot that DLJ doesn't approve. Forget I said anything. Or that I was even here. [Image: ninja-disappearing-smiley.gif]

As for the original question, I think amy's perfect summation kinda made any further comments pointless.

I agree.

Oooh! Two ironies in two words. Self-awesomeness.

I'm DLJ and I approve this message.

14-04-2013, 10:10 AM
(14-04-2013 10:02 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm DLJ and I approve this message.

Your own? If not:
[Image: GG7RE0AVWEG-XZ3R6bmLMA2.jpg]

Save it for someone who needs it. There are plenty. Angel

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
14-04-2013, 10:18 AM
I don't think I could ever go through with an abortion (having a baby would be such a light in my life) That being said who knows what I'd think or do depending on the situation.

I do feel however that a woman has a right to choose. No outside person should have the right to force a woman to go through such a traumatic physical/psychological experience.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
14-04-2013, 11:36 AM
(14-04-2013 04:18 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If an abortion is not wrong the first two pregnancies, why would it be wrong on the third? I don't understand this reasoning. It seems you and you sister in law have a limit on the immorality you are willing to tolerate before you want to unleash the baseball bat of justice.

As others said, the thing here is not "immorality" so much as the fact that abortion is not supposed to be a birth control method; it's a last resort when birth control has failed or was not used. If a person keeps getting them every month, then they obviously don't want a child and should be on birth control. Condoms and other birth control methods are hugely cheaper and less invasive than an abortion. Anyone in their right mind who doesn't want a kid should use other methods to avoid having an abortion if possible, if for no other reason than it's costly and invasive.

But yeah, what DLJ said: the problem is not immorality, it's stupidity.

As I've said, I am in favor of abortion being de-stigmatized. However, I am still in favor of people preventing the need for abortion by using birth control.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
14-04-2013, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2013 11:51 AM by smidgen.)
--------------------------
14-04-2013, 11:50 AM
(14-04-2013 10:18 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  No outside person should have the right to force a woman to go through such a traumatic physical/psychological experience.
Force, no. But given the current law, for instance, in the U.S., should not the partner have some choice in the matter? And, if choice for such is removed from the equation, for whatever reason, should not the sexual partner responsible have some immunity from legal recourse, if their choice is forbidden? Given that each are equally responsible for the pregnancy?