Pro life
undecided
[Show Results]

Are athiests pro-choice?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2013, 12:10 PM
RE: Are athiests pro-choice?
^Each are responsible, but only one has to carry it in their body for nine months. This is one reason I think the partner should have no legal say in the matter. (I do think partners should discuss it when possible, though). As I see it, the man can go knock up someone else, or adopt a child if he wants one. There is more investment for the woman, and it's not like there is a shortage of children in the world. If somebody you knocked up doesn't want a baby, find someone who does, or adopt a baby. I don't think the man in the equation should be able to force the woman to (potentially) screw up the rest of her life just because they had unprotected sex, or the condom broke or something.

Now, if it were possible to surgically implant the embryo in the man when he's the only one who wanted the baby, that might work, but otherwise, no.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
14-04-2013, 01:30 PM
(14-04-2013 04:33 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(14-04-2013 04:18 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If an abortion is not wrong the first two pregnancies, why would it be wrong on the third? I don't understand this reasoning. It seems you and you sister in law have a limit on the immorality you are willing to tolerate before you want to unleash the baseball bat of justice.

Thing is, moron...

That there are MUCH easier convenient methods.

Abortion is meant as a last resort. Usually abortions are very stressful for women (psychologically and physically).

If a woman is going to the clinic every 3-4 months they need to get their head examined.

And.. you really should put in a little bit of effort to understand what is being said instead of being a shallow idiotic jerk.

Chas said that in his view and his sister's view abortion is not....and these are his words not mine..."an ethical choice for birth control". Maybe Chas meant to say "is a stupid" instead of "not ethical" but he said what he said and I took it at face value....not ethical means not in accordance with his moral principles.

I forgive you for calling a moron and politely ask that you carefully read an exchange before you start hurling insults. We are all grown ups here and there is no need to employ junior high school tactics in a discussion like this.
Find all posts by this user
14-04-2013, 03:25 PM
No opinion, but the Pro Choice side seems to resort to falsehood less often, and naturally religious arguments mean less than nothing to me.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
14-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Nice ^ there. Very classy. Fuck you.

(14-04-2013 12:10 PM)amyb Wrote:  ^Each are responsible, but only one has to carry it in their body for nine months.
"Each are responsible, but.." - Your argument thus ends. You're done. Fuck off. So fucking what? That's a biology lesson. You can cut the shit, and leave off with the first six syllables. And, I quote, "Each are responsible".

(14-04-2013 12:10 PM)amyb Wrote:  This is one reason I think the partner should have no legal say in the matter.
Bullshit. Is that the route you want to take? I was being forgiving here. A "man" if you will. You are ultimately responsible for your own body. You, not me. By your logic.

So, by your logic, since the man should have no legal say in the matter, we should likewise have no obligate responsibility. You think to deny us. we rightly should deny you. Your choice, made alone, should be.. Well, a burden to everyone. Not only to the father, but the SNAP-feeding tax payer as well.

Quote:(I do think partners should discuss it when possible, though).
Oh, a very fine and noble notion. Obviously you've either often, or never, been in that situation.

Quote:As I see it, the man can go knock up someone else, or adopt a child if he wants one.
That is utterly beside the point.

Quote:There is more investment for the woman, and it's not like there is a shortage of children in the world.
Spoken like a haplessly, socially inept, childless female individual spewing rote bullshit.

Quote:If somebody you knocked up doesn't want a baby, find someone who does, or adopt a baby.
Off topic.

Quote:I don't think the man in the equation should be able to force the woman to (potentially) screw up the rest of her life just because they had unprotected sex, or the condom broke or something.
But she should be legally able to screw up the rest of his life because they had unprotected sexual intercourse, and she made a choice? Or do you view all intercourse as rape? In which case, were it a rape case, I might agree that financial responsibility rest of the "man" should the woman refuse to abort.,

Fuck contraceptive failure. That isn't the issue.

Closing note: In a sane world, you alone are responsible for your choices. You, demonstrably, are insane. Good luck in life. Wink
14-04-2013, 03:40 PM
(14-04-2013 03:35 PM)TheBarkingSnail Wrote:  Spoken like a haplessly, socially inept, childless female individual spewing rote bullshit.

And after this excrement of a post you have the gall to talk about class?

I would say welcome to the forum, but I will not.

Most people usually wait at least a week to show their true colours. Thanks for not keeping us in suspense.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
14-04-2013, 03:50 PM
14-04-2013, 03:52 PM
(14-04-2013 03:50 PM)TheBarkingSnail Wrote:  Proof positive, it seems, that truth is as valued here as it is in the nationally published tabloid, given you're the local spokesperson. Is that what you are?

Truth? Oh, so now your opinion (offensively expressed, at that) is truth. Yeah, tell me how I'm the arrogant one again.

14-04-2013, 04:02 PM
(14-04-2013 03:52 PM)Vera Wrote:  Truth? Oh, so now your opinion (offensively expressed, at that) is truth. Yeah, tell me how I'm the arrogant one again.
Truth is demonstrably factual. I'm living the life. I have truth in spades. What do you require from me to continue? Are you going to argue against any point I've made, or just waste my time with you infantile bullshit?

Open invitation anyone to put me in my place. Any dedicated fathers like myself out there want to chime in about their less-than-significant others?
14-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Having not read much of this thread (yes lazy) but having thought a bit about abortion, I have to agree with TheBarkingSnail on the point that ultimately women can screw over a guy by choosing to have a kid. Once a child is born it's there for life, if you are any kinda human being you are going to want to know your child, and women in western society get the best end of every court case etc when it comes to custody, so what is the guy supposed to do?
Hands tied by the fate of a child you didn't want in that situation but won't abandon...
Women have choice... but none of them are necessarily good ones, abortion does damage, whatever the reason it's done for, but bringing a child into the world can do just as much damage.
Pro choice for the right reasons, not for convenience...

Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare.
14-04-2013, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2013 04:23 PM by Vera.)
(14-04-2013 04:02 PM)TheBarkingSnail Wrote:  Truth is demonstrably factual. I'm living the life. I have truth in spades. What do you require from me to continue? Are you going to argue against any point I've made, or just waste my time with you infantile bullshit?

Open invitation anyone to put me in my place. Any dedicated fathers like myself out there want to chime in about their less-than-significant others?

I don't give a fuck whether you're a father or what you have in spades. People might take your OPINION a bit more seriously, if you didn't express it, hidden into a stinking pile of insults.

But hey, you have something in spades (not too sure if it's truth, but whatever) and it saves me the effort of having to bother reading your posts.

And I'm dying the death. So?