Are femboys the new girls

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-04-2015, 06:04 AM
RE: Are femboys the new girls
(I'm only replying to the ones you put in bold, since it appears those are the ones you thought most relevant)

(20-04-2015 06:01 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  adjective
pertaining to a woman or girl:

Women are as diverse as men. This makes the term meaningless because, for every thing men like, there's at least one woman who likes it.

(20-04-2015 06:01 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  2.
having qualities traditionally ascribed to women, as sensitivity or gentleness.

Id est: stereotyping.

(20-04-2015 06:01 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  belonging to the female sex; female:

See point #1. Unless this refers to genitals, in which case it's meaningful, but irrelevant.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes One Above All's post
20-04-2015, 06:08 AM
(20-04-2015 06:04 AM)One Above All Wrote:  (I'm only replying to the ones you put in bold, since it appears those are the ones you thought most relevant)

Women are as diverse as men. This makes the term meaningless because, for every thing men like, there's at least one woman who likes it.

See point #1.

sorry but.. so what about stereotyping... remember what I said about humans bieng a pattern seeking animal.... the samed ability that allows us to stereo type.. helps us knows social contexts. thus aiding in the survival of the species. btw your confusing gender with sex.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
20-04-2015, 06:09 AM
(20-04-2015 06:03 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  they are based off stereo types but I thiink you are missing as key part of science. you see. kids mimic/model they're behavior on what they see they're gender doing. thus a pattern begins. not to say that e can not through these notions aside but that comes later in life with knowledge of self.
remember humans are pattern seeking machines. thus we get models of behavior and those are useful because they allows us to understand what is going on around us socially.

...I'm still not seeing any meaningful definition in there. Though, to be fair, I'm having a hard time understanding this particular post.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
20-04-2015, 06:10 AM
(20-04-2015 06:08 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  btw your confusing gender with sex.

Not at all. AFAIK "masculine" and "feminine" refer to the sexes; not genders. Even if they do refer to genders, that doesn't make my points moot.

20-04-2015, 06:12 AM
(20-04-2015 06:09 AM)One Above All Wrote:  
(20-04-2015 06:03 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  they are based off stereo types but I thiink you are missing as key part of science. you see. kids mimic/model they're behavior on what they see they're gender doing. thus a pattern begins. not to say that e can not through these notions aside but that comes later in life with knowledge of self.
remember humans are pattern seeking machines. thus we get models of behavior and those are useful because they allows us to understand what is going on around us socially.

...I'm still not seeing any meaningful definition in there. Though, to be fair, I'm having a hard time understanding this particular post.

+they are just usefull ways to understand context.. also your brain effects your behavior. thus it defines personality types.

20-04-2015, 06:14 AM
(20-04-2015 06:04 AM)One Above All Wrote:  

No, it doesn't make it meaningless at all. It's not about tastes and hobbies. For example a "feminine" figure is defined by female characteristics that are very rarely found in men.

Stereotyping is irrelevant in linguistics, especially in semantics. That's just what the word means, it doesn't need to be ethical or right.

See point #1. Unless this refers to genitals, in which case it's meaningful, but irrelevant.

Both females and males are human, but they do have features that are chracteristic of their sex, whether we like it or not. It's not just our genitals that make us different.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
20-04-2015, 06:16 AM
(20-04-2015 06:12 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  
(20-04-2015 06:09 AM)One Above All Wrote:  ...I'm still not seeing any meaningful definition in there. Though, to be fair, I'm having a hard time understanding this particular post.

+they are just usefull ways to understand context.. also your brain effects your behavior. thus it defines personality types.

They can't be useful is they're meaningless. If I said I was a flurblegargle, would that be useful in any way? What if I told you a flurblegargle was someone who had a flurble and gargled? Would that help?
This is how I see the whole "masculine"/"feminine" thing.

Your brain does affect behavior, but I'm not seeing any evidence that men and women are prone to liking/doing something, or walking/standing in a certain way, or really having any behavior distinguishable from one another. If what you say is true, then, again, why can't you tell men apart from women online unless they tell you about their sex?

20-04-2015, 06:20 AM
(20-04-2015 06:14 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  No, it doesn't make it meaningless at all. It's not about tastes and hobbies. For example a "feminine" figure is defined by female characteristics that are very rarely found in men.

If being "feminine" and "masculine" is not about behavior but appearance, then the terms become meaningful, but useless, since we already have a word for it: androgyny.

(20-04-2015 06:14 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Stereotyping is irrelevant in linguistics, especially in semantics. That's just what the word means, it doesn't need to be ethical or right.

I meant that using a stereotype to define a word makes that word meaningless. If black" were defined like racists define it (criminals, the whole lot of 'em!), would that make the term meaningful in any way?

20-04-2015, 06:20 AM
(20-04-2015 06:10 AM)One Above All Wrote:  
(20-04-2015 06:08 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  btw your confusing gender with sex.

Not at all. AFAIK "masculine" and "feminine" refer to the sexes; not genders. Even if they do refer to genders, that doesn't make my points moot.
actually it does because you think that everyone defines every man masculine.. and every man feminine.. therefore you don't think pf the terms as they are use now. it is observable that men are more likely to act masculine. therefore it's labeled buttttt. I think you miss there point is to definer behavior. the fact that it's describing most men os irrelevant.. you just think because the masculine was used traditionally to only define men that it is meaningless. buttt.. it has just with our scientific understanding.

20-04-2015, 06:23 AM
kunoxian drive, don't take this the wrong way, but I'm going to focus on discussing this with undergroundp for now. I can barely understand you, and I'm not sure you're understanding me. Besides, she made a point that might prove me wrong.