Are both Popes now infallible?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2013, 07:11 PM
RE: Are both Popes now infallible?
(14-03-2013 06:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  There aren't "both popes". There is only one.

So it's like Highlander?

Quote:And that one is only 'infallible' on matters of doctrine.

Is the old Pope's infallible gland withering away? Won't he go crazy, like a drug wearing off? He'll want to reach that infallible high again and so IMO he will likely turn to mass homicide and black tar heroin for his highs.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Buddy Christ's post
14-03-2013, 07:13 PM
[Image: 36190237.jpg]

Great minds, BC, great minds.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
14-03-2013, 10:12 PM
There will be a new council called to discuss the issue, (no doubt).
The "Franky the Pope" Council.
In the end there will be a councillar "finding of fact" that whatever truth is being promulagted as the truth, infallibly, will be subject to the "Jebus Equation".
The truth by the latest pewp will be weighted as a .66 % and added to the truth of the old guy as .33 %. Whatever it adds up to, you will be required to beliebe, (or go ta hell).
I'm ready for my internship in the Roman Curia, can't ya tell ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-03-2013, 10:30 PM
(14-03-2013 03:38 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  The invention of the papal infallibility concept didn't happen until the First Vatican Council in 1869, well after the last Pope resigned. So this is the first time there have been a Pope and an ex-Pope since they decided that the Pope is infallible (can't be wrong or questioned because of his direct contact with God... his hat gives him good reception). Does the ex-Pope have his superpowers revoked by God or are they both infallible? What if they disagree on an issue? How can two people talking directly to God get two different messages?

Sub-question: if the two infallible Popes competed in a two-man sack race against Jesus and God, who would win?
I wonder as to whether the first pope was receiving his info from Jesus and the second pope from god. Or visa versa. Then any disagreements they might have can be attributed to a father/son dispute.

I kinda feel bad though for the Holy Spirit. He's getting left out of these very important issues.

Just an outsider looking inn.
14-03-2013, 11:13 PM
(14-03-2013 10:30 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  ...
I kinda feel bad though for the Holy Spirit. He's getting left out of these very important issues.

Don't worry. He, she or it is there in... spirit.

Yes

14-03-2013, 11:38 PM
If by infallible you mean "creepy old pedophile protecting sociopath" then yes, I would say they're both infallible.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-03-2013, 12:22 AM
Are both Popes now infallible?
Ok now you guys are making me wanna play Assassins Creed 2 again just for the epic boss fight.

It still stands as my favorite.
15-03-2013, 08:30 AM
The pope is only "infallible" when speaking/writing "ex cathedra" which the former pope can no longer do. I know he might look the same and talk the same but his infallible powers left him when he stepped down.....
[+] 1 user Likes FeelHappiness's post
15-03-2013, 08:35 AM
The old pope (sorry, the "ex" pope) had his magic hat taken away when he left town. So, he can no longer lay claim to speaking for/to god.
However, they did give him a small Green Bay Packer pennant and a Chicago Cubs baseball cap!
Maybe he can now predict when the Packers will again win the SB, and the Cubs actually get into a WS!

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
[+] 1 user Likes RaisdCath's post
15-03-2013, 08:38 AM
The former has been un-poped.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post