Are femboys the new girls

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-04-2015, 05:22 AM
RE: Are femboys the new girls
for example the fact that men have more spacial memory and girls have the ability to go by landmarks...{don't quote me on that.} It's the way the brain is wired times social programing. so you have a certain center of your brain developed more.. thats going to effect your behavior. that and your life experience make you act certain ways.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2015, 05:24 AM
(20-04-2015 05:15 AM)One Above All Wrote:  What are "male and female tendencies"?
EDIT: I don't think it's much to ask of people to know what the fuck they mean so that others can understand them. Right now you're not helping your position by saying this is too much to ask.

just one question... when did I say " this is too much to ask"

20-04-2015, 05:28 AM (This post was last modified: 20-04-2015 05:34 AM by One Above All.)
(20-04-2015 05:22 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  for example the fact that men have more spacial memory and girls have the ability to go by landmarks...{don't quote me on that.} It's the way the brain is wired times social programing. so you have a certain center of your brain developed more.. thats going to effect your behavior. that and your life experience make you act certain ways.

Those are not tendencies, are they? Those are skills. Tendencies refer to... you know, tendencies. Behavior. I fail to see how me having more spacial memory or being able to go by landmarks is going to make me wanna put on a dress or go to the gym (two claimed examples of "masculine" and "feminine" behavior).
EDIT: For the record, social conditioning is an argument against "masculine" and "feminine" being real things (perhaps even proof of it), because social conditioning can go any way you want it to. If behavior were innate, this couldn't be done. When nature and nurture clash, nature always wins, in the end. Just look at homosexual homophobes caught with a same-sex person in their pants.

(20-04-2015 05:24 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  just one question... when did I say " this is too much to ask"

You said if I asked for a more meaningful definition, then I was asking too much of the concepts. I don't think asking for a more meaningful definition is too much to ask for.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
20-04-2015, 05:37 AM
(20-04-2015 05:28 AM)One Above All Wrote:  
(20-04-2015 05:22 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  for example the fact that men have more spacial memory and girls have the ability to go by landmarks...{don't quote me on that.} It's the way the brain is wired times social programming. so you have a certain center of your brain developed more.. that's going to effect your behavior. that and your life experience make you act certain ways.

Those are not tendencies, are they? Those are skills. Tendencies refer to... you know, tendencies. Behavior. I fail to see how me having more spacial memory or being able to go by landmarks is going to make me wanna put on a dress or go to the gym (two claimed examples of "masculine" and "feminine" behavior).

(20-04-2015 05:24 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  just one question... when did I say " this is too much to ask"

You said if I asked for a more meaningful definition, then I was asking too much of the concepts. I don't think asking for a more meaningful definition is too much to ask for.

1. I was just using the skills as examples but I am no brain scientist.. so if I am short their then I am willing admit I am wrong but I am going to go with the brain scientist opinion over yours.m lest you have scientific facts or studies of your own...

23. No i didn't.. you can ask al you want.. you just ask the concept[t to do to much... your saying tghat masculin and feminine are meaningless. so I have a challenge for you... define any of the following Turms in a meaningful way..
1. cute
2. ugly
3. awesome
4. sucks
p.s. o that you know.. The tur,s are very subjective and opinion+ based just like gender but then all have very iteral meanings that is shared between me and you. so go ahead define them in a non subjective way.

20-04-2015, 05:45 AM
sorry for the double post... just thought I'd through this in hear... tomboys act more masculine due to the fact their brains get more testeron when the develolpe inn the womb there for they act more masculine than other girls.

20-04-2015, 05:51 AM
(20-04-2015 05:37 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  1. I was just using the skills as examples but I am no brain scientist.. so if I am short their then I am willing admit I am wrong but I am going to go with the brain scientist opinion over yours.m lest you have scientific facts or studies of your own...

The fact that people raised without forced behavior social conditioning ("You're a girl, so you must play with dolls!/You're a boy, so you must play with cars!") behave in ways that are contrary to what people who think masculinity/femininity are real things expect is a big argument for my side. Also the fact that you can't tell men apart from women on the Internet unless they say they're one or the other. On the Internet, you can only go by what people say - their behavior. There once was a troll who insisted men and women behaved differently. I removed my sex from my profile and asked her to conclude what it was based on my behavior.

(20-04-2015 05:37 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  p.s. o that you know.. The tur,s are very subjective and opinion+ based just like gender but then all have very iteral meanings that is shared between me and you. so go ahead define them in a non subjective way.

Subjectivity is not the same as meaninglessness. While what people consider cute, ugly, awesome, and sucky differs, the definitions of those terms do not. Cute things are appealing, ugly things are unappealing, and so on. "Masculinity" and "femininity" are not well-defined. They're not defined at all, in fact, except by use of stereotypes.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
20-04-2015, 05:55 AM
(20-04-2015 04:52 AM)One Above All Wrote:  
(20-04-2015 04:46 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Yeah, there's a term for that already; effeminate.

Uh... That's meaningless too, IMO. See my post above yours.

adjective
(of a man or boy) having traits, tastes, habits, etc., traditionally considered feminine, as softness or delicacy.

What is your problem with that definition?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
20-04-2015, 05:59 AM
(20-04-2015 05:55 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(20-04-2015 04:52 AM)One Above All Wrote:  Uh... That's meaningless too, IMO. See my post above yours.

adjective
(of a man or boy) having traits, tastes, habits, etc., traditionally considered feminine, as softness or delicacy.

The part I underlined is my problem with that definition. Until someone can give me a meaningful definition of "masculine", "feminine", and any terms derived from those two, that is consistent with reality, they will remain meaningless in my view.

[+] 1 user Likes One Above All's post
20-04-2015, 06:01 AM
(20-04-2015 05:59 AM)One Above All Wrote:  
(20-04-2015 05:55 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  adjective

The part I underlined is my problem with that definition. Until someone can give me a meaningful definition of "masculine", "feminine", and any terms derived from those two, that is consistent with reality, they will remain meaningless in my view.

...what are you talking about?

adjective
pertaining to a woman or girl:

having qualities traditionally ascribed to women, as sensitivity or gentleness.

effeminate; womanish:

belonging to the female sex; female:

Grammar. noting or pertaining to that one of the three genders of Latin, Greek, German, etc., or one of the two genders of French, Spanish, Hebrew, etc., having among its members most nouns referring to females, as well as other nouns, as Latin stella “star,” or German Zeit “time.”.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
20-04-2015, 06:03 AM
they are based off stereo types but I thiink you are missing as key part of science. you see. kids mimic/model they're behavior on what they see they're gender doing. thus a pattern begins. not to say that e can not through these notions aside but that comes later in life with knowledge of self.
remember humans are pattern seeking machines. thus we get models of behavior and those are useful because they allows us to understand what is going on around us socially.