Pro life
undecided
[Show Results]

Are athiests pro-choice?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2013, 04:21 PM
RE: Are athiests pro-choice?
Dying to death because someone speaks best with insults?

Back to the topic at hand, as a person who doesn't even want the label atheist as that implies some connection with a group who all feel the same way and I am an individual thanks all the same, I have to say that I only support the idea of abortion when the life of the child is going to be compromised significantly by disease/ deformity to the point they would not be able to function without significant quantities of money and help, call me cold if you like, but I don't think bringing a child into the world knowing they are significantly damaged is a kind or compassionate thing to do. As for the mother - mental health, physical health sure, but convenience, hell no.
Take that as you will...

Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2013, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2013 04:41 PM by TheBarkingSnail.)
(14-04-2013 04:09 PM)Vera Wrote:  I don't give a fuck whether you're a father or what you have in spades.
I'm right there with you, actually. Why are we arguing in the first place?

Quote:People might take your OPINION a bit more seriously, if you didn't express it, hidden into a stinking pile of insults.
Why do I care for your reception of what I have to say? You care as little about mine, a sentiment defined in your initial reaction. You obviously don't understand yourself. It would seem that you do care. Here's my question, all important. Am I trying to fuck you? No. So get over yourself. Does our culture not deserve insult? Would you like me to be diplomatic about it?

Quote:(not too sure if it's truth, but whatever)
No, you're not sure. You don't know shit. This admission after a barrage of judgement insults, you understand, means very little?

Quote:And I'm dying to death. So?
Living unto death. Nietzsche's greatest admonition and cause against faith was nihilism. I take it your the "other" guy?

You started off so strong, and finished so weak. No need to wonder about you, babe.
14-04-2013, 04:36 PM
(14-04-2013 04:29 PM)TheBarkingSnail Wrote:  Why do I care for your reception of what I have to say? Am I trying to fuck you? Does our culture not deserve insult? Would you like me to be diplomatic about it?

Another thing I don't give a fuck about, is your culture. You can insult whatever you want how much you want.

Piling insults on a member of this forum (that you don't even know) on the other hand? Pathetic.

And if you bothered to actually read my posts, you'd find out that there isn't a single insult in them. Can you say the same about yours?

Quote:You started off so strong, and finished so weak. No wonder about you, babe.

Do you think this actually makes you sound like you've made a valid point? Or any point at all?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
14-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Re: Are athiests pro-choice?
I am pro-choice. I just don't feel we should tell others what choice others should make on the matter. On a personal level if I were faced with this decision I would choose life each time. Whether I am ready for a child or not.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Culture referring to what Vera? I'm curious here that you seem to want to stand apart from the general shite that is the human race by saying "Your" culture is somehow different from all the rest, do you really wish to go there?

I can't see a way past pro-choice third world or first world the inherent misogyny of pro lifers offers little hope for any kind of real resolution to the problem does it not?

14-04-2013, 07:22 PM
(14-04-2013 09:31 AM)DLJ Wrote:  This forum wouldn't be worthy of the name if we all agreed with each other.

Would it?

I disagree. I think the forum functions best because we all agree on pretty much everything. Smartass

14-04-2013, 07:30 PM
(14-04-2013 07:22 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(14-04-2013 09:31 AM)DLJ Wrote:  This forum wouldn't be worthy of the name if we all agreed with each other.

Would it?

I disagree. I think the forum functions best because we all agree on pretty much everything. Smartass

Depends on what section of the forum you post...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
14-04-2013, 08:13 PM
(14-04-2013 07:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-04-2013 07:22 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I disagree. I think the forum functions best because we all agree on pretty much everything. Smartass

Depends on what section of the forum you post...

I believe it is intuitively obvious to even the most casual observer that if we all simply agreed with 'Muffs the forum would tick along extremely smoothly.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
14-04-2013, 08:19 PM
(14-04-2013 08:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-04-2013 07:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Depends on what section of the forum you post...

I believe it is intuitively obvious to even the most casual observer that if we all simply agreed with 'Muffs the forum would tick along extremely smoothly.Drinking Beverage

Well if that were to happen 'Muffs would have to reverse his opinion.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
14-04-2013, 08:20 PM
(14-04-2013 08:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-04-2013 07:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Depends on what section of the forum you post...

Tick along into an oblivion of like minded rhetoric... oh yay, I'm new here but yes, lets go for that... Bowing

What was the question again....