Are christians sad Jesus died?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2014, 02:47 AM
Are christians sad Jesus died?
or happy that he did. Personally I would feel massively shithouse if someone died for me. I wouldn't want to celebrate it at all. It would make me all guilty and ashamed. They seem to think it is amazing and special.

Not that it really matters because he never existed to start with but it is kind of sick to glorify someone dying.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Pippen's post
03-04-2014, 02:57 AM
RE: Are christians sad Jesus died?
The ones I've encountered seem pretty thrilled by the whole affair. But he did rise again...apparently...so that may account for their cheeriness on the subject.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 2 users Like Eva's post
03-04-2014, 03:22 AM
Christianity is a death cult.

I am not kidding. A better description is Christianity is an apocalyptic death cult.

Make no mistake.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
03-04-2014, 03:24 AM
(03-04-2014 03:22 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Christianity is a death cult.

I am not kidding. A better description is Christianity is an apocalyptic death cult.

Make no mistake.

HEY, to be fair Islam and Hinduism are also death cults.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
03-04-2014, 03:51 AM
(03-04-2014 03:24 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(03-04-2014 03:22 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Christianity is a death cult.

Make no mistake.

HEY, to be fair Islam and Hinduism are also death cults.

Are there any tax cults? Then both things we cannot avoid would be covered. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
03-04-2014, 06:11 AM
If I was a christian I would be more pissed off with the fact that he came back. All very well making the ultimate sacrifice and dying for our sins, but doing so in the knowledge that your gonna come back ..... mmmmm.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
03-04-2014, 06:13 AM
As far as I can tell they are happy that he died and rose from the dead.
03-04-2014, 06:29 AM
They are told this was a good thing and they should be happy about it. Most never think beyond that.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
03-04-2014, 06:33 AM
Sad sometimes, guilty and shamed often.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
03-04-2014, 06:35 AM
(03-04-2014 02:57 AM)Eva Wrote:  The ones I've encountered seem pretty thrilled by the whole affair. But he did rise again...apparently...so that may account for their cheeriness on the subject.

In all seriousness, they're sad that he died, but far happier that he rose. Maundy Thursday and Good Friday services are very solemn affairs (at least at the Lutheran church I used to attend). Then, on Easter, they can't stop yelling "He is risen! He is risen indeed! Hallelujah!", for like, twenty minutes.

Even when I used to believe, these services were off-putting to me.

(03-04-2014 06:11 AM)Marozz Wrote:  If I was a christian I would be more pissed off with the fact that he came back. All very well making the ultimate sacrifice and dying for our sins, but doing so in the knowledge that your gonna come back ..... mmmmm.

No, man, see that's the genius. He got to have his cake and eat it too! He sacrificed himself and then came back. He tricked God while simultaneously being God! He send himself to be killed to appease himself and then after he was appeased, he came back!

Jesus is the ultimate con artist.
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post