Are christians sad Jesus died?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2014, 08:47 PM
RE: Are christians sad Jesus died?
(03-04-2014 02:44 PM)War Horse Wrote:  What utter nonsense, even then, us alter boys made fun of the concept, but had to think like this to keep the penguins and priests happy that we understood.... well, something. Hobo

We had altar boys where I come from. They tried to alter some of the altar boys, but none of them would be "altered" as far as I know. Tongue
Then there was me. I was born "altered". Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
03-04-2014, 09:47 PM
(03-04-2014 09:41 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(03-04-2014 09:15 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Complaining and asking questions isn't a sin.

How is complaining not a "sin". I'm pretty sure complaining is not part of "God's" plan, and anything that goes agains "God" is a "sin", there for complaining is a "sin".

Perfect people would have no reason to complain. If you have the ability to complain, you are less than a "perfect" person.

And who was he complaining to? Himself? That's like going "I really don't like the dinner I cooked myself even though I thought it through and decided that is what I wanted and went to the supermarket and brought the ingredients and prepared it exactly they way I wanted them" Now I will have a bit of a grizzle about it.

Plus complaining to God seems to result in a metric fuckton of trouble.
[+] 1 user Likes Pippen's post
03-04-2014, 09:57 PM
Yeah, he doesn't seem to like complaints. Just ask Moses' sister, Mirriam.
03-04-2014, 10:01 PM
(03-04-2014 11:13 AM)Charis Wrote:  And yes, the 2nd coming of Jesus is not supposed to be a particular peaceful one. Christians all know about it (or most do) and most express more glee over it than I personally think is warranted.

Funny you should say that. I met a woman who was utterly convinced the end time was upon us and seemed quite thrilled at the idea of all the 'unsaved' suffering and how awful it would be and if we only knew what she knew. I just about choked on my dinner from laughter.
03-04-2014, 10:06 PM
I would not laugh at that woman. She is a sociopath. I have always considered Xianity to be the religion of sociopathy.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
03-04-2014, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2014 01:11 AM by Charis.)
There is only one, okay TWO, parts of the "Second Coming" that I would say are cause for "glee."

1. The Christian's prospect for being "rescued" and brought, finally, into a state of peace
2. The prospect of seeing any sort of major cosmic disturbance is an amazing thing, to be sure.

But when it comes to the judgement and suffering of untold masses, I shudder at the thought of any person finding glee in that.... and yet all too often, that is the aspect of the Second Coming that is "gleefully" referred to the most. That anyone should so readily find in themselves such delight at the thought of the endless torture of others is chilling and barbaric. And yet, as horrible and inhumane-- you might say "inHUMAN"-- as this should be, we don't see this trait in only a small percentage of the population. No, we see this dark tendancy in a huge percentage of the world's people. Interestingly enough, it is those very religions which claim to promote peace which are providing the outlets for the darkest parts of the human psyche.
03-04-2014, 11:09 PM
(03-04-2014 11:13 AM)Charis Wrote:  And yes, the 2nd coming of Jesus is not supposed to be a particular peaceful one. Christians all know about it (or most do) and most express more glee over it than I personally think is warranted.

Funny you should say that. I met a woman who was utterly convinced the end time was upon us and seemed quite thrilled at the idea of all the 'unsaved' suffering and how awful it would be and if we only knew what she knew. I just about choked on my dinner from laughter.